The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

McCrorie's game is primarily based around energy. He's a central midfielder for a team that wants to constantly turn the ball over. Box to box to box to box. Put him in that team and he'll look like a world beater.

Ask him to keep possession and keep a side ticking over and you're in trouble.

Young Ross excelled for us in Europe in his Kaiser McCrorie role in front of a flat back four where he was allowed to break up play and make a pass forward to a runner.

No teams play like that in the Premiership which is a bit of a shame as he's a thoroughly decent young bloke.

Pre contract or away now?

Hopefully we keep him until his contract expires - Hedges and him have an almost telepathic understanding, and we are much better with them both playing.

There’s European group stage football and a Scottish Cup to be played for.

Given the club are due a fee regardless - why rush to get him out the door now?

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Hopefully we keep him until his contract expires - Hedges and him have an almost telepathic understanding, and we are much better with them both playing.

There’s European group stage football and a Scottish Cup to be played for.

Given the club are due a fee regardless - why rush to get him out the door now?

Yip, I would do the same.

To lose Wright, Watkins and Edmondson would be a terrible January window. 

Does Wright think that he’ll get less stick than The Rat, when Sevco roll into town next season?

Does he imagine The Rat, by instigating the pathway 3 years ago, will get all the deserved flack and that there will be none left over for him?

He’s in for a big shock, when fans are allowed back in next season

1 hour ago, Afc69 said:

Does Wright think that he’ll get less stick than The Rat, when Sevco roll into town next season?

Does he imagine The Rat, by instigating the pathway 3 years ago, will get all the deserved flack and that there will be none left over for him?

He’s in for a big shock, when fans are allowed back in next season

He's probably relying on being a bench warmer at best. His mental strength certainly wouldnt be up to the deserved abuse he would get

Edited by afc_blockhead

I initially thought that we should get shot of him if he signs a pre contract with Rangers. But in hindsight, that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Hedges and Wright had some great combination play yesterday, and hopefully that continues until the end of the season. Unless there’s a substantial financial advantage to us in Wright joining Rangers, I say keep him.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I initially thought that we should get shot of him if he signs a pre contract with Rangers. But in hindsight, that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Hedges and Wright had some great combination play yesterday, and hopefully that continues until the end of the season. Unless there’s a substantial financial advantage to us in Wright joining Rangers, I say keep him.

As long as there's no fans allowed that's sensible. 

He'd get (deserved) dogs abuse otherwise. 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Exactly.

Seen some nonsense stuff about chucking him in the reserves. That would do wonders for team morale.

Jones the only named mentioned as far as a possible swap deal here.  Cash obviously still a possibility.

I see Middleton is being linked to a loan to St. Johnstone so would definitely rule him out as a possible for us not that he seemed likely anyway.