The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Does anyone actually believe anything they read on there ?

I went on there yesterday for the first time in a while and first thread I opened there was a boy arguing that someone being a slave trader didn’t make them a villain. Just closed the tab after that.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I went on there yesterday for the first time in a while and first thread I opened there was a boy arguing that someone being a slave trader didn’t make them a villain. Just closed the tab after that.

I also looked yesterday for first time in ages and the Scott Wright thread was a full blown debate on BLM and white privilege:

what the fuck GIF

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Quick question.

Why the f**k are Sevco signing Scott Wright?

I can't really judge him as a player as I haven't seen too much of him, but going by what people are saying it seems there are a couple of benefits. He is likely an upgrade on the likes of Jones and Barker while he will also act as a homegrown player for European purposes, meaning we can apparently free up an additional space in any future European squads.

So, we'd be getting a better player than a couple we already have and we can add another player to our European squads.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can't really judge him as a player as I haven't seen too much of him, but going by what people are saying it seems there are a couple of benefits. He is likely an upgrade on the likes of Jones and Barker while he will also act as a homegrown player for European purposes, meaning we can apparently free up an additional space in any future European squads.

So, we'd be getting a better player than a couple we already have and we can add another player to our European squads.

It's probably because you need to cut your cloth and will struggle to make the Brexity signings you've done well with going forward.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Lots of folk seem to think he's a stylistic fit - a poor mans Kent, if you will.

Like you, haven't seen enough of him to say.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s hard to judge to be honest but he’s never performed to the level Jones did at Killie and the fee you paid for Barker is more than Aberdeen would have ever wet dreamed about getting for Wright even if he had multiple years on his contract so it’s hard for me to see what evidence there is that he’s better than the two mentioned.

The homegrown thing must be a big part of it as you say and also because he’s a bit younger than Jones/Stewart I suppose he’s a cheap option that could have more potential.

Dont get me wrong I would have been happy had we signed him to a new deal but in a way I’d rather he went to you and likely sit on the bench and get a cameo in games you’re already comfortably winning than somewhere like Hibs, Hearts etc where he’d be more likely to have a significant impact.

Edited by Rodhull

19 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It’s hard to judge to be honest but he’s never performed to the level Jones did at Killie and the fee you paid for Barker is more than Aberdeen would have ever wet dreamed about getting for Wright even if he had multiple years on his contract so it’s hard for me to see what evidence there is that he’s better than the two mentioned.

The homegrown thing must be a big part of it as you say and also because he’s a bit younger than Jones/Stewart I suppose he’s a cheap option that could have more potential.

Dont get me wrong I would have been happy had we signed him to a new deal but in a way I’d rather he went to you and likely sit on the bench and get a cameo in games you’re already comfortably winning than somewhere like Hibs, Hearts etc where he’d be more likely to have a significant impact.

Yeah, I can see your point.

In regards to Jones, I think he has burnt his bridges at Rangers and will be moved on regardless if he is considered better than Wright or not.

Barker, we've never really been able to get going at all and gets very little game time. Same with Stewart.

So if you look at it as though Rangers will be offloading those 3 and brining in Wright then, as you say, it might be a move with a view to unlocking any potential he may have compared to those 3 and we'd be saving ourselves some wages in the process.

If Aberdeen wanted to take the high-risk, high-reward option, they'd go for Brandon Barker in exchange for Wright.

If you can keep him fit and get him performing regularly, he has much higher upside than Jones or Stewart. But you'd have to have a lot of confidence in your ability as a coach.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

If Aberdeen wanted to take the high-risk, high-reward option, they'd go for Brandon Barker in exchange for Wright.

If you can keep him fit and get him performing regularly, he has much higher upside than Jones or Stewart. But you'd have to have a lot of confidence in your ability as a coach.

No thanks. All the pace in the world but not what we are after.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

what about that boy Itten or fitever ?

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No thanks. All the pace in the world but not what we are after.

He does have technical ability too.

All his problems are mental and fitness related. If someone can sort that then they've got a good player.