The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

But apparently Birmingham have also bid 2 million for Nisbet too? Doubt both are true, if either. It is Scott Burns though whose stuff is generally quite reliable.

The record was also claiming we turned down a bid of around the same fee from Millwall earlier so f**k knows.

In the words of Steve Miller

"Take the money and run"

Thanks for the fifty odd goals Sam

Best thing for both parties

Given that Cosgrove has been shit and looked totally disinterested this season, how any club would give us £2m for him beggars belief. If this is true we have to accept, no question. If anyone from Birmingham City is reading this, I’m only joking.

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

Hate to be negative but I don't rated Connor McLennan that highly apart from a few games. He is still only 21 and I hope he develops into a good player for us. 

More consistent end product than Wright at 21 and doesn't seem to be made from balsa wood. Does have that habit of forgetting where the ball is when dribbling mind...

Just now, betting competition said:

So the SFA have confirmed that the Scottish Cup or 3rd place will qualify for group stages for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55845458

If we do get money for Cosgrove I do hope the board will reinvest in the squad.

Hopefully, but it hasn't escaped my attention that it's the 29th January. So unless we have contingencies lined up for Sam leaving it could be difficult. My enthusiasm for Ross Stewart has waned too.

14 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

From Livingston. 

Righto. 

I totally understand why you aren't getting the Dons fans stance on the Rangers thing. I don't think someone like yourself ever will. 

And, if fans are so accepting of these players, as they do well for the club in general, what would said players think when fans are banned from European matches for singing songs about killing catholic's? 

Bit of an odd one. "Nobody cares Morelos is Catholic" but in a match he played in, Rangers fans were handed a partial stadium ban for sectarian singing. 

Please, don't come away with "a few mindless idiots." We've all been to Ibrox, it's just about everyone in the stadium, it's certainly everyone in the away end at Pittodrie. 

Do you, as a supporter, when you attend matches (if you do) call out any sectarian, racist or bigoted shite you hear? Or are you drowned out by the enormity of folk singing it? 

You’ve changed the goalposts of your argument so many times. I’ve gave you my opinion on the Scott Wright debate but I’m certainly not going down this rabbit hole any longer.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

No, you failed to understand why Aberdeen fans are so bitter about his move. 

Here's the reasons; 

Hes a local boy who said he was a fan. 

Rangers are an institution worthy of contempt. 

If you really open your eyes, you'll see the tree I'm barking up. 

I didn’t fail to understand anything, I just have a different opinion from you. I’ve told you numerous times that I appreciate why Aberdeen fans hate Wright now, that’s not the issue.

I only disagreed with the suggestion that Aberdeen fans would flat out refuse to join Rangers if they were professional footballers just because they are Aberdeen fans. You disagree, fair enough, we move on. I’m no wasting any more time going round in circles.