The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Hes nailed pretty much every transfer in Scotland this window.

Hes tapped every phone in the country IMO.

I've said the same for ages, but then he doubted we'd bring in anyone the day before McMullan came in on loan, and we're not even talking about Cummings.

Very much saddened by the lack of Ogkmpoe. But still hopeful that we will get to see him in a Dons shirt in the not too distant future. 

In the words of the late Senator Ted Kennedy: 'The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die'. 

40 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Have to hold my hands up and admit I was wetting the bed until the Kamberi news today.

On paper a fantastic window.

Likewise - I kinda assumed it would be Hornby, some youth from england, main and anderson which was putting an awful lot of pressure on hornby working out.

Kamberi, Hornby, Hendry and Ruth is excellent in comparison.

17 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I think you're going to be massively disappointed.

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah, don’t spend your day refreshing twitter, bbc sport etc. 

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

£350k on  Allan Campbell, £200k on Declan Gallagher, £500k on Marley Watkins, Stephen O'Donnell on a free, and a final £500k on Stuart Findlay.

Hope you're excited.

Sorry what was that you guys said? I can't hear you with the sound of the revolving door and all these quality players entering and imposters leaving.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry what was that you guys said? I can't hear you with the sound of the revolving door and all these quality players entering and imposters leaving.

:lol: fair play. Although I’ll be honest, I had long since gone to bed when you posted this. 

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Apologies I'm just replying now, I was in bed because I'm an adult. 😉

Fair play though, the club have been a lot more proactive than usual. I'm at the very least not disappointed, we'll have to wait and see how good our new strikeforce is.

Particularly pleased to see we off-loaded that rat 2.0 fucker. From the wording on the AFC site it does indeed imply that Rangers have paid us a fee on top of wiping the McCrorie fee, which seems a lot more likely given the amount we (probably) would have received in compensation. Overall we have made a good deal of money and (on paper) appear to have strengthened. Can't complain, for a change.

Would be nice to see a few pre-contracts getting signed over the coming weeks. As @highland_mechanic pointed out, we're light on defenders for next season, so a great chance to revitalise the defence ahead of our Champions League campaign.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Derek's best January transfer window yet. 

Quite remarkable to have cut the wage bill and still strengthen the squad. 

Fair play the board and all those involved in getting these deals done. 

It is good to see a lot of Aberdeen fans positive after quite a few months of negativity.

Half glass full time with me: all 3 strikers haven't scored a league goal this season (Hendry scored 2 league cup goals). 

If Soccerbase is correct then Hornby hasn't played since September and Kamberi since December so both of them won't be up to to match speed. Hendry been on the bench a lot recently as well so won't be up to match speed either.

On paper all 3 players look improvement on Main, Anderson, Cosgrove. Edmondson looked a good loan signing at the start of the season but was poor when he played although to be fair he is only 19.

Edited by betting competition

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Small and petty though it is I noticed the club so far at least hasn’t wished Scott Wright well for the future etc or any kind of pleasantries that you normally get. 

Even Main got that much.

Absolutely the kind of pettiness we can all get behind 

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It is good to see a lot of Aberdeen fans positive after quite a few months of negativity.

Come on now, the 0-0 draw in store tonight will bring them back down to earth.

I do my best to remain positive but the strike force of 2 days ago was definitely beginning to wear me down. As I've said a few times I really don't think we're far off being a good side but the front line was a millstone round the neck. I was absolutely fuming on Saturday but I think it's just cumulative frustration of seeing so many component parts functioning except a pretty key one.

Feeling good about things today I must admit.