The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I put the injuries down to the players being millenial snowflakes. There's f**k all wrong with them. In my day your leg had to fall off before you got substituted. 

At the opposite end of the scale of the likes of Ally Shewan for sure!

Whats the bet we sign both Jones and Stewart.

Stewart to replace McGinn and Jones for Scott Wright. Both very good players on their day.

If Stewart is not just shoehorned in he'd be a good signing. McInnes just needs to utilize him appropriately.

Cosgrove and Hernandez hopefully sold in the next week. Get Watkins and Ross Stewart signed on preseason contracts. That would make things look a little brighter after a miserable opening few weeks of January.

Still hopefully Gallagher and Campbell on pre-season contracts too.

I think the days of us cherry-picking the better talent within Scotland is over. Campbell and Gallacher would have been realistic signings pre pandemic but given our finances, I doubt we'll see many if any high calibre players come through the door this summer.

I would suggest that there will be somewhere in the region of a 20-40% cut to the playing budget. 

Given that we've seen Stewart of Ross County and Murray of Dunfermline being linked, they'll hardly cost us much in terms of a weekly wage. As a result, they're the kind of signing I expect us to make. 

Finally, I would suspect there will be much more reliance on youth next season. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I think the days of us cherry-picking the better talent within Scotland is over. Campbell and Gallacher would have been realistic signings pre pandemic but given our finances, I doubt we'll see many if any high calibre players come through the door this summer.

I would suggest that there will be somewhere in the region of a 20-40% cut to the playing budget. 

Given that we've seen Stewart of Ross County and Murray of Dunfermline being linked, they'll hardly cost us much in terms of a weekly wage. As a result, they're the kind of signing I expect us to make. 

Finally, I would suspect there will be much more reliance on youth next season. 

Gallacher's star is quite high and it's likely he'll be looking for one last pay day. That's highly unlikely to be at the Pitt o'dreams. Campbell will also be looking for a better deal than we can offer.

Ross Stewart is the kind of player we should be going for....good talent, hungry for a step up, needs to stretch his wings beyond Dingwall. I'd like to have him at Pittodrie, I think he could really improve both us and himself. 

Greg Stewart can lick my nuts. Bring him back for a 3rd time just because he'll want a wage ? f**k him. Dundee awaits. 

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Gallacher's star is quite high and it's likely he'll be looking for one last pay day. That's highly unlikely to be at the Pitt o'dreams. Campbell will also be looking for a better deal than we can offer.

If you believe reports (and it seems to be an open secret now) Gallagher also triggers an additional year extension in 3 games so assuming that happens he won't be out of contract in the summer either.

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If you believe reports (and it seems to be an open secret now) Gallagher also triggers an additional year extension in 3 games so assuming that happens he won't be out of contract in the summer either.

Aye. Seems like the hostage chat has gone now they realise the position he's in. Barring injury or a major drop of form he'll be in the Euros squad. He's no chance if he picks up a season ending 'injury'.

Good for Motherwell.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Seems like the hostage chat has gone now they realise the position he's in. Barring injury or a major drop of form he'll be in the Euros squad. He's no chance if he picks up a season ending 'injury'.

Good for Motherwell.

Yep. It's been covered a fair bit in our thread but the "gun to his head" line was wild.

Even if the extension is triggered, he goes to the Euros and Motherwell won't stand in his way if he gets the opportunity to "progress his career" at a Celtic or a Championship club (which is what he seems to be angling for) and Motherwell get a non-prohibitive fee.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Whats the bet we sign both Jones and Stewart.

Stewart to replace McGinn and Jones for Scott Wright. Both very good players on their day.

If Stewart is not just shoehorned in he'd be a good signing. McInnes just needs to utilize him appropriately.

Cosgrove and Hernandez hopefully sold in the next week. Get Watkins and Ross Stewart signed on preseason contracts. That would make things look a little brighter after a miserable opening few weeks of January.

Still hopefully Gallagher and Campbell on pre-season contracts too.

Still need an out and out striker

I think Cosgrove is being hugely under-rated at the moment. He's not the most active, isn't very enthusiastic at the high press and isn't very good with his back to goal so doesn't suit the headless chicken/ random punt style we've played since he got back.  He also took a while to get going last time but he's like juggernaut, he'll be unstoppable one he's up to speed. 

If we could just play though the midfield in to feet or get decent crosses in he'd be fine. 

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think Cosgrove is being hugely under-rated at the moment. He's not the most active, isn't very enthusiastic at the high press and isn't very good with his back to goal so doesn't suit the headless chicken/ random punt style we've played since he got back.  He also took a while to get going last time but he's like juggernaut, he'll be unstoppable one he's up to speed. 

If we could just play though the midfield in to feet or get decent crosses in he'd be fine. 

You missed out win plenty of penalties. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Agreed, he's scored just under 1 in 2 for us which includes a run of 20+ games where he only scored twice at the start of his time here. A lot of penalties in there but he's got a better scoring record than Adam Rooney did for us. Its obvious that he's a streaky player though and we could really use him going on one of his runs where he scores every week again.

56 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I'm struggling to see how selling Cosgrove and signing Ross Stewart will improve the team.

Stewart would do well for you’s , great hold up and link up player , not scored many this season but in a better team I could see him scoring numbers like he did last season and the season before , has to be stressed there’s far more to his game than goals