The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How has he managed 10 goals in 16 games for the under 21s?

6 of them came against San Marino and Andorra.

1. I’d be delighted if we found another Derek McKay just for the end of this season

2. Really I want a new Joe Harper, poacher and sometimes the ball just bounced off him and went in

3. A modern Drew Jarvie would be an an amazing find

4. I’ll settle for goals from anyone, even if we play Lewis up front!

37 minutes ago, Jute said:

Hornby has looked decent for U21s in the games I have been to. Holds the ball up well and decent touch. Only draw back is he rarely looks like scoring.

Isn’t he the under 21s record goal scorer? Might have padded the numbers against diddies to be fair?

6 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

1. I’d be delighted if we found another Derek McKay just for the end of this season

2. Really I want a new Joe Harper, poacher and sometimes the ball just bounced off him and went in

3. A modern Drew Jarvie would be an an amazing find

4. I’ll settle for goals from anyone, even if we play Lewis up front!

Derek?

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm almost wishing they'd call the season and put us out of our misery.

I'm getting that way myself.

I've never been one of these McInnes out fannies, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that he is totally out of ideas.

It really isn’t a surprise we are struggling to score in an increasing amount of games. Apart from the fact we don’t have a striker, we are seriously lacking urgency in most games these days. I knew today would be no different as soon as I saw Joe Lewis slowing the game down from the first minute before eventually punting it long. The opposite of how to break down teams happy with 0-0.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Grim.

Screenshot_20210130-150009.png

Survival of the club is the most important thing. Even with the 5.3 million I bet the club will make losses this season (payments will be structured from both Notts Forrest and Birmingham)

If no crowds next season then sell Ferguson?  Next season we may have to rely on kids. It is a grim situation but we are not the only club in this position.

I'm hating the negativity from fans at the moment. Maybe it me trying to be positive for my own mental health during this tough times.

Edited by betting competition

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m incredibly annoyed so probably not a time to give a detailed opinion. However, I would maintain we’re really not that bad, we are just missing one very crucial, important, some would say essential factor in Winning football matches. 

We obviously lack a goalscorer but the managers comments today don't fill me with hope of getting one in either.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m incredibly annoyed so probably not a time to give a detailed opinion. However, I would maintain we’re really not that bad, we are just missing one very crucial, important, some would say essential factor in Winning football matches. 

I really hope we have a plan in place for a decent striker. I think Hornby on loan would be a good fit. He will know our under 21 players. I am increasingly  worried we are going to end up with a Danny Ward type situation derailing what's left of the season.

36 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We obviously lack a goalscorer but the managers comments today don't fill me with hope of getting one in either.

I probably will get a bit of perspective again tomorrow on where we are as a club at this present moment. We won’t be bringing in a striker that is the silver bullet to our problems, I can say that for almost certain. 

we’re in a bad financial state just now so time to dig in. As I say I don’t think We’re horrendous by any stretch.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I probably will get a bit of perspective again tomorrow on where we are as a club at this present moment. We won’t be bringing in a striker that is the silver bullet to our problems, I can say that for almost certain. 

we’re in a bad financial state just now so time to dig in. As I say I don’t think We’re horrendous by any stretch.

Every time there is the making of something good, it falls apart. We've been very unlucky.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Probably our 2 most important games of the season in the next 7 days and we've us much chance of scoring as The Kincardine has of making a post that isnae absolute rancid shite.

It will be criminal (copyright P&B) if we don't bring in at least one striker before Monday.

Should have won that today but we didn't.

I too am not particularly happy with what we are having to watch but a sense of perspective is required. Yes I know I have called for McInnes oto go before on here but he won't be going anywhere so forget that.

We are still 3rd (although we have blown a wonderful opportunity to finish 2nd). It could get worse and I think we may well finish 4th but I will wait and see who we bring in by Monday night before having a meltdown.

It's really frustrating we are not consolidating third or challenging second. Weve wasted hat fulls of opportunities (today not being the worst but dont let that get in the way of a rant).

A striker who is capable will give everyone a lift

Birmingham manager Karanka with some interesting thoughts on Cosgrove:

He told the Birmingham Mail: “The club is working on it. We can finish as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow to not be in a rush on Monday.

“He is big, he is powerful, he has something that sometimes we are missing, that power to hold the ball, to go into space, to head to the corners and the set-pieces. He is good with the ball to link with the No. 10 if we play with a No. 10.

“Sometimes I have seen him play as a winger so we could play him on the wing, I am really pleased with him here if everything ends tomorrow.

“He can be a younger version of Jukey (Lukas Jutkiewicz), he is maybe taller than Jukey, he is a good player, a good kid, a good character. Someone who is going to give us a lot of things.