The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The state of the **** in the comments.

There's a reason they're after Scott Wright.

Hope some of them from here don't see it going by how not fussed about us they repeatedly assure us they are.

Edited by Rodhull

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Not surprised given the talk in recent weeks. Only surprised that there's only been talk of us and Kilmarnock looking to do it so far. Would imagine a lot of clubs will likely have to.

I would fully expect all the clubs to be looking into this. Just we are being open and transparent about it where as others will not be.

11 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Why do you, as a Rangers fan, think your club is universally detested by non Rangers fans up and down the country? 

Scott Wright is a supposed Aberdeen fan, a North East loon moving to Rangers. It's sickening. It's only something someone who has an involvement in their local club would understand, which is why you'll see guys like Jamie Masson on Twitter, a *** from Fraserburgh, struggling to comprehend why it would anger people. 

When I was a kid, I hated Rangers and Celtic and Dundee United and Hearts and Hibs etc cause they were our rivals and that was it, you don't think about it as a kid, it just is what it is. 

As an adult, the only true hatred that has lasted, is the one for Rangers. I don't like Celtic, but it's something different with Rangers. Everything they stand for, their fans, the entitlement, the Orange kits, the fucking buffoonery that seems to accompany supporting them, they truly are a negative influence within Scottish society. The servitude to the monarchy, the far right political element within the support, the classless statements, all of it. 

The obsession with utilising child sexual abuse to one up their rivals, when the EXACT same thing went on at their club. 

It's not just a football club, it's an institution that has no place in modern society. 

Amen to that, their fans spout  nonsense about how we're not their rivals on the pitch but it's about so much more than that anyway.

The win at all costs, mob rule, bullying attitude, a club that, for the majority of the supporters, represents their deep seated bigoted hatred of another. 

Yet even that is just a facade as the duopoly prostitutes themselves in an attempt to attract people away from their local clubs with the carrot of tainted trophies bought with the crumpled filthy notes that they've squeezed from their moronic hordes, who gladly top up the coffers to show how 'loyal' they are to Queen and club with season ticket sales and an oversized rag of red, white and blue. 

Oldco and the phoenix are just a scam, a Ponzi scheme for Protestant bigots. A indoctrinated, brainwashed mass that tie their own ribbons to the corrupt institution and hope that the 'success' of beating teams with scant resources in comparison will rub off into their own pishy feral existences. 

And we've still won more European trophies than them. Not bad for a "Diddy" club eh? 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

19 minutes ago, GreenDay said:

Think you might need to hold Hibs beer on that one m9

It's going to go down to the last day between all three clubs involved. We've got a really difficult set of fixtures before the split. Our next 6 games are Livi twice, Hibs, St Mirren and Celtic twice. Our home form is what has saved us this season, we've only got 4 home games left I think out of 9 fixtures. 

I don't think Hibs have to play either the top two now until the split. 

It's a race to see who can get closest to 20 wins. Whoever does, gets 3rd. 

20 hours ago, Stormzy said:

He went to Everton when we went to were admitted to the 3rd Division of Scottish football... 

Yeah, some fans really hate the guy, where are you going with this?

FTFY, loon.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Really difficult to find any positives within the club at the moment. 

As people have said, we're definitely sleepwalking our way to 5th. Missing out on Europe would be financially disastrous for the club. 

Really worried about where we are going. 

I wouldn't say I'm really worried.

I'm concerned that we're heading into the second half of the season with a pretty blunt attack. I still maintain that back to middle we're generally fine and would say we're comfortably the 3rd best team in the country in that area.

However, our front line is verging on bottom 6 material just now with Cosgrove's form. It's causing us to drop too many points and much like last season we really could and should have Hibs out of sight but we've sucked into a battle. The manager and players just need to suck it up and be ready for that battle.

We ain't signing anyone so between now and May it's about a) managing the club through the financial crisis b) stringing together enough results to land third. These are not unrealistic goals and I'm optimistic we'll get there but it's a test the manager needs to step up to.

ETA - added bolded bit above

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Really difficult to find any positives within the club at the moment. 

As people have said, we're definitely sleepwalking our way to 5th. Missing out on Europe would be financially disastrous for the club. 

Really worried about where we are going. 

I think there was positives with regards the display against Motherwell on Saturday. However, the Livingston games are huge. Two wins and I think we'll seal Top 4 and Europe. Two defeats and we could be in a spot of bother. Although, I think there will be one or maybe both draws. 

We need to try something else up front. In my opinion, forget the physicality and try McGinn with Anderson and give them two or three games to gel. It can't be any worse than the forward line for the last couple of months. We seem to be waiting for Cosgrove to find form. I think this should only be with cameos from the bench at the moment. His confidence is shot or he's lost interest and wants out. 

Why do you, as a Rangers fan, think your club is universally detested by non Rangers fans up and down the country? 

