The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

If Aberdeen wanted to take the high-risk, high-reward option, they'd go for Brandon Barker in exchange for Wright.

If you can keep him fit and get him performing regularly, he has much higher upside than Jones or Stewart. But you'd have to have a lot of confidence in your ability as a coach.

He didn't show that much when he was at hibs. Just give us some money and we'll buy elsewhere thanks. 

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Don't ask, don't get as they say

They do aye, but I think he likely gets a few more games for Rangers in this next wee while. He's there when we need to go direct, and we'll likely have to do that a fair bit more in the next few weeks.

I think if pushed I'd probably take Glenn Middleton. I don't think he'd solve all our problems right now, but I think he has good potential. Whether our coaching team can actually get that potential out of him or not is another matter.

9 minutes ago, betting competition said:

If Scott Wright does leave on this transfer window to Rangers then I wouldn't want to get another Rangers player on loan. I don't like it that we can't play Ross McCrorie against Rangers and another player would be disappointing.  

Agreed, especially considering that our options would be:

Brandon Barker - crumbles when he gets within 25 yards of goal
Glenn Middleton - couldn't cut it at Hibs or Bradford
Greg Stewart - overweight waster who failed at us twice
Jordan Jones - uber-staunch covid party goer

Either take a decent fee off them now or make use of him until his contract runs out.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

I think if pushed I'd probably take Glenn Middleton. I don't think he'd solve all our problems right now, but I think he has good potential. Whether our coaching team can actually get that potential out of him or not is another matter.

Middleton would be my last preference, to be honest, even more so than Stewart. Jones seems like a bad person, but he would be my choice from the aforementioned four if we could get him up to the standard he was at Kilmarnock under Clarke. 

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Agreed, especially considering that our options would be:

Brandon Barker - crumbles when he gets within 25 yards of goal
Glenn Middleton - couldn't cut it at Hibs or Bradford
Greg Stewart - overweight waster who failed at us twice
Jordan Jones - uber-staunch covid party goer

Either take a decent fee off them now or make use of him until his contract runs out.

😂😂

During one of his spells my pal wandered past him in the chocolate aisle in the Lang Stracht Tesco.

He was stood in front of the share size dairy milks just staring at them. Closed his eyes, puffed his cheeks then walked away empty handed.

I don’t understand Scott Wright’s thinking here? Yes, it’s a short career, but it’s hopefully a long life thereafter.

If he crosses this Rubicon there is no way back and he and his family will need to cope with him being reviled locally forever more. Is he planning to settle in Kashmir like David Robertson? Is it really worth it? He probably looks forward to working with Gerrard, but he will be off at the end of the season. Rangers will be skint like the era after Advocat. They are just splurging to avoid 10 in a row.