The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

39 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Haha. I thought about that after he posted it. He offers nothing, but he's not at Dave Bus levels of shiteness, I suppose. 

Dave Bus. Wow. Id forgotten him.

Im sure he played against Celtic once? He was literally all over the pitch positioning wise . Looked amateur 

14 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Dave Bus. Wow. Id forgotten him.

Im sure he played against Celtic once? He was literally all over the pitch positioning wise . Looked amateur 

memories of his own goal and one of the worst performance I've seen from a defender - subbed at half time

Edited by betting competition

9 minutes ago, betting competition said:

memories of his own goal and one of the worst performance I've seen from a defender - subbed at half time

Haha i remember that now. God he was shite. Scott Calderwood scouting.

A great match. Definitely not indicative of 90 per cent of matches under Calderwood. 

Edited by afc_blockhead

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Ethan Ross recalled apparently. Wonder if that's a sign Wright's away.

He seems to have been replaced in the Raith team by Kai Kennedy, despite (according to Raith fans) being excellent all season so far. Club probably not too happy about that.

10 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

He seems to have been replaced in the Raith team by Kai Kennedy, despite (according to Raith fans) being excellent all season so far. Club probably not too happy about that.

Yeah,  very true. Can he play for anyone else this season? Not sure I could see him being loaned out again but you never know.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Yeah,  very true. Can he play for anyone else this season? Not sure I could see him being loaned out again but you never know.

I'm not sure whether the rules are different with respect to loans, but players can play for 3 teams in a season now I believe. Can't think of a reason why that would be different for loanees.

Personally I'd bring him back, get him on a long term deal, and get him in the squad.

43 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I was at this game and remember only finding out after full-time that Inverness had played the entirety of the second half with ten men. 

But apparently Birmingham have also bid 2 million for Nisbet too? Doubt both are true, if either. It is Scott Burns though whose stuff is generally quite reliable.

The record was also claiming we turned down a bid of around the same fee from Millwall earlier so f**k knows.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I'm not sure whether the rules are different with respect to loans, but players can play for 3 teams in a season now I believe. Can't think of a reason why that would be different for loanees.

Personally I'd bring him back, get him on a long term deal, and get him in the squad.

If he’s only going to get a couple of 5 min sub appearances then I’d rather he stayed out on loan and played 90 minutes most weeks. I do worry that some players development (a prime example being Campbell) has been stunted by not going out on loan, instead just getting sporadic appearances or coming on off the bench.

How much was the fee we’d accepted from the French club for Cosgrove? £2.3m or something around there?

1 minute ago, AngusTheBull said:

If he’s only going to get a couple of 5 min sub appearances then I’d rather he stayed out on loan and played 90 minutes most weeks. I do worry that some players development (a prime example being Campbell) has been stunted by not going out on loan, instead just getting sporadic appearances or coming on off the bench.

How much was the fee we’d accepted from the French club for Cosgrove? £2.3m or something around there?

I'd like to see him dropped in to the first 11 tbh. He's at a good age for a sink-or-swim test.

I believe it was €3m which is around £2.7m