The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

35 minutes ago, red23 said:

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat"  which is full of bitter people.

The attention seeking comments on there in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

Why talk down/devalue a player of ours just to look like a plastic hard man online. Totally dismissing the contribution he made with 20+ goals the past 2 seasons.

Same bunch of people who said McKenna was useless - Nottingham forum suggests otherwise with them saying he's easily a premiership class player.

If you asked the question of AFC chat and twitter I'd imagine most would like the Cosgrove cash to be used on McInnes' compo.

20 minutes ago, d31 said:

I never said McKenna was useless.

I do say Cosgrove is useless. Since the Dubai trip, in the calendar years 2020 and 2021 he's scored one goal from open play.

He needs to go

Undoubtedly not great compared to his previous run of form.

But with Covid and his injuries Cosgrove has played in 16 games in 2020/21 and has only started 9 of those. He's scored 3 from those 9. 1 Penalty / 1 Free kick and the great finish against Hibs.

I agree with the previous poster who says the Aberdeen fans wanting to slag off Cosgrove's contribution to Aberdeen over 2 seasons are a bit pathetic, same when stats are used out of context to make him look worse.

It's a good deal all round at this time as I do think Cosgrove's head hasn't been in it recently but he was a great signing both for his scoring record and the massive profit we make on him.

49 minutes ago, red23 said:

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat"  which is full of bitter people.

The attention seeking comments on there in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

Why talk down/devalue a player of ours just to look like a plastic hard man online. Totally dismissing the contribution he made with 20+ goals the past 2 seasons.

Same bunch of people who said McKenna was useless - Nottingham forum suggests otherwise with them saying he's easily a premiership class player.

It's like going to Pittodrie on match day.

I sit in the main stand and all you hear is "Get that Cosgrove off he's murder" or "do you not know what a footballer is McInnes" etc etc.

Our fans are really bad for supporting the team at home. 

I'm amazed Birmingham are paying £2 million for Cosgrove as he isn't worth that in my opinion but those on afc chat thinking he's total garbage are wrong. He isn't the best striker we have had but he's been miles more effective than most of the strikers McInnes has brought in.

1 hour ago, Wool_Tang_Clan said:

Sky Sports twitter has him on the way down to Birmingham for a medical today. Whether that's a reliable source or not is questionable.

Should probably start with Anderson, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the tombola starts Hayes or Hedges as striker

McInnes said in the Press Conference today that he trained with us today. 

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I still can't believe that we've never played McGinn up top since he scored 20 in a season. He might be nearing the end of his career, but he knows where the goal is and would likely offer more than Anderson/Main. 

I agree with this but to be fair he has also been one of the best wingers in the league over the past 5 years or so. 

He is probably the best finisher at the club so I would be happy if he's played upfront the rest of the season

19 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I sit in the main stand and all you hear is "Get that Cosgrove off he's murder" or "do you not know what a footballer is McInnes" etc etc.

Our fans are really bad for supporting the team at home. 

I'm amazed Birmingham are paying £2 million for Cosgrove as he isn't worth that in my opinion but those on afc chat thinking he's total garbage are wrong. He isn't the best striker we have had but he's been miles more effective than most of the strikers McInnes has brought in.

It's why i stopped going tbh, expecting a team full of Ronaldos all signed within our budget.

Edited by red23

4 hours ago, TheGreatBorderCity said:

Despite what McInnes has said previously, Carlisle United are due a % of any Cosgrove transfer fee.

It’s thought to be in the region of 20/25%.

TGBC

I've heard 40% and similar for future sell-on monies Aberdeen get themselves

34 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Fair play to you for tolerating the Main Stand