Scott Wright is a supposed Aberdeen fan, a North East loon moving to Rangers. It's sickening. It's only something someone who has an involvement in their local club would understand, which is why you'll see guys like Jamie Masson on Twitter, a *** from Fraserburgh, struggling to comprehend why it would anger people. 

When I was a kid, I hated Rangers and Celtic and Dundee United and Hearts and Hibs etc cause they were our rivals and that was it, you don't think about it as a kid, it just is what it is. 

As an adult, the only true hatred that has lasted, is the one for Rangers. I don't like Celtic, but it's something different with Rangers. Everything they stand for, their fans, the entitlement, the Orange kits, the fucking buffoonery that seems to accompany supporting them, they truly are a negative influence within Scottish society. The servitude to the monarchy, the far right political element within the support, the classless statements, all of it. 

The obsession with utilising child sexual abuse to one up their rivals, when the EXACT same thing went on at their club. 

It's not just a football club, it's an institution that has no place in modern society. 

Wow

I also hate rangers and celtic, however, if i was a footballer for a scottish team and they came in and offered me a contract for more money then of course I am accepting. Any normal sane person would do the same. Jonny hayes did the same.

It is the same in normal working life. A company, who you dont really like, offers you a job at three times your current salary. Again, any normal person is going to accept this.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Wow

I also hate rangers and celtic, however, if i was a footballer for a scottish team and they came in and offered me a contract for more money then of course I am accepting. Any normal sane person would do the same. Jonny hayes did the same.

It is the same in normal working life. A company, who you dont really like, offers you a job at three times your current salary. Again, any normal person is going to accept this.

Unlike in the non football world of jobs though Wright almost certainly would have had options in England paying the same.

Unlike in the non football world of jobs though Wright almost certainly would have had options in England paying the same.

How do you know? You are guessing. Looks like rangers were the only one to make a bid.

Edited to add. What level of club in england? I doubt very much they will be as big a club as rangers where he will be able play in europe and probably win some medals.

There is no loyalty in football. Rangers are the best move for him for the reasons above. The fact Aberdeen fans think he wouldn’t go there because he could get a move to England or because he is an aberdeen fan is rather funny.

31 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I also hate rangers

Given this is at least the third post you've made in a week to tell us how great Rangers are for Scott Wright, how bitter we are about them or how we should want their dross they don't want, I'm struggling to not add a large dollop of salt to the above.

31 minutes ago, Aufc said:

How do you know? You are guessing. Looks like rangers were the only one to make a bid.

Edited to add. What level of club in england? I doubt very much they will be as big a club as rangers where he will be able play in europe and probably win some medals.

There is no loyalty in football. Rangers are the best move for him for the reasons above. The fact Aberdeen fans think he wouldn’t go there because he could get a move to England or because he is an aberdeen fan is rather funny.

As are you! You are talking with authority that Sevco were the only team offering. You are guessing. 

Ryan Jack left many years ago and is still awaiting his first medal. No guarantees.

I would ask why do you care? I would imagine the old Airdrie/Sevco link is in evidence.

Personally im not overly bothered anyway about Wright. If you read the opinion of Wright from Aberdeen fans for months/years prior to Sevco even being linked it would be the same as now. Flatters to deceive and his goals/assist stats are piss poor.

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Wow

1. Jonny Hayes signed a new contract specifically so we would get a transfer fee
  2. Jonny Hayes hasn't been handed contract after contract despite being injured for half his adult life
  3. Jonny Hayes has had significantly more than 10 good games to repay his salary
  4. Jonny Hayes doesn't owe his entire existence as a footballer to Aberdeen Football Club
  5. Jonny Hayes wasn't raised as an Aberdeen fan, then at the first chance he got jumped ship to a club which is most politely described as the utter antithesis to everything that AFC as a club and a community hold most dear

I wish nothing less than a pestilence upon Scott Wright and his career. And his family as well for raising such a c**t of a human. f**k them all.

Guest Bob Mahelp

One thing is certain, we're not gonna win many games or have much in the way of exciting football playing the formation that set out last night. 

Cosgrove cannot, under any circumstances, bring other players into the game. He just can't do it. In fact, he spends 95% of his time these days 40 yards from goal, facing Joe Lewis, fending off long balls fired at his chest. 

What's the point ? What are we trying to achieve here ? 

I'm not really blaming Cosgrove, although he hasn't been interested in over a year now. It's McInnes's responsibility to set out a team that can create chances and score goals.....I thought he'd cracked it last Saturday by pushing Hedges forward to play off Cosgrove, but last night was just the absolute pits. 

2 games coming up against THE form team In Scotland. 2 games where Livi must be licking their lips at the prospect of sitting only 2 points off us in a weeks time, with only a struggling Aberdeen and a failing Hibs stopping them from ending up in the Europa League group stages. 

We desperately need to raise our game.