The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hastie - has he not been shite and unfit for Motherwell this season?

Middleton - did nothing at Hibs?

Barker - Not for me

Jones - meh

This January window is depressing me more than a global pandemic.

Don't take any of them.. Just wipe some of the debt off

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We need Wright or a player of his type.

That's why GMS would have been ideal. Offers far more than Wright, is more consistent (but not consistent enough), and unlike Wright isn't a fucking pussy who plays for 5 games and then is out for 6.

The Jordan Jones shout is an interesting one. He was decent with Killie, but hasn't had a look in with derhun. He's the type of player that McInnes could well  be looking at. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's why GMS would have been ideal. Offers far more than Wright, is more consistent (but not consistent enough), and unlike Wright isn't a fucking pussy who plays for 5 games and then is out for 6.

The Jordan Jones shout is an interesting one. He was decent with Killie, but hasn't had a look in with derhun. He's the type of player that McInnes could well  be looking at. 

Out of that list, he's the only one we should even consider

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We need Wright or a player of his type.

We don't need a swap though. We could hold out for a fee to bring in someone else or keep Wright until May. 

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hastie - has he not been shite and unfit for Motherwell this season?

Yes to the former, he spent the opening games of the season literally tripping over the ball and Robinson had said more than once that our wide players "haven't been playing well", so count the bold Jake in that number.

Who knows to the latter, Robinson pretty much said it had taken until December to get him fit enough to contribute. He's started the last two games for us though.

IIRC McInnes was apparently keen on Hastie when his contract was running down but he obviously chose the money at Rangers. And fair play to him, we did well out the deal in picking up the £350k development money.

There was also a story about Atlanta wanting with an added twist that didn't get any further than the forums that the plan was for Atlanta to take him and loan him back to Aberdeen in a Cadden-esque snake situation.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Yes to the former, he spent the opening games of the season literally tripping over the ball and Robinson had said more than once that our wide players "haven't been playing well", so count the bold Jake in that number.

Who knows to the latter, Robinson pretty much said it had taken until December to get him fit enough to contribute. He's started the last two games for us though.

IIRC McInnes was apparently keen on Hastie when his contract was running down but he obviously chose the money at Rangers. And fair play to him, we did well out the deal in picking up the £350k development money.

There was also a story about Atlanta wanting with an added twist that didn't get any further than the forums that the plan was for Atlanta to take him and loan him back to Aberdeen in a Cadden-esque snake situation.

I've never actually seen him play 90 minutes so I need to plead ignorance but my perception of him doesn't bode well for his attitude.

Had a brief spell where he burst on the scene and accumulating quite the highlight reel, jumped at the first opportunity for big club/money, didn't seize that opportunity and in the space of a year seems unfit and uninterested.

Doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Rumblings on Twitter last night that the McInnes Out brigade could be getting their wish sooner rather than later

After flirting with such thoughts myself I now find myself of a nervous disposition 

The relentless bores on Twitter better hope we appoint the second coming of Fergie

Would happily take a punt on Goodwin myself 

Not Stephen Glass ffs 

If Scott Wright wants to sign for Rangers and they want him, there is no way he can stay a game longer than when this happens. Like most others on here, the one player that I don’t want anywhere near the home dressing room at Pittodrie again is Greg Stewart. Any of the others mentioned have done a decent job at times in their careers, so I’d be willing to take a chance. Jordan Jones probably my pick.

36 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I feel like we're thinking of different GMS'.

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I remember us playing you that season. He looked like he'd never been near a football pitch in his life. Then made a lovely run and scored. 🤣

19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Rumblings on Twitter last night that the McInnes Out brigade could be getting their wish sooner rather than later

After flirting with such thoughts myself I now find myself of a nervous disposition 

The relentless bores on Twitter better hope we appoint the second coming of Fergie

Not Stephen Glass ffs 

Glass was what I was told. Didn't believe it myself.

Jordan Jones is an ok player but hes no replacement for Wright, purely on style alone. hes a pace merchant, fast and direct, who needs space to run into. Wright can do a bit of that, but the reason hes been so impressive for us this year has been because hes able to break down a banked defence by playing through them. Theres a reason Jones hasnt ever looked even close to breaking into their team. To be honest, theres noone who would realistically come to us that Id take from their squad. Take the cash, spend it elsewhere. We can do better than what theyve got. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not Stephen Glass ffs 

I realise that we're not in it for sentimentality, but I would be sad to see McInnes end his time at Pittodrie by either being sacked or an acrimonious parting. 

