The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Scored probably my favourite Dons goal over the past 5 years away to Hearts. Would be rude not to include it below.

I absolutely love the fact they've dampened the microphones at the Aberdeen end and have turned them up at the Hearts end so you can't hear any Aberdeen cheering and all you are left with is the sound of an angry Jambo who says the word f**k about 7 times in 10 seconds hahaha.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just listened to Tony Docherty’s pre match interview from today. He said that he’d just found out that Kamberi has had online abuse. I haven’t seen anything else about it yet, but presume it’s from one, or more, of our “fans”? Just checked and nothing on the BBC Scotland Sports website. If this was a player from one of the “big two”, it would the headline story. I would like a bit of background on what has happened.

One of the Sky Sports journos said it wasn't an Aberdeen fan fwiw. Certainly use of the term 'A' instead of 'I' would suggest someone from the west coast...

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I absolutely love the fact they've dampened the microphones at the Aberdeen end and have turned them up at the Hearts end so you can't hear any Aberdeen cheering and all you are left with is the sound of an angry Jambo who says the word f**k about 7 times in 10 seconds hahaha.

ha the sound mixing on that is horrendous but actually makes it better.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just listened to Tony Docherty’s pre match interview from today. He said that he’d just found out that Kamberi has had online abuse. I haven’t seen anything else about it yet, but presume it’s from one, or more, of our “fans”? Just checked and nothing on the BBC Scotland Sports website. If this was a player from one of the “big two”, it would the headline story. I would like a bit of background on what has happened.

It's someone wishing death on him through Instagram, apparently. There is no indication that it is from one of our fans. 

Edited by DrewDon

56 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

One of the Sky Sports journos said it wasn't an Aberdeen fan fwiw. Certainly use of the term 'A' instead of 'I' would suggest someone from the west coast...

Hibs are investigating to see whether it’s a ST holder at Easter Road.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

NIall McGinn has been a fantastic player for us and, although we’re all entitled to our individual opinions, I will never understand any Dons fan saying otherwise. Probably my favourite player over the past 8 years or so.

Craig Brown's best move as Aberdeen manager was to sign Niall McGinn and Jonny Hayes. McGinn's 20 goals were pivotal in keeping us away from the relegation zone that season. 

Scored probably my favourite Dons goal over the past 5 years away to Hearts. Would be rude not to include it below.

Some cracking old ones in here.

When you think of the ones that aren’t on here (Hearts Tynecastle, Double at Easter Road, Home to Kilmarnock) McGinn was top class.

I know its me, and many wont like this type of thing, but I've a (currently incomplete, only got 15/16, 16/17, 19/20, 20/21) database of winger stats from 15/16 to today, with them all percentile ranked. This is how McGinn in 15/16 comes out...

download.png.d7eaf0e34870189862a41545fa5c6d01.png

9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Some cracking old ones in here.

When you think of the ones that aren’t on here (Hearts Tynecastle, Double at Easter Road, Home to Kilmarnock) McGinn was top class.

Hes been a superb player for us over the years. Oddly a section of the support always seemed to dislike him , weirdly as he "looked miserable" and "lazy".

Possibly our most consistently good player over the time he has been with us, even last season he was our main attacking threat. 

Sadly he does look finished now (go on Niall .. get a double today!)

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know its me, and many wont like this type of thing, but I've a (currently incomplete, only got 15/16, 16/17, 19/20, 20/21) database of winger stats from 15/16 to today, with them all percentile ranked. This is how McGinn in 15/16 comes out...

download.png.d7eaf0e34870189862a41545fa5c6d01.png

I know that’s its probably just me, but that means absolutely nothing to me. You’d be as well showing a picture of a plate of chips.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know that’s its probably just me, but that means absolutely nothing to me. You’d be as well showing a picture of a plate of chips.

Closer to the edge, the better he is at that category.

Fuller the radar, better he is all round.

Overall him that season is the best, all round, winger I've come across so far.

Closer to the edge, the better he is at that category.
Fuller the radar, better he is all round.
Overall him that season is the best, all round, winger I've come across so far.

You’ve probably been asked this before somewhere already but where do you get your data?

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

xA now ffs.

I find it fairer than using Assist. As you can have someone plopping balls on a plate for a striker for 90 mins end the game with 0 assists and get slated, simply because the striker is hopeless.

48 minutes ago, Spectre said:

You’ve probably been asked this before somewhere already but where do you get your data?

WyScout.