The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Tiresome argument.

Ultimately, not my job. Since you asked though, Paul Cook. 

Not your job to pick the new manager. But it is your job to sack the existing one? Not sure how that works.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Absolutely. It shouldn't be forgotten either.

In regards to your first paragraph that's the point I've been making. It's fine being asked who I'd take and myself giving an answer...but who's to know if there's any chance of it at all? It just seems fairly reasonable.

I've seen a few folk suggesting Darren Fletcher. That could be great, could be dreadful. Certainly the sort of appointment I could see Cormack making when the time does come, to be fair. 

22 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

what’s bizarre about it? It’s one of the options being mentioned by both clubs as part of a deal for Wright. It would be more bizarre if we didn’t talk about it at all.

It seems quite clear cut to me that either getting a 6 figure fee, or a 6 figure fee of the McCrorie fee due this Summer, or just keeping Wright until May, are all preferable to taking one of Jones/Stewart/Middleton, tbh.

You'd get a better fit for replacing Wright outwith Rangers.

23 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I've seen a few folk suggesting Darren Fletcher. That could be great, could be dreadful. Certainly the sort of appointment I could see Cormack making when the time does come, to be fair. 

Didn't he just take a coaching job at Man Utd?

It would be interesting. Inexperienced top level player is probably not what we need but may be the market we're in. Like Gerrard he'd probably need a switched on backroom team.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't he just take a coaching job at Man Utd?

It would be interesting. Inexperienced top level player is probably not what we need but may be the market we're in. Like Gerrard he'd probably need a switched on backroom team.

Aye, I think he's a first-team coach there now; had been coaching the youths previous to that, I think. I'm not necessarily advocating for him, but seems more like the sort of appointment Cormack might make than Milne would have. 

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It seems quite clear cut to me that either getting a 6 figure fee, or a 6 figure fee of the McCrorie fee due this Summer, or just keeping Wright until May, are all preferable to taking one of Jones/Stewart/Middleton, tbh.

You'd get a better fit for replacing Wright outwith Rangers.

That may be so but given it’s an option that’s been mentioned by both managers it’s clearly being looked at so I’m not sure why it’s bizarre for us to discuss it. Pretending it’s not a possibility being looked at would be more odd.

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Even with the walls caving in you at Pittodrie can't resist getting a wee dig in at Hibs. :lol:

This must be what it's like to have no rivals, a life in purgatory spent trying to manufacture derbies out of thin air.

It's the old two bald blokes fighting for a comb type rivalry between Hearts and Hibs though. 

I've always felt it's held both clubs back a bit, especially Hibs. You've only qualified something like nine times for Europe since 1978!

8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

That may be so but given it’s an option that’s been mentioned by both managers it’s clearly being looked at so I’m not sure why it’s bizarre for us to discuss it. Pretending it’s not a possibility being looked at would be more odd.

I'm not having a go at fans discussing it, I'm trying to say I don't see why Aberdeen as a club are discussing it.

Even with the walls caving in you at Pittodrie can't resist getting a wee dig in at Hibs. :lol:
This must be what it's like to have no rivals, a life in purgatory spent trying to manufacture derbies out of thin air.

Why is stating a belief that Hibs are mediocre trying to ‘manufacture a derby’ ?

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Why is stating a belief that Hibs are mediocre trying to ‘manufacture a derby’ ?

See the "wee dig at Hibs" part where the was clearly explained.

Anyway, I see that McInnes is busy flinging dead cats on the table.

He's utterly fucking shameless isn't he? :lol: Craig Levein's apprentice in every respect ("he beats Hibs too then?" hurhurhur).

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

He's utterly fucking shameless isn't he? :lol: Craig Levein's apprentice in every respect ("he beats Hibs too then?" hurhurhur).

It would probably help you to restrain your obsession with Aberdeen to just one thread. 

Are you Random Guy ? 

Every time we beat Hibs, their forums are full of losing to “mediocre Aberdeen”.

Sometimes they were right, but I didn’t realise that constituted manufacturing derbies.

Aberdeen isn’t a big enough city for a derby (f**k Cove) and we are comfortable with that - most of the past 50 years has us generally stronger than the Edinburgh and Dundee clubs. Think it’s eight seasons since we finished below any of them. Last thing we need is a divided city - enough other things divide our support right now.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Does anyone have any numbers to hand about the number of times we've had a starting lineup containing both Main and Cosgrove? I just had a feeling that the win percentage when that happens would be quite low but I've not had the time to work though the data.

When trying to look at the pros and cons of the current regime, this kind of things puts the pendulum into the case for change.

A couple of things have been clearly evident in recent matches.

(i) The three at the back system, that worked for a period of time early season, is creaking badly - it has been getting worse and was a complete mess against Sevco and for the first 25 mins or so yesterday.  The stubborn refusal to move away from it other than due red card or injury necessity was not a good look.  That tactical genius Yogi Hughes put three up front yesterday, and they completely wiped the floor with us.

(ii) Cosgrove and Main together is horrendous - almost a crime against football..............yet, he keeps reverting to it, week after week. 

If the injuries to Taylor, McCrorie and Hayes are lengthy, and McGeouch, Leigh, Devlin remain out of the picture - this will almost necessitate additions to the squad - will Cormack allow this and trust the manager to use any leverage he does get wisely?

From what I saw yesterday, the last thing we need right now is Wright going anywhere.  I wouldn't necessarily think that if there were fans in the ground to get on his back - but if he is to leave, the moves made to mitigate that will likely determine if 3rd (and all the likely rewards) is still on or whether we're likely to plummet down the table in the weeks to come.

Edited by tarapoa

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I'm hardly his biggest fan but I don't see any issue with what he's said there.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

You are obsessed with Aberdeen. 

Must be because you support a mediocre (at best) team like Hibs.