The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

When McInnes goes, I wonder if Cormack will make the managerial appointment solely based on Aberdeen's needs, or whether we are now considered to be Atlanta United (Subsidiary) FC?  A managerial Ronald Hernandez if you will.

I said this earlier. There's a growing part of me that believes that Cormack's real interest lies with Atlanta and not Aberdeen. 

It worries me that when Derek goes we'll end up with an Atalanta connection. 

43 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In the middle part of the game, albeit two down, we had all the impetus and until Hayes got injured midway through the second half, it seemed like an equaliser was likely.  

image.png.fa3cd68b5e3f9a22b14da30e5d271fa5.png

It was a bad performance overall, but could have been a 'one of those  days' thing.

All the other games you mention, we started quite well, played some nice stuff, didn't take several chances, and then fell away and could have lost them at the end - albeit Livingston away, we were the ones that had the late chances.

None of this is good enough of course - but I would still give the manager to the end of the season to get us going again.  He hasn't been far away at times this season - and surely the new signings need to be allowed time to bed in.

That's called one team sitting back and hitting on the counter and the other hitting hopeless pot shots.

If you go back to that match thread I'm certain you'll not find one comment that says we were in control of that game at any point.

There's no room for sentiment. We can't just give him to the summer because he's been here for years and used to be brilliant. You wouldn't accept that at your day job. Why is football different?

That's called one team sitting back and hitting on the counter and the other hitting hopeless pot shots.
If you go back to that match thread I'm certain you'll not find one comment that says we were in control of that game at any point.
There's no room for sentiment. We can't just give him to the summer because he's been here for years and used to be brilliant. You wouldn't accept that at your day job. Why is football different?

True - but I’ve seen AFC teams go down 2 down and do nothing before as well - in isolation it was nowhere near as bad as certain other performances eg Livi last Tuesday, which looked truly hopeless.

Let’s look at the previous game in Dingwall - superb display of attacking football and had around 10 good chances in the first half alone - that was only a few months previously, and maybe shows things can change quickly for better or worse.

Just don’t agree with pulling the trigger on the manager until he’s had every chance to address this slump, namely getting these new strikers bedded in and looking at his formation.

The end of season is probably the right time for change if it’s needed.

ps thankfully from what I’m hearing, all the latest rumours are as big a pile of nonsense as the previous meltdown a few weeks back, when Stephen Glass was seen looking at houses in Westhill

10 minutes ago, red23 said:

So who is the manager who is going to beat Rangers and Celtic to 1st or 2nd? with 1 guaranteed cup final per year?

If he doesn't can we boo him? 3rd is where we belong i'm afraid.

The manager hasnt finished 3rd in about 8 years (and that year he was cheated out of second). whats your point sorry?

28 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

ps thankfully from what I’m hearing, all the latest rumours are as big a pile of nonsense as the previous meltdown a few weeks back, when Stephen Glass was seen looking at houses in Westhill

The guy that started it all on Twitter seems to still be saying it’s happening 

I agree though, looks like it was utter shite 

43 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

True - but I’ve seen AFC teams go down 2 down and do nothing before as well - in isolation it was nowhere near as bad as certain other performances eg Livi last Tuesday, which looked truly hopeless.

Let’s look at the previous game in Dingwall - superb display of attacking football and had around 10 good chances in the first half alone - that was only a few months previously, and maybe shows things can change quickly for better or worse.

Just don’t agree with pulling the trigger on the manager until he’s had every chance to address this slump, namely getting these new strikers bedded in and looking at his formation.

The end of season is probably the right time for change if it’s needed.

There's a slump every season. Then he has to have a radical change.

Recruitment is a mess. The football is a mess. I'll be amazed and delighted if we finish third.

Vote of confidence from Davey C
Can hear the champagne corks getting popped in Joey’s house 
https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/02/08/update-from-the-chairman/
Not convinced it's the right thing but we get behind Derek and the team again and assess where we finish. There does need to be a recognition of the need to tighten up at the back and get some sort of creativity by tactical tweaks.

The positive is at least it isn't an Atlanta B style change.