The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Yep. It's been covered a fair bit in our thread but the "gun to his head" line was wild.

Even if the extension is triggered, he goes to the Euros and Motherwell won't stand in his way if he gets the opportunity to "progress his career" at a Celtic or a Championship club (which is what he seems to be angling for) and Motherwell get a non-prohibitive fee.

The line is that wild that I went to quote it then realised no it can't have been that 😂

I'm sure he'll decide a fair few with Motherwell and then see what progresses from there.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

I think Cosgrove is being hugely under-rated at the moment. He's not the most active, isn't very enthusiastic at the high press and isn't very good with his back to goal so doesn't suit the headless chicken/ random punt style we've played since he got back.  He also took a while to get going last time but he's like juggernaut, he'll be unstoppable one he's up to speed. 

If we could just play though the midfield in to feet or get decent crosses in he'd be fine. 

You reckon he’s good with the ball in to feet? 🤨

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Whats the bet we sign both Jones and Stewart.

Stewart to replace McGinn and Jones for Scott Wright. Both very good players on their day.

If Stewart is not just shoehorned in he'd be a good signing. McInnes just needs to utilize him appropriately.

On 11/01/2021 at 15:29, DrewDon said:

Funny thing is, if Stewart did sign for us again there would be a good portion of our support who would argue that he is actually one of our best players and McInnes just doesn't know how to use him properly. 

Haha, not even signed (yet). 

Edited by DrewDon

I keep on feeling that we should really be pushing harder and capitalizing on Celtic's constant slip-ups this season and that in previous seasons we would have been level or ahead of them. So during a particularly boring meeting this morning I've compared our points totals after 22 games during each of McInnes's 8 seasons in charge.

PTS     GD

20/21    39        5

19/20    36        3

18/19    42       13

17/18    43        9

16/17    40        18

15/16    46        15

14/15    47        16

13/14    44        14

For reference, this season Celtic after 22 games currently have 46 points and a GD of 30. 

I was slightly surprised in all honesty - I had the general impression we were doing particularly badly this season, and although it's our second worst points total during McInnes's time in charge, it's not especially worse than normal. particularly since Rangers* got promoted (16/17). For all Celtic are having a nightmare of a season, given the better goal difference they have it's effectively on par with our best season over 8 years.

Despite all this, I do still think that it is a bit of a missed opportunity not to pressure Celtic more - though, I'll accept, it's perhaps not as much of a missed opportunity as I originally thought.

Edited by AngusTheBull

5 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I keep on feeling that we should really be pushing harder and capitalizing on Celtic's constant slip-ups this season and that in previous seasons we would have been level or ahead of them. So during a particularly boring meeting this morning I've compared our points totals after 22 games during each of McInnes's 8 seasons in charge.

PTS     GD

20/21    39        5

19/20    36        3

18/19    42       13

17/18    43        9

16/17    40        18

15/16    46        15

14/15    47        16

13/14    44        14

For reference, this season Celtic after 22 games currently have 46 points and a GD of 30. 

I was slightly surprised in all honesty - I had the general impression we were doing particularly badly this season, and although it's our second worst points total during McInnes's time in charge, it's not especially worse than normal. Particularly since Rangers* got promoted (16/17). For all Celtic are having a nightmare of a season, given the better goal difference they have it's effectively on par with our best season over 8 years.

Despite all this, I do still think that it is a bit of a missed opportunity not to pressure Celtic more - though I'll accept, it's perhaps not as much of a missed opportunity as I originally thought.

It has also become more difficult for us to gain points in the later years  as the blue cheek has strenthened. That also applies to Celtic, but applying to Celtic doesn't affect our points total. 

no, we're doing fine points wise.

I am still concerned though, more than I was pre-Christmas. I don't think we look the same team as we did before the last international break and I can't see us replicating the points total in the second half of the season if things don't change from a personnel perspective. 

This is just anecdotal and to my untrained eye but it's beginning to look more than a dip in form.

I don't think it's solely about this season. 

Plenty factors as to why people want the manager changed. The boring, predictable, and uninspiring football is a tip of the iceberg. 
The rest of that Iceberg being the fact that they're just bored of having the same manager for 7 and a half years and want their club to be run like a reality TV show.

44 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The twitter #mcinnesoot brigade have fooled everyone into thinking we are having a mare of a season when really we aren't.

Definitely not a mare of a season 

However it is yet ANOTHER missed opportunity with Celtic having an absolute Sevco (2012-2019) of a season 

The amount of missed opportunities McInnes’ Aberdeen have squandered is unreal 

Onto important matters.

This was just advertised on my twitter feed.  I clicked the link and it took me to a bona fide retailer.  I don't remember this at all, I think I might have alzhzeimer's!

ad30771_1_cloudzoom.jpg

P.S. they only had it in small

Edited by aDONisSheep

9 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Onto important matters.

This was just advertised on my twitter feed.  I clicked the link and it took me to a bona fide retailer.  I don't remember this at all, I think I might have alzhzeimer's!

ad30771_1_cloudzoom.jpg

P.S. they only had it in small

this was last years kit

38 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

this was last years kit

I do remember the chevrons, but I thought last years kit had a small white trim on the sleeve?  

If not, Altzheimer's it is!

Yours, I'm off to shout at pigeons

aDONis 

Nope, just looked it up...  No trim, I'm officially fvkked, how can I not remember all the way to last season!

Edited by aDONisSheep

However it is yet ANOTHER missed opportunity with Celtic having an absolute Sevco (2012-2019) of a season 
Yet the stats above show that even in our best season under McInnes, we'd only be one point ahead of them. Celtic will probably still end this season with somewhere in the region of 80 points.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not sure if it is another missed opportunity as I will provide with stats below

Take away Rangers and Celtic: Aberdeen have 4 out of 5 best and or 5 out of the top 10 (points total since we started playing 38 games in 2000)

Top 10 Premiership points total since 2000 without Celtic/Rangers
Aberdeen 16/17 - 76pts
Aberdeen 14/15 – 75pts
Hearts 05/06 – 74pts
Aberdeen 17/18 – 73pts
Aberdeen 15/16 – 71pts
Motherwell 13/14 – 70pts
Hearts 03/04 – 68pts
Aberdeen 13/14 – 68pts
Kilmarnock 18/19 – 67pts
Hibs 17/18 – 67pts
------------------------------------
Aberdeen 18/19 – 67pts (not in the top 10 due to goal difference)  

Celtic lowest total in SPFL is 82pts in 08/09 (I'm not including last season figures as the season wasn't finished). Wonder what points total they will get this season. 

Copied from (hopefully no mistakes from me or this website): https://www.myfootballfacts.com/world-football/scottish-football/scottish_premier_league_points/ 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

I do remember the chevrons, but I thought last years kit had a small white trim on the sleeve?  

If not, Altzheimer's it is!

Yours, I'm off to shout at pigeons

aDONis 

Nope, just looked it up...  No trim, I'm officially fvkked, how can I not remember all the way to last season!

It’s been a long year to be fair?