The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Unfashionable opinion with the twitter mafiosi, but I think Dean will end up at a higher level than both Ferguson and McCrorie.

Difficult to tell. Could definitely see him playing abroad as I think he's better on the ball but they other two are more well rounded and able to drag us to a winning performance.

18 hours ago, tarapoa said:

There was any need for opponents to waste a man or any energy with a “high press” when it came to Jerel.

Blame drunk Dons fans in Hull for that one in the post-Sigma desperation to get bodies in.

In terms of basic technique, he's the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I don't understand how you could train every day for over a decade and still be so incredibly sh*t

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

In terms of basic technique, he's the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I don't understand how you could train every day for over a decade and still be so incredibly sh*t

100%. It was genuinely astonishing.

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Difficult to tell. Could definitely see him playing abroad as I think he's better on the ball but they other two are more well rounded and able to drag us to a winning performance.

I think Ferguson and McCrorie are both better right now, but bear in mind Ferguson is a year and a half older, and McCrorie is 3 years older.

He's got a good mentality as well. Steady, nothing seems to put him up or down. He's starting to influence games more as well, and developing a bit of dig about him. Like you say, he could play abroad. If he keeps up his progression I could see him suiting the Italian league

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Unfashionable opinion with the twitter mafiosi, but I think Dean will end up at a higher level than both Ferguson and McCrorie.

Definitely more potential than McCrorie. 
He needs to play right centre half as he isn’t a midfielder. You could get away with McCrorie in midfield if he was in there with say Hedges and Wright but that’s  about it.

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

If he keeps up his progression I could see him suiting the Italian league

A bit like Jack then round about the Groningen/Sociedad games when Napoli and Roma were reputedly interested.

So that'll be him declining a new contract offer in three years time and moving to Sevco as a free agent.  It's the new thing for young Aberdonians that have come through the ranks.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

A bit like Jack then round about the Groningen/Sociedad games when Napoli and Roma were reputedly interested.

So that'll be him declining a new contract offer in three years time and moving to Sevco as a free agent.  It's the new thing for young Aberdonians that have come through the ranks.

I'm pretty sure Deano's a die hard, but I have plenty of vitriol stored away for if that happens!

31 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I have been a die hard Dons fan from the 70’s but I’m beginning to wonder what the fucking point is anymore?
We’re never going to achieve anything again?

Keep the faith, difficult at the mo but we are going to achieve in the future. The league cup win was ace feeling which we will will experience again and I'm like you I grew up with success with the Fergie days which I don't think we will get them winning days again but I live in hope.

PS I replicate an away day on Aberdeen game during this lockdown so I have a shandy or two during an Aberdeen game - I need some normality in my life so sorry if doesn't make sense lol  

Edited by betting competition

38 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Keep the faith, difficult at the mo but we are going to achieve in the future. The league cup win was ace feeling which we will will experience again and I'm like you I grew up with success with the Fergie days which I don't think we will get them winning days again but I live in hope.

PS I replicate an away day on Aberdeen game during this lockdown so I have a shandy or two during an Aberdeen game - I need some normality in my life so sorry if doesn't make sense lol  

Line of coke at 9am? 

Didn't expect much out of Celtic games, seem to have not much luck at timing of playing them as they are in a winning run bar Ross County.
Next 2 games are massive, lose any of them and I think 3rd might be gone.  
Dundee United is likely to be 0-0 given the way they setup against us and our struggle for goals. Really need Hibs to lose at Ross County in their game in hand to have a realistic chance of third, and us not drop many more points. Going to be a struggle.