The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I only watched the last 20 minutes on Hesgoal and the story was:

Mins 70-85 Neither team could give a f**k. The worst sort of preseason friendly.
Mins 86-90+3 A'deen decide they should actually play a wee bit and looked pretty good.  Had Celtic under pressure, won the 50-50s and were quite expansive.
Min 90+4 Last action of the game.  McGinn gets the ball on the right with the A'deen players still up after a corner.  Decides to hoof the ball in to the stands rather than the easier option of playing it in to the box.  

Hellishly frustrating for the casual onlooker.

It's actually quite sad to watch McGinn now. Can find space easier than anyone in our team but the legs aren't as quick as his head these days.

I only watched the last 20 minutes on Hesgoal and the story was:
Mins 70-85 Neither team could give a f**k. The worst sort of preseason friendly.
Mins 86-90+3 A'deen decide they should actually play a wee bit and looked pretty good.  Had Celtic under pressure, won the 50-50s and were quite expansive.
Min 90+4 Last action of the game.  McGinn gets the ball on the right with the A'deen players still up after a corner.  Decides to hoof the ball in to the stands rather than the easier option of playing it in to the box.  
Hellishly frustrating for the casual onlooker.
It's actually quite sad to watch McGinn now. Can find space easier than anyone in our team but the legs aren't as quick as his head these days.
Aye McGinn was a shining bright in an otherwise shite season last season but the legs have gone totally this season and it is horrible to witness. He's been a very good servant for this club, and I hope he is remembered as such. Although I'm sure the Twitter massive only see the negatives in him

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

Aye McGinn was a shining bright in an otherwise shite season last season but the legs have gone totally this season and it is horrible to witness. He's been a very good servant for this club, and I hope he is remembered as such. Although I'm sure the Twitter massive only see the negatives in him

He's been given a tough time since his mental first season as he's not consistent. If he was as consistent as these guys demand he'd have been off down the road to an EPL team at some point. By not consistent I mean you'd get three great games in five.

This season is going end up frustrating as hell. Genuinely can't see how we finish 3rd from here. Can't really see us getting anything from the three games against the cheeks, which means we need to take 5 points more than Hibs from the other 6 games (7 for Hibs), that also presumes Hibs take nothing from them and that we can't turn around the goal difference (no sniggering at the back).

The way things are going you'd say Hibs maybe need 3 wins to clinch 3rd, they play Hamilton, County, Motherwell, Saints and Livi pre-split. 3 wins would give them 58 points. That's about the most I can see us getting to.

14 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

NIall McGinn has been a fantastic player for us and, although we’re all entitled to our individual opinions, I will never understand any Dons fan saying otherwise. Probably my favourite player over the past 8 years or so.

NIall McGinn has been a fantastic player for us and, although we’re all entitled to our individual opinions, I will never understand any Dons fan saying otherwise. Probably my favourite player over the past 8 years or so.

Likewise.

Outstanding player. Vastly underrated.

Won’t ever be talked about as a legend but he’s been our most talented and skilful player of this era.

Watch a rerun of his goals, easy to forget how special some of them were.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I found an interesting wee thread about Anderson the other day. Apologies, as I know some don’t like the use of xG and similar statistics but it did predict he’d score goals at this level.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

I found an interesting wee thread about Anderson the other day. Apologies, as I know some don’t like the use of xG and similar statistics but it did predict he’d score goals at this level.

Yeah that guy has been a fan of Bruce for years.

Bruce's problem is he isn't really a lone striker. Needs players in about him and we've never really played like that.

20 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He'd be daft to come back if McInnes is still in charge.

Aye. Can't imagine he'll hang about to see if the new manager (if McInnes goes) fancies him either.

Just listened to Tony Docherty’s pre match interview from today. He said that he’d just found out that Kamberi has had online abuse. I haven’t seen anything else about it yet, but presume it’s from one, or more, of our “fans”? Just checked and nothing on the BBC Scotland Sports website. If this was a player from one of the “big two”, it would the headline story. I would like a bit of background on what has happened.

Edited by kingjoey

34 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Can't imagine he'll hang about to see if the new manager (if McInnes goes) fancies him either.

No, especially if he continues as he has for Hamilton. As you say the way Mcinnes plays he would never be starting regularly and would be ill suited to the formation if he did.

58 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just listened to Tony Docherty’s pre match interview from today. He said that he’d just found out that Kamberi has had online abuse. I haven’t seen anything else about it yet, but presume it’s from one, or more, of our “fans”? Just checked and nothing on the BBC Scotland Sports website. If this was a player from one of the “big two”, it would the headline story. I would like a bit of background on what has happened.

I think that is a bit unfair considering it may only be Kamberi and Aberdeen that know about it.

If they haven't given the details to the press, what could they run as a story?

49 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that is a bit unfair considering it may only be Kamberi and Aberdeen that know about it.

If they haven't given the details to the press, what could they run as a story?

It was the press interviewer that brought up the story with Tony Docherty.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was the press interviewer that brought up the story with Tony Docherty.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post then. When you said that Docherty said he'd just found out Kamberi had been abused online, it sounded as though he was offering up the info rather than being asked about it.

3 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Likewise.

Outstanding player. Vastly underrated.

Won’t ever be talked about as a legend but he’s been our most talented and skilful player of this era.

Watch a rerun of his goals, easy to forget how special some of them were.

Scored probably my favourite Dons goal over the past 5 years away to Hearts. Would be rude not to include it below.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sorry, I misunderstood your post then. When you said that Docherty said he'd just found out Kamberi had been abused online, it sounded as though he was offering up the info rather than being asked about it.

Sorry, I can see that. When the press person asked the question about the story, Tony Docherty said that he had just been made aware of it. I would imagine he said that so he didn’t have to answer any specific questions.