The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp

Sadly, with no new signings coming in (especially up front) it seems inevitable that we're going to be subjected to the same turgid guff that has cursed us for the last couple of years.

We desperately need to find an attacking formula that will work with either Cosgrove or Main in the team, because we really have nobody else.

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sadly, with no new signings coming in (especially up front) it seems inevitable that we're going to be subjected to the same turgid guff that has cursed us for the last couple of years.

We desperately need to find an attacking formula that will work with either Cosgrove or Main in the team, because we really have nobody else.

with having four out of contract in January (i know one has re-signed already) it would be strange if we choose to not twist on anyone.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

with having four out of contract in January (i know one has re-signed already) it would be strange if we choose to not twist on anyone.

Leigh and Hoban (both extended).
Watkins not returning this season already been said.

Trying to keep Edmondsson.

Brought Anderson and Virtannen back.

Don’t see much scope there.

37 minutes ago, big al said:

Leigh and Hoban (both extended).
Watkins not returning this season already been said.

Trying to keep Edmondsson.

Brought Anderson and Virtannen back.

Don’t see much scope there.

Woods, Watkins and Edmondson could all leave yet.

Leigh should have left if we had no money.

Virtanen should not have been recalled if we are skint.

Anderson was forced upon us. Hopefully scores today to repay us

23 minutes ago, d31 said:

Woods, Watkins and Edmondson could all leave yet.

Leigh should have left if we had no money.

Virtanen should not have been recalled if we are skint.

Anderson was forced upon us. Hopefully scores today to repay us

I doubt Arbroath would have been paying a huge amount of Virtanen's wage outside of appearance bonuses. I was under the impression players on loan to part-time teams train with us during the week as teams like Arbroath only train twice a week or so.

If Anderson gets a chance today I’ll be very surprised.

Just now, AngusTheBull said:

I doubt Arbroath would have been paying a huge amount of Virtanen's wage outside of appearance bonuses. I was under the impression players on loan to part-time teams train with us during the week as teams like Arbroath only train twice a week or so.

If Anderson gets a chance today I’ll be very surprised.

Indeed, in fact Dick Campbell was raging with Virtanen over December for playing for our reserves, picking up a knock and not saying anything. He was hooked at half time for Arbroath as he was unfit :lol:

Edmondson has returned to Leeds United.

Good luck to him - given we already have two robust forwards, hopefully this opens up space to do some kind of business in a more priority position - even if it's a loan on 31st Jan.

59 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Good luck to him - given we already have two robust forwards, hopefully this opens up space to do some kind of business in a more priority position - even if it's a loan on 31st Jan.

The young lad must have wondered what happened? Seemed to be doing well then Curtis Main became a must start player in nobodies eyes but the manager.

Other than the Hamilton game not sure edmondson ever really showed his worth. Albeit he didn’t get a great deal of opportunity. if both he and main are shite I suppose it’s in mcinnes’ interest to keep our actual player happy rather than the January loanee 🤷🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Other than the Hamilton game not sure edmondson ever really showed his worth. Albeit he didn’t get a great deal of opportunity. if both he and main are shite I suppose it’s in mcinnes’ interest to keep our actual player happy rather than the January loanee 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I think that's a lot to do with it but even in his fleeting moments before the Hamilton game I thought he did well and offered something different.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Doubt it

Anderson will take his place on the bench for the remainder of season before being released.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The time has come for Dean Campbell to show exactly why it is that he's getting a game. 

Once again yesterday, the match just passed him by. He gets a foot in once or twice and breaks up an attack, but that seems to be about it. For the rest of the time he seems content to let Ferguson (and McCrorie) do all the hard work. 

McInnes seems to see something in him, but I'm just not getting it. Looks like a waste of a shirt at the moment. 

Feel for Deano as he does get chucked into the deep end some times. Things are a bit stop start for him and to be thrown in and to stamp your authority on games can't be particularly easy. Thought he was alright the other week against St J. 

Probably someone who needs a loan but it won't happen. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Feel for Deano as he does get chucked into the deep end some times. Things are a bit stop start for him and to be thrown in and to stamp your authority on games can't be particularly easy. Thought he was alright the other week against St J. 

Probably someone who needs a loan but it won't happen. 

I agree he needs to go out on loan. It's also difficult for him, because naturally he's going to get compared to Ferguson and McCrorie,  who are both brick shithouses and in lots of ways the kind of absolute freaks we haven't had since the days of Simmie and Neale Cooper.....youngsters that come into the side and instantly have not only a physical, but a leadership presence.

Still, it's a man's game and Campbell is taking up a shirt. At the moment he isn't offering enough.

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree he needs to go out on loan. It's also difficult for him, because naturally he's going to get compared to Ferguson and McCrorie,  who are both brick shithouses and in lots of ways the kind of absolute freaks we haven't had since the days of Simmie and Neale Cooper.....youngsters that come into the side and instantly have not only a physical, but a leadership presence.

Still, it's a man's game and Campbell is taking up a shirt. At the moment he isn't offering enough.

Laughable trying to compare him to McCrorie but you are correct with Ferguson.

Dean needs to step up and offer a bit more. Derek likes a midfielder who can sit on the ball and make the simple passes but we need more with the current system.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Laughable trying to compare him to McCrorie but you are correct with Ferguson.

Dean needs to step up and offer a bit more. Derek likes a midfielder who can sit on the ball and make the simple passes but we need more with the current system.

You can just about get away with Dean's role in a 3 man midfield but not two.

It's almost unfair on him playing him in a two as he doesn't have it in his locker to contribute enough (yet?), let alone against the best team in the country.