The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Just been on for a quick look at an Oxford United forum. There's a chap on there thinks they would be top 4 in Scotland. 😆

I needed a laugh this morning.

Is his user name Sean Duffy by any chance ?

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

My only source of fun these days is correcting poorly executed posts on P&B, says a lot about the state of Hibs...........

I swear I responded to this in this thread but it appeared as a response to one of your posts in the COVID in scottish football thread.

59 minutes ago, Green Day said:

They did well to keep it quiet...........

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Beat me to it :lol:

Aye fair play guys

f**k up on my behalf 

Delighted to provide a source of amusement to some in these dark days 😂

Oxford owe us one after we let them pinch Windass for pennies (thanks Alex).

We took a loss selling him and they doubled their money on him less than a year later.

EDIT: I'd like to apologise to everyone for bringing up memories of Alex Miller.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

We took a loss selling him and they doubled their money on him less than a year later.

EDIT: I'd like to apologise to everyone for bringing up memories of Alex Miller.

King Henry Queen GIF by The Spanish Princess

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

If Wright did go to Sevco and somehow Greg Stewart ended up here, McInnes might as well start up his car engine and drive as far away as possible, as that would be him DONE

Worringly we’d still be left with a board who sanctioned the move for a third time!

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I still remember this and it summed up the incompetence of those steering good ship AFC at the time.

"Relations are good with Oxford" they said - despite not having been paid a penny of the 450K fee and Leicester bidding a million for him a year later.  What was wrong with just taking him back?

On another matter, I'm not feeling the love for Greg Stewart. 

Tin hat firmly on here - but I think we could do a lot worse than take him back.  There were signs with regular football he was starting to cut it - and I remember him being a standout in the 2-4 midweeker with Sevco  and possibly that was the match that persuaded Gerrard to sign him.

He also may fit into the style of football we are looking to play this season, far more than watching the ball being shelled over his heed.  

Doubt it will happen, and there may be far better options - but not sure it's worth a meltdown either if that is the outcome.

Edited by tarapoa

5 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Am I right in thinking McInnes was keen on signing Kiltie when he first broke through at Killie? Seems to be in decent form and out of contract at the end of the season...

he was definitely keen on Craig Slater who broke through around the same time. Regularly spotted at hampden these days, although unfortunately its because he plays for Queens Park. And not very often. 

there is deffo a player in there thats for sure its about using him rite

I still remember this and it summed up the incompetence of those steering good ship AFC at the time.
"Relations are good with Oxford" they said - despite not having been paid a penny of the 450K fee and Leicester bidding a million for him a year later.  What was wrong with just taking him back?

Tin hat firmly on here - but I think we could do a lot worse than take him back.  There were signs with regular football he was starting to cut it - and I remember him being a standout in the 2-4 midweeker with Sevco  and possibly that was the match that persuaded Gerrard to sign him.
He also may fit into the style of football we are looking to play this season, far more than watching the ball being shelled over his heed.  
Doubt it will happen, and there may be far better options - but not sure it's worth a meltdown either if that is the outcome.

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It's a dilemma. 

On one hand, Stewart could fit into a front 3 and i can see him and hedges combining well. 

On the other hand, he can f**k right off. 

16 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

there is deffo a player in there thats for sure its about using him rite

Greg Stewart is shite and has proved it over two spells with the club... To take him back a third time is just lazy incompetence.. which exactly sums up the player himself

Whatever he once had at Dundee and a brief half season at Killie is no longer present. A Sevco cast off.. 

Plus he's 18 months older of which he's spent sitting on his arse at Ibrox. 

Why would anyone think that's a good signing? 

Have you forgotten is little jig of delight when he scored practically his only goal or goals, I can't remember, for Sevco against us? 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

47 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Have you forgotten is little jig of delight when he scored practically his only goal or goals, I can't remember, for Sevco against us? 

I do remember he scored for them against us - which is not unusual for players that leave us.

When I was younger, these things bothered me - now I just ask, can he give us a better option than seeing out the season watching Curtis bashing into defenders each week?  Possibly.

The one thing that may count towards Wright staying is the fact there is no fans in the ground to give him dogs' abuse for a few months should this pre-contract be confirmed.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It's a dilemma. 

On one hand, Stewart could fit into a front 3 and i can see him and hedges combining well. 

On the other hand, he can f**k right off. 

It’s probably very petty of me, but he could have spent the season playing like peak-Hayes circa 2013/14 and I wouldn’t want the useless lazy *** f**k anywhere near us.

Add in the fact he’s shite, slow and, at best, a benchwarmer/sub, and it’s a gtf from me.