The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. 

He's clearly hinting at us and Hamilton, so either come out and say it so it gets dealt with instead of slithering around making vague accusations, or don't bother saying anything.

This wee middle ground he's taken just makes him look pathetic.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2716180/aberdeen-boss-mcinnes-calls-for-scottish-covid-compliance-officer/

Maybe Lennon was bootlicking McInnes?

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. 

He's clearly hinting at us and Hamilton, so either come out and say it so it gets dealt with instead of slithering around making vague accusations, or don't bother saying anything.

I watched the press conference on RedTV he wouldn't mention the clubs when pushed by media and then asked dates he was first concerned with he said no point giving out dates as media will know the teams.

The one thing I would add if he had a problem with St Johnstone then with his connection with the club then I would have thought he would have contacted the right people to make the changes.

Edited by betting competition

Of course it’s a missed opportunity 
That is, if we are to strive for the slightest bit of progress 
Look at the points we have dropped recently:
Hamilton away
St Mirren away
Motherwell away
United home
County away
Balls to previous season’s point totals we should be winning most of them but we didn’t pick up 3 points in any 

Well Said

1 minute ago, Willie adie said:

That's two managers under pressure this week, conveniently turning attention to other matters. 

Very apt timing

I mean I'm assuming he was asked directly about it. I doubt he just blurted it out in the same defensive way Lennon did.

He did say he was under a degree of pressure after the last result but the Weegie media routinely thinks Aberdeen fans should just be grateful with what they get and any hint of unhappiness is dismissed with 'Its not the 80s anymore' and never discussed further so I doubt he would have been under any serious pressure from the media regardless.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

I mean I'm assuming he was asked directly about it. I doubt he just blurted it out in the same defensive way Lennon did.

He did say he was under a degree of pressure after the last result but the Weegie media routinely thinks Aberdeen fans should just be grateful with what they get and any hint of unhappiness is dismissed with 'Its not the 80s anymore' and never discussed further so I doubt he would have been under any serious pressure from the media regardless.

His Weegie press pals will never give him a hard time,.  b*****d is Teflon coated 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. 

Wow.

As someone else on here has said, I would imagine that if Aberdeen had any issues with the St Johnstone facilities Derek McInnes would have gone straight to them to raise the matter. Given what other people have said about the MacDiarmid Park changing facilities and what the club have said themselves, I doubt that it is one of the grounds he is referring to. Random Guy has more of a major problem with all things Aberdeen then I thought. To read into Derek McInnes press conference comments, which I doubt that RG has listened to, which grounds he was talking about, is adding 2 and 2 together and getting 1903.

No thanks. All the pace in the world but not what we are after.

I don’t really understand aberden fans. The cast offs from rangers is generally the level you are at and what you should be aiming for (assuming they are half decent). Yoi are hardly going to be competing with them for signings

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I don’t really understand aberden fans. The cast offs from rangers is generally the level you are at and what you should be aiming for (assuming they are half decent). Yoi are hardly going to be competing with them for signings

What a strange take. We’ve all been delighted with Ross mcrorie because he’s a clear improvement to the team, young and with sell on value. 

The players discussed are maybe slightly above average premiership players who don’t necessarily guarantee an improvement, command high wages and little resale value. 

The idea that we should just be happy with rangers cast offs is, politely, absolute pish. 

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

To read into Derek McInnes press conference comments, which I doubt that RG has listened to, which grounds he was talking about, is adding 2 and 2 together and getting 1903.

Days after Neil Lennon names St Johnstone and Hamilton, McInnes has come out and said a "couple of grounds".

I've no doubt he wouldn't see Saints damaged in any way, but by merely suggesting and not naming names, all he's done is strengthen the claims of Lennon.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Days after Neil Lennon names St Johnstone and Hamilton, McInnes has come out and said a "couple of grounds".

I've no doubt he wouldn't see Saints damaged in any way, but by merely suggesting and not naming names, all he's done is strengthen the claims of Lennon.

Lennon made a complete tit of himself turning his guns on St Johnstone and Hamilton to deflect from his own issues. That doesn't necessarily mean those two clubs do things perfectly.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lennon made a complete tit of himself turning his guns on St Johnstone and Hamilton to deflect from his own issues. That doesn't necessarily mean those two clubs do things perfectly.

It doesn't mean they don't, either.

McInnes saying a "couple of clubs", but refusing to clarify, has backed up Lennon and now even journalists are starting to proclaim Saints and Hamilton as problems. By all accounts we spent a fortune prepping the stadium to cope with social distancing, yet now face a barrage of abuse/accusations for absolutely no reason.

The SPFL are so fucking stupid we'll end up with a points deduction based off press speculation.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No surprise to see your bootlicker manager backing up Neil Lennon, then refusing to give any actual details.

Imagine being that much of a club fanboy that you are rattled by a manager saying you have shite changing rooms.

Lennon went on a  bizarre  rant where as McInnes was clearly asked about it and tried to give an honest answer but being diplomatic at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesn't mean they don't, either.

McInnes saying a "couple of clubs", but refusing to clarify, has backed up Lennon and now even journalists are starting to proclaim Saints and Hamilton as problems. By all accounts we spent a fortune prepping the stadium to cope with social distancing, yet now face a barrage of abuse/accusations for absolutely no reason.

No but he was asked a direct question and he answered it. IF clubs aren't doing things properly it needs addressed. Nothing wrong with him expressing that opinion.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The SPFL are so fucking stupid we'll end up with a points deduction based off press speculation.

Stop being a drama queen fanny.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just appeal it - that seems to work..

Well fans should be more outraged at the post above where it’s suggested Aberdeen should be winning at Motherwell away. Based on your budget yes, based on your performances against us the past few years....mmm not sure about that. 

I get a sense that of all the provincial sides Aberdeen play for their fans they like playing us the least. Hopefully tomorrow we can show you yet again why that is the case 🤷‍♂️

You will still be in Europe next year and the year after...most non Old firm teams would bite your hand off for that.