The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

For last 2 games it is apparent the team have given up.

Saturday’s game was a must win or at the very least needed a change in performance.

The team surrendered fairly early on. Can’t for the life of me see why we write off the rest of the season just for McInnes.

I don't think they gave up - just think they're lacking in confidence - happens in football and sometimes just needs a spark, something to go our way (we've hit wood in the last three and yesterday's penalty was soft and fairly similar to a collision the other way in the second half not given - Tuesday night we had the Lewis thing - then there was the Hedges news - suffice to say we maybe need a lucky break in our favour and hopefully things start going the right away again).

When confidence is low, players go into their shells, don't try things - McInnes has a lot to do to get it going again, but that's a much needed game for Hornby and McGeouch - with other striking options to follow.  Getting more out of the wide players and securing the defence a bit, could maybe be achieved by changing things around formation wise.  

Do we really need the upheavel of a managerial change right now? - I suspect we'd end up with some disillusioned key players and it goes from bad to worse rapidly.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

“Keyboard warriors” = anyone with an Internet connection who has a different view to me on Derek McInnes. 

Got it in one. And if you think about it carefully, I’m hardly going to be talking about people with an internet connection that have the same view as me.

Edited by kingjoey

55 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Would make sense in getting rid of him after the players giving him 2 weak, gutless, spineless performances. He has nothing left to change things up.

Have to agree - he looks a beaten man. If it’s not tomorrow or this week it’ll be soon.

A lot of revisionism of history going on on Twitter tonight. He’s been a good manager, if slightly limited, manager for us and deserves respect.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Have to agree - he looks a beaten man. If it’s not tomorrow or this week it’ll be soon.

A lot of revisionism of history going on on Twitter tonight. He’s been a good manager, if slightly limited, manager for us and deserves respect.

True on all counts.

He's been the best manager at the club in the last 30 years, and a good record would (should) have been a great record with a couple of Scottish cups and pushing Celtic closer in 2015-2016.

Some of this 'hvn qkunt' stuff on social media only proves that our support is full of utter dicks.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

True on all counts.

He's been the best manager at the club in the last 30 years, and a good record would (should) have been a great record with a couple of Scottish cups and pushing Celtic closer in 2015-2016.

Some of this 'hvn qkunt' stuff on social media only proves that our support is full of utter dicks.

It's quite an interesting insight into people. I don't know if concocting a story that he's a total fraud stealing a wage just makes them feel better about hounding a man out of employment? Not as fun if you acknowledge him as someone who's dedicated 8 years of his life to the club, with a good deal of success.

I keep thinking about who would be an adequate replacement and I keep coming back to the 2013/14 Derek Mcinnes to be honest.

The Northern Light on FB has been an enlightening social experiment - an absolute cesspit at times truth be told.

I daren't even sign up for twitter.  The old forums, including this one (but not the Hat), seem to be far more measured..................

On the 'hvn qkvnt' stuff, he went out of the way before Saturday's game to say despite not having been brought up a red, he now loves the club more than any supporter. A bit misguided maybe (once met that postie guy who'd only ever missed Dinamo Tirana away in 50 years) - but the sentiment was there.

Edited by tarapoa

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's quite an interesting insight into people. I don't know if concocting a story that he's a total fraud stealing a wage just makes them feel better about hounding a man out of employment? Not as fun if you acknowledge him as someone who's dedicated 8 years of his life to the club, with a good deal of success.

I keep thinking about who would be an adequate replacement and I keep coming back to the 2013/14 Derek Mcinnes to be honest.

I'm inclined to agree to an extent but I'd also be looking at cv's of managers with experience of winning ties in europe which might not necessarily be a young manager.

The Northern Light on FB has been an enlightening social experiment - an absolute cesspit at times truth be told.
I daren't even sign up for twitter.  The old forums, including this one (but not the Hat), seem to be far more measured..................
On the 'hvn qkvnt' stuff, he went out of the way before Saturday's game to say despite not having been brought up a red, he now loves the club more than any supporter. A bit misguided maybe (once met that postie guy who'd only ever missed Dinamo Tirana away in 50 years) - but the sentiment was there.

Derek’s a diehard now, not missed a game in nearly 8 years. Home and away, league, cup, Europe, friendlies, the lot!

Realistically can’t see third being achieved now.

I thought Hibs were superior in each department, without having to be amazing.

Attack with pace, more creative, and better defensively. Remember their main man upfront was on the bench due to transfer speculation. 
Boyle was probably the best player on the pitch.

Will take a decent turnaround to achieve fourth unless Livi run out of gas badly.

Looks like it’s McInnes who’s going to have to get it going again, has somebody been making up lies yesterday about him being away?

I'm strangely fully behind McInnes and the team to prove everyone wrong.

I have an odd feeling the Hibs result was a sliver lining and a catalyst to us getting back onto a winning run starting this weekend.

Beat Hibs (remember we'll be at home when we play them again) in the top 6 split, let them Hibs it for the remainder of the season and we start winning our remaining games beginning this weekend. We can finish 3rd.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let's not paint managing a football club on handsome wages as some sort of charitable deed please. :lol:

I'm strangely fully behind McInnes and the team to prove everyone wrong.
I have an odd feeling the Hibs result was a sliver lining and a catalyst to us getting back onto a winning run starting this weekend.
Beat Hibs (remember we'll be at home when we play them again) in the top 6 split, let them Hibs it for the remainder of the season and we start winning our remaining games beginning this weekend. We can finish 3rd.

Should a 1-4 defeat in Dingwall not have been the catalyst.

This team is sinking. Fast. McInnes does not have any answers anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You are right, but it's an odd interpretation of my post.

I would "dedicate eight years of my life", as you so generously put it, to the fucking UVF if they paid me the sort of money McInnes is rumoured to be on.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Who would have done better (coming in in 2013) and will his successor(s) chisel out a Scottish Cup win?

(Unanswerable questions, I know.)

20 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I would "dedicate eight years of my life", as you so generously put it, to the fucking UVF if they paid me the sort of money McInnes is rumoured to be on.

PM me your CV, I'll see what I can do.