The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No surprise to see your bootlicker manager backing up Neil Lennon, then refusing to give any actual details.

It’s been drummed into us for years that Derek McH*ness is a Rangers man. We deserve to be told the truth.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Days after Neil Lennon names St Johnstone and Hamilton, McInnes has come out and said a "couple of grounds".

I've no doubt he wouldn't see Saints damaged in any way, but by merely suggesting and not naming names, all he's done is strengthen the claims of Lennon.

Wow, RG giving the average fan of Victim FC a run in the paranoia stakes.

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's a YES from me too.

Just imagine it and then Dave builds something @ Kingsford that rattles the cages of the NIMBY's even more than the ground was going to 😂

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I mean, fantastic in theory but also feels like back to square one with the new stadium with different sites getting touted every few months in the P&J/EE.

That story just makes me think we'll still be discussing leaving Pittodrie in 25 years.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, fantastic in theory but also feels like back to square one with the new stadium with different sites getting touted every few months in the P&J/EE.

That story just makes me think we'll still be discussing leaving Pittodrie in 25 years.

Aye, got that feeling after the initial euphoria of the thought of staying in the town. I don't know  anyone who was massively happy about Kingsford.  I was grudgingly resigned to it and happy that it got delayed because of a lack of money. This news is welcome but obviously no point getting our hopes up given how long this saga has been going.

It looks like the council have shot their load a bit early here, and given the club a pretty strong hand. If we can negotiate planning permission for housing on the remaining land near Kingsford, then that land would increase massively in value. On top of that, if we can get a favourable price for the new land, then we could be in a position where the new stadium costs far far less than before.

Perhaps we can even negotiate council funding part of the stadium in exchange for occaisional use for concerts etc.

32 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

It's a YES from me too.

Just imagine it and then Dave builds something @ Kingsford that rattles the cages of the NIMBY's even more than the ground was going to 😂

Having lived in Portlethen previously, may I suggest that the stench from a meat processing plant would be appropriate?

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Just appeal it - that seems to work..

Well fans should be more outraged at the post above where it’s suggested Aberdeen should be winning at Motherwell away. Based on your budget yes, based on your performances against us the past few years....mmm not sure about that. 

I get a sense that of all the provincial sides Aberdeen play for their fans they like playing us the least. Hopefully tomorrow we can show you yet again why that is the case 🤷‍♂️

You will still be in Europe next year and the year after...most non Old firm teams would bite your hand off for that. 

What you are saying makes sense, but the problem comes from manager comments about Sevco and Celtic having bigger budgets and hard to compete. If it’s based on budgets then Motherwell should be swotted away at ease. McInnes can’t have it both ways.

As someone who was firmly against a move out of the city, this is really positive news.

There are still some pretty major planning hurdles to be jumped, but if the city council are the ones driving this proposal in an effort to keep the club in the city, you would imagine that some pretty detailed discussions will have already taken place.

Let's see where this goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic. 👍

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Days after Neil Lennon names St Johnstone and Hamilton, McInnes has come out and said a "couple of grounds".

I've no doubt he wouldn't see Saints damaged in any way, but by merely suggesting and not naming names, all he's done is strengthen the claims of Lennon.

I've already posted a link to McInnes making the same comment at the beginning of December. You've conveniently chosen to ignore that.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Interesting. Obviously more ideal than Kingsford and unavailable as a site for the past thirty years or whatever.

Edited by Merkland Red

Would the club really want to pay for two sites to run at the same time? The point of the combined training ground and stadium in the same location was to reduce running costs

The majority of clubs in the world of our size or bigger seem to manage it just fine.

53 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

As someone who was firmly against a move out of the city, this is really positive news.

There are still some pretty major planning hurdles to be jumped, but if the city council are the ones driving this proposal in an effort to keep the club in the city, you would imagine that some pretty detailed discussions will have already taken place.

Let's see where this goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic. 👍

I wouldn’t get your hopes 

Heard all of this before

As someone already said, we’ll still be discussing this in 10 years 

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Would the club really want to pay for two sites to run at the same time? The point of the combined training ground and stadium in the same location was to reduce running costs

I've never been heavily pro or anti moving, but that line was one I never bought. I just don't see how training facilities and a stadium being at the same location reduces running costs.

Training and match days are separate things and have no real bearing on one another.

I genuinely don't know why the old AECC site wasn't considered more by the club. I walk across it fairly regularly to walk along Royal Aberdeen and now that the concert hall has been flattened you get an appreciation of just how large an area it is. Loads of room for a stadium and still plenty car/bus parking, easy access for fans driving from outwith the city/away fans via AWPR, decent existing public transport with 1/2 bus services from city centre every 5 minutes. Couple of pubs in close proximity in the Brig Inn and Black Dog plus opportunity to build something on site. Would've been a no brainer but that ship has sailed I'd think.

I know it's been earmarked for around 500 houses but with the development on the other side of the parkway and the fact that Bridge of Don is already fucking enormous, is there really need for another development of that size.