The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think it's fairly clear what I'm stating. Your fans could easily regret hounding McInnes out if your next manager makes a c**t of you Mark McGhee style. And I'd say that's more likely to happen than someone to do better than McInnes.

Fair enough - I could easily be completely wrong and you appoint someone that has you finishing 3rd most seasons and able to get the odd shock against Celtic or Rangers in the cups. That's not a million miles from what you've already got though and it could easily go the other way.

🤣🤣

Total nonsense.

I was not a fan of McGhee at all but he inherited a shite heap created by Jimmy Calderwood and had the massive massively reduced. It was absolutely Calderwoods time to go. It was a shite appointment which followed and was based on sentiment alone.

Is it ok in any other industry than football to put up with an under performing management team because "well the next team could be worse"? The man is paid somewhere in the region between £500k - £800k for fucks sake.

8 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Don't think the two make a correlation, he also inherited a pretty good team from Craig Brown - here's the team from his last game:

1590870272_Screenshot2021-02-06at20_12.28-1.thumb.png.efa1f344767a2dc9e687f7ba09eb82be.png

McInnes' signings, by and large, have been average to woeful. He's had a massive budget, a massive pay packet, and he's fucked it, frankly.

And he's too arrogant and classless of a chancer to recognise it and stand down.

Nah, he didn't inherit a good team. He inherited a couple of good players. His recruitment has gotten worse as the years have went on.

EDIT: A couple was harsh. Of the team he inheritedJack, Anderson, McGinn, Hayes and Reynolds were good. Vernon was ok. Shaughnessy wasn't enar to where he is yet.

Edited by Merkland Red

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣

Total nonsense.

I was not a fan of McGhee at all but he inherited a shite heap created by Jimmy Calderwood and had the massive massively reduced. It was absolutely Calderwoods time to go. It was a shite appointment which followed and was based on sentiment alone.

Is it ok in any other industry than football to put up with an under performing management team because "well the next team could be worse"? The man is paid somewhere in the region between £500k - £800k for fucks sake.

Nah, he didn't inherit a good team. He inherited a couple of good players. His recruitment has gotten worse as the years have went on.

Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So you're saying "Be careful what you wish for because you are muddling along"

What?

He's saying things could get a lot worse if you don't hire the right guy.

It's pretty simple, even you should be able to get it.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Again, this might be true. And again, it's zero reason not to get rid of a manager who shouldn't be there anymore. It's a coward's way out of making the decision.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yes. It's a pretty simple concept.

Things could also get worse if we don't sack him. 

Things could also get better if we do.

One thing that's for certain is it's been an obvious downwards trend for several years now.

Edited by Merkland Red

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

EDIT: A couple was harsh. Of the team he inheritedJack, Anderson, McGinn, Hayes and Reynolds were good. Vernon was ok. Shaughnessy wasn't enar to where he is yet.

I said "pretty good" and I stick by it, with your edit you've probably seen the light and now agree with me.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

Again, this might be true. And again, it's zero reason not to get rid of a manager who shouldn't be there anymore. It's a coward's way out of making the decision.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Yes. It's a pretty simple concept.

Things could also get worse if we don't sack him. 

Things could also get better if we do.

One thing that's for certain is it's been an obvious downwards trend for several years now.

Nobody's saying it's not the right decision. Clearly Deek has taken you as far as he ever will, and it's now very repetitive and boring/frustrating. But the fact is that he gets you into Europe every season, and his record against non-OF teams speaks for itself. I wonder if Hearts for example would swap their volatility with a similar budget for that kind of stability. I just think that stability should be appreciated more, though the clear staleness and lack of improvement makes it a fair decision to make. Will be interesting if Aberdeen start struggling for top 6 in the coming years, or if they'll do better than where they are now.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nobody's saying it's not the right decision. Clearly Deek has taken you as far as he ever will, and it's now very repetitive and boring/frustrating. But the fact is that he gets you into Europe every season, and his record against non-OF teams speaks for itself. I wonder if Hearts for example would swap their volatility with a similar budget for that kind of stability. I just think that stability should be appreciated more, though the clear staleness and lack of improvement makes it a fair decision to make. Will be interesting if Aberdeen start struggling for top 6 in the coming years, or if they'll do better than where they are now.

If the next person struggles with the budget and facilities we have then they should be moved on too.

Every single player in our squad is a Derek McInnes signing. Whether he has extended their contract, signed them to the club for a second time or they were a new signing altogether. He's been here almost 8 years. It's clear things aren't going to get any better. As harsh as it sounds. He was the right man at the right time but that time has now passed. Some would argue it was time a couple of years ago. That's too harsh IMO.

There's a bipolar attitude towards McInnes from rival supporters on P&B. Lose to the OF and it's "you've shit the bed. McInnes is shite" etc. Talk of him leaving is always responded to with "be careful what you wish for. Remember McGhee etc".

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I said "pretty good" and I stick by it, with your edit you've probably seen the light and now agree with me.

He still had a fair overhaul in the first few years. He has to be given credit for that.

The first man with the balls to bin Clangers too.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He still had a fair overhaul in the first few years. He has to be given credit for that.

He also successfully replaced key players over and over without dropping placings in the league etc (until recently)

10 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He also successfully replaced key players over and over without dropping placings in the league etc (until recently)

I think that's fair.

He should have been a bit more creative with his signings once it got to the stage where he couldn't replace some of them. Rather than going like for like try and evolve your style or change your philosophy. Unfortunately that's how you end up with your Curtis Mains and Craig Brysons.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McGhee and Brown both tried their best to replace him but neither succeeded. It does seem as if Leighton was an issue in that situation

In all seriousness.

In a season were Celtic have blown 10 in a row are playing as bad as they have in 10 years, have a manager who has lost the plot and have shat the bed like it's never been shat before Aberdeen should be finishing 2nd.  instead they'll be releived that Livingston got beat today. And they aren't (yet) staring down the barrel of finishing 5th (yet).

McInnes should be doing better.

The man has had 8yrs of press arselicking. 

They are happy with his "3rd is good enough" defeatist negative attitude, it keeps those two in the top positions. 

He speils his shite that they absolutely lap up, now that English has broken ranks they are now starting to question him,  yet two weeks ago wouldnt, 

What has changed, by Richard Gordon and English statements suggests that they have been tipped off

12 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The man has had 8yrs of press arselicking. 

They are happy with his "3rd is good enough" defeatist negative attitude, it keeps those two in the top positions. 

Always find this take a bit wild, tbh.

If Aberdeen fans aren't going to be happy until they're challenging for the title every single season, then I guess they'll have a miserable existence. 

You've got decades of catching up to do.

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

In all seriousness.

In a season were Celtic have blown 10 in a row are playing as bad as they have in 10 years, have a manager who has lost the plot and have shat the bed like it's never been shat before Aberdeen should be finishing 2nd.  instead they'll be releived that Livingston got beat today. And they aren't (yet) staring down the barrel of finishing 5th (yet).

McInnes should be doing better.

I see I’ve reached the ‘nodding sagely and agreeing with Romeo’ stage of the pandemic 

Take me, COVID 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always find this take a bit wild, tbh.

If Aberdeen fans aren't going to be happy until they're challenging for the title every single season, then I guess they'll have a miserable existence. 

You've got decades of catching up to do.

No the diela celtic and lennon side this year were up for taking on  but mcinnes did his usual and shat it. 

Look he is pissed off now at rightly being held to account,  he's not slow at giving the press what they want to hear when it suits him, 

He can't have it both ways, 

I really hope the final nail has been hammered in his coffin