The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I said this earlier. There's a growing part of me that believes that Cormack's real interest lies with Atlanta and not Aberdeen. 

It worries me that when Derek goes we'll end up with an Atalanta connection. 

That would be preferable to an Atlanta connection - they are just one win outside the champions league places so there should be a few decent players that could sent to Scotland to be hardend up......

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

ps thankfully from what I’m hearing, all the latest rumours are as big a pile of nonsense as the previous meltdown a few weeks back, when Stephen Glass was seen looking at houses in Westhill

Next door to Frank McGarvey I believe

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I think that guy is just really good at quoting the headlines within minutes of them being posted by others. Never really got the impression he was actually itk.

Aye, most of the stuff I've seen him post has either been quickly rehashed from someone like Scott Burns or has been hearsay that would be very difficult to disprove. 

1 hour ago, d31 said:

The manager hasnt finished 3rd in about 8 years (and that year he was cheated out of second). whats your point sorry?

My point is people will never stop bitching until we are challenging for the title or 2nd and it won't happen.

Before McInnes and Cormack have had a "chat" and the board has had a meeting, his position is obviously being considered. A couple more bad results and they could well change their minds. 

It's about fucking time McInnes knew he is under pressure from those above also. 

31 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I hope Derek has agreed to walk at the end of the season and waive what's left of his contract. The wording suggests it's agreed he will be replaced in the summer unless there is a major turn around, which is unlikely.

Why would McInnes agree to that? That’ll be a six figure sum he’d be walking away from would it not? 

It's good that the board has released a statement as that stops the discussion now and let's the team concentrate on getting the form back. I would expect the board to look at manager options in case results don't pick up and then make a change at end of the season.

Twitter is entertaining so many threatening not to buy season tickets - maybe it's just me but I've hated managers before with the lack of results/entertainment but that has never stopped my from financial supporting the club - maybe I'm being harsh on others 

Edited by betting competition

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

That's called one team sitting back and hitting on the counter and the other hitting hopeless pot shots.

If you go back to that match thread I'm certain you'll not find one comment that says we were in control of that game at any point.

There's no room for sentiment. We can't just give him to the summer because he's been here for years and used to be brilliant. You wouldn't accept that at your day job. Why is football different?

Anyone who says “why is football different” from almost any other job, really doesn’t understand how football works.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

What do Aberdeen fans expect from a manager?  Looks like they still have a very good chance of finishing third, is a higher place finish a real expectation?

Second is there for the taking, I expect effort from the players/manager every game as a bare minimum, he has the biggest budget in the clubs history at his disposal, he is the highest paid manager in the clubs history as well, so it's only right that expectations increase.  For me personally it's not all about the result it's the performances and the manner of some defeats over the years, he worries far too much about what we are facing instead of letting the opposition worry about us, very defeatist attitude, doesn't have the players as fit as they should be and his tactics are stale and predictable. 

I'm convinced we can do better than him, the club are in a much better position now (thanks to him) to get someone in with fresh ideas to take over and kick us on to a new level.  It's a very Scottish way of thinking to just say we should be happy with what we have and accept our place. 

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Second is there for the taking, I expect effort from the players/manager every game as a bare minimum, he has the biggest budget in the clubs history at his disposal, he is the highest paid manager in the clubs history as well, so it's only right that expectations increase.  For me personally it's not all about the result it's the performances and the manner of some defeats over the years, he worries far too much about what we are facing instead of letting the opposition worry about us, very defeatist attitude, doesn't have the players as fit as they should be and his tactics are stale and predictable. 

I'm convinced we can do better than him, the club are in a much better position now (thanks to him) to get someone in with fresh ideas to take over and kick us on to a new level.  It's a very Scottish way of thinking to just say we should be happy with what we have and accept our place. 

It’s not for me to tell fans of other clubs what their expectations should be but however big the present budget is it’s still far less than the two clubs who will continue to hold the two top spots.

By all means be ambitious, ambition is a good thing, but I reckon that ambition must be tempered by reality.