I'm too old to naively believe in 'the grass is always greener' scenario that I think a lot of our support are indulging in, and I don't see anybody out there who is a natural fit for us in the way McInnes is.

Remember where we were before McInnes took over. Remember Mark McGhee and rat faced, lazy arse mercenaries like Mark Kerr, that c**t McDonald and a hundred others. 

75% of what McInnes has done, he's done right. That's pretty remarkable over a period of more than 7 years. In the same time, Hearts, Hibs and the Arabs have been relegated.  We have to take that into consideration.....the consistency of his record has been pretty remarkable.

At the same time, we all agree that we needed at least another cup win. He's been cursed over the years by bad luck with the draw, some shambolic performances when we needed more, and the fact that Rodgers put together an invincible Celtic team. 

It's a conundrum right enough. There will inevitably be a parting probably sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure that now is the time. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Is there actually any more to this than twitter rumours?

I was told by the same person I've mentioned to you previously. Didn't even bother mentioning it here as I thought it was complete nonsense. Made a subtle reference to it at the end of a post yesterday to see if anyone else had heard similar.

I wouldn't give it anymore stock than a twitter rumour as they didn't mention who they got it from.

Strangely not overly bothered by the whole affair to be honest.

Whilst it is perfectly within the individuals right to sign for whoever he wants when current contract expires, from Wright's footballing career this is likely to be a bad move for him. 

Financially he'll be a winner of that there is no doubt.

From an AFC perspective, it is disappointing to have invested the time and money in him, supported him during his numerous injuries and be repaid like this.

Get it done soon as possible, if it's what he really wants. When all is said and done he is coming up on 24 and has only something like seventy five first team appearances. 

We've lost better than him before and will again.

Lets move on and file with the following

Jack (Rat)

Foster (Dick)

Just now, Sheep62 said:

Strangely not overly bothered by the whole affair to be honest.

Whilst it is perfectly within the individuals right to sign for whoever he wants when current contract expires, from Wright's footballing career this is likely to be a bad move for him. 

Financially he'll be a winner of that there is no doubt.

From an AFC perspective, it is disappointing to have invested the time and money in him, supported him during his numerous injuries and be repaid like this.

Get it done soon as possible, if it's what he really wants. When all is said and done he is coming up on 24 and has only something like seventy five first team appearances. 

We've lost better than him before and will again.

Lets move on and file with the following

Jack (Rat)

Foster (Dick)

As much as I think you're being the sensible one here I'm just not sure if we can afford to let him go without replacement.

I reckon the club will be looking to get as much off the McCrorie fee as possible.

Are the league rules still that you can only have one loan player from a team at any time?

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

As much as I think you're being the sensible one here I'm just not sure if we can afford to let him go without replacement.

I reckon the club will be looking to get as much off the McCrorie fee as possible.

Are the league rules still that you can only have one loan player from a team at any time?

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LOAN PLAYERS AT ANY CLUB AT ANY ONE TIME INCREASED TO SIX...

Following a recommendation from the Coronavirus Joint Response Regulation Sub-Group, the SPFL Board has approved new regulations regarding loans between SPFL clubs for the 2020/21 season.

In summary, in relation to domestic loans an SPFL club is now permitted to have registered to it:

(i) a maximum of 6 players on loan at any one time plus any approved emergency goalkeeper (increased from 4);  

(ii) a maximum of 2 players on loan at any one time from another club in the same SPFL division (increased from 1); and    

(iii) a maximum of 4 players on loan at any one time from another club in a different SPFL division (increased from 2).  

12 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LOAN PLAYERS AT ANY CLUB AT ANY ONE TIME INCREASED TO SIX...

Following a recommendation from the Coronavirus Joint Response Regulation Sub-Group, the SPFL Board has approved new regulations regarding loans between SPFL clubs for the 2020/21 season.

In summary, in relation to domestic loans an SPFL club is now permitted to have registered to it:

(i) a maximum of 6 players on loan at any one time plus any approved emergency goalkeeper (increased from 4);  

(ii) a maximum of 2 players on loan at any one time from another club in the same SPFL division (increased from 1); and    

(iii) a maximum of 4 players on loan at any one time from another club in a different SPFL division (increased from 2).  

Loan rumours making a bit more sense then.

5 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

😂

Been called a lot of things on here o'er the years but never that 😉

There's a first for everything.