The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

English football is hilarious. 

He's no fucking clue who Cosgrove is and doesnt give a f**k because if he's not sacked this season then he'll be sacked next season. 

I'm probably, just about, a McInnes out man now but even if we sign our 28th choice to replace Cosgrove on Monday id guarantee our club know more about the player than Birmingham know about Cosgrove, who they've just paid £2M for.

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I take it that you think that we’ve got a good deal then?

Absolutely.

Frustrating game today - which I watched most of.

The first half was enjoyable - finishing aside - and the second half was utterly abysmal.

You must be fuming.

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Probably our 2 most important games of the season in the next 7 days and we've us much chance of scoring as The Kincardine has of making a post that isnae absolute rancid shite.

I missed this wee gem earlier.  It certainly puts Denis Healey's 'savaged by a dead sheep' remark in to context...

10 hours ago, starryfish said:

Birmingham manager Karanka with some interesting thoughts on Cosgrove:

He told the Birmingham Mail: “The club is working on it. We can finish as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow to not be in a rush on Monday.

“He is big, he is powerful, he has something that sometimes we are missing, that power to hold the ball, to go into space, to head to the corners and the set-pieces. He is good with the ball to link with the No. 10 if we play with a No. 10.

“Sometimes I have seen him play as a winger so we could play him on the wing, I am really pleased with him here if everything ends tomorrow.

“He can be a younger version of Jukey (Lukas Jutkiewicz), he is maybe taller than Jukey, he is a good player, a good kid, a good character. Someone who is going to give us a lot of things.

Wow!

I notice the  Birmingham manager doesn’t mention any names in the quotes. Has this been copied from a previous interview regarding a different player?

Hornby won't join us. 

Loan fee and % of wages needed. We've got no cash. 

Injured for three weeks too. 

Ultimately, I'd rather go with what we've got. McLennan and Anderson both showed yesterday that they're far more mobile than Cosgrove. Great positioning from them both for their headers. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour

49 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Hornby won't join us. 

Ultimately, I'd rather go with what we've got. McLennan and Anderson both showed yesterday that they're far more mobile than Cosgrove. Great positioning from them both for their headers. 

We cant go with what we have. We need something extra up front, ideally two players. 

Hornby won't join us. 

Aye, that was great positioning from Anderson when he failed to hit the target from 10 yards with the goal gaping with two minutes to go

3 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Aye, that was great positioning from Anderson when he failed to hit the target from 10 yards with the goal gaping with two minutes to go

Sliding doors moment for Anderson then. It was a tough chance though

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely.

Frustrating game today - which I watched most of.

The first half was enjoyable - finishing aside - and the second half was utterly abysmal.

You must be fuming.

Frustrated. Unbelievable finishing, but that’s what’s been happening for weeks now. Chances created but not taken.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Controversial, positive comments coming up ;

There were elements of our play yesterday that weren't too bad at all. Box to box, a lot of our movement was really good, sharp passing, pulling Livi's defence around. 

I watched Livi against both sides of the OF and we caused them more problems than both Celtic and Rangers.....up to the edge of the box. Then it all broke down. 

Our defence was also...once again...very solid.

If we could get that sharpness back up front, we'll start winning games again. It's really all that's missing. 

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Hornby won't join us. 

Go with what we’ve got and we’ll scramble 6th place

Anderson miss was a shocker. As was Hayes. McLennan less so but a Rooney or a Griffiths puts away all 3

28 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Controversial, positive comments coming up ;

There were elements of our play yesterday that weren't too bad at all. Box to box, a lot of our movement was really good, sharp passing, pulling Livi's defence around. 

I watched Livi against both sides of the OF and we caused them more problems than both Celtic and Rangers.....up to the edge of the box. Then it all broke down. 

Our defence was also...once again...very solid.

If we could get that sharpness back up front, we'll start winning games again. It's really all that's missing. 

I wouldn't say that's controversial, it's bang on.