The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

42 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Jordan Jones is an ok player but hes no replacement for Wright, purely on style alone. hes a pace merchant, fast and direct, who needs space to run into. Wright can do a bit of that, but the reason hes been so impressive for us this year has been because hes able to break down a banked defence by playing through them. Theres a reason Jones hasnt ever looked even close to breaking into their team. To be honest, theres noone who would realistically come to us that Id take from their squad. Take the cash, spend it elsewhere. We can do better than what theyve got. 

A Sevconian Peter Pawlett, and he’s by a distance the best option out of the four names touted.

Barker has even less end-product than Wright, which is quite impressive really.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's why GMS would have been ideal. Offers far more than Wright, is more consistent (but not consistent enough), and unlike Wright isn't a fucking pussy who plays for 5 games and then is out for 6.

That's why GMS has ended up at second-tier Hearts after failing to make much of an impression in the MLS, while Wright is wanted by the best team in the country. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
31 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That's why GMS has ended up at second-tier Hearts after failing to make much of an impression in the MLS, while Wright is wanted by the best team in the country. 

For Aberdeen's needs at this moment, I'd rather have GMS than Scott Wright.

I've never been a fan of Wright in the slightest....rarely scores, very poor assist record, and perma-injured.....and now he's added complete dickness to the list, he's not really went up in my estimation. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

I've never been a fan of Wright in the slightest....rarely scores, very poor assist record, and perma-injured.....and now he's added complete dickness to the list, he's not really went up in my estimation. 

Surely you can see how effective hes been this year despite not racking up great numbers? Take our equalising penalty v Celtic as an example, without him bursting past three players and sliding it through to hedges, we dont get into that position. This wont show up on goal/assist stats but it was the most difficult component in the attack. he brings an x factor which is so hard to defend against and looks to be improving all the  time. 

having said all that, a move to the **** is stupid as hes not better than Kent/Arfield/Aribo/hagi/Roofe/Morelos and therefore gets nowhere near their team. It also means hes a ***, which renders him unable to have a peaceful drink in his home city, which is nice for him I suppose. 

he will be a massive miss for us, but if we can get some cash for him, we could maybe get Watkins back (if fit) or someone else who fits the mould of a technical attacker who can break down a banked defence. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think you just have to accept that you got it badly wrong with Wright this season and move on.

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think you just have to accept that you got it badly wrong with Wright this season and move on.

I'm afraid that half a dozen decent performances in around 5 or 6 years doesn't make him an Aberdeen legend in my mind.