The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Scott Wright wants to look at going elsewhere according to the evening express. Apparently it’s a quote from Mcinnes himself so doesn’t sound good.

That's not even half a good season he's put in after the club paying for training and treatment. Wee shite. 

He's not at an age where he'll get bought as a punt/project either. 

I'll wait to see what transpires before calling for a lynching, but I'll be sharpening the pitchfork. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'll wait to see what transpires before calling for a lynching, but I'll be sharpening the pitchfork. 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him head south before slinking back o'er the border within eighteen months to the likes of Killie, Motherwell or St Johnstone

Can't blame him for looking at his options. His stock is as high as its ever been you'd imagine. This could be Mcinnes just putting a wee bit of pressure on him to decide.

ETA - I reserve my right to delete this and post something more pitchforky

Edited by Dons_1988

I can’t imagine there will be bids of significant value to take him in January but am I right in that because he’s still 23 we’d be due some kind of fee even if he leaves with freedom of contract in the summer?

Wouldn't be a big fee either I’d guess but at least it’d be something.

57 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Scott Wright wants to look at going elsewhere according to the evening express. Apparently it’s a quote from Mcinnes himself so doesn’t sound good.

Shat it from Stevie's Swashbuckling Sevco. Can't say I'm surprised it's rather common.

I wonder if McInnes is making those comments with half an eye on the possibility of Wright leaving this month. Whilst it is obviously his right to peruse his options, it does stick in the craw a bit that he seemingly isn't going to repay some of the loyalty shown to him over the last couple of years. 

Leigh extending until the end of the season makes sense, I suppose. Not a player we would ideally want to become too reliant on, though. 

40 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

it does stick in the craw a bit that he seemingly isn't going to repay some of the loyalty shown to him over the last couple of years. 

He's 23, has finally got a consistent run in the team, and your manager is attempting to sign a 30yo winger to take his place.

He'd be mental to not try and get an English club just now, as he'll inevitably be plonked on the bench for the next 5 months.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's 23, has finally got a consistent run in the team, and your manager is attempting to sign a 30yo winger to take his place.

He'd be mental to not try and get an English club just now, as he'll inevitably be plonked on the bench for the next 5 months.

There's not even any convincing evidence that McInnes is trying to sign Mackay-Steven, let alone bring him back to take Wright's place in the team. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some take this.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Some take this.

Yes.

Young, injury prone, fringe player uses run in side to earn big move before being replaced by better player ruins chances.

A crazy take.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

Young, injury prone, fringe player uses run in side to earn big move before being replaced by better player ruins chances.

A crazy take.

He was literally thrown back in to the team at the first available opportunity. The manager has consistently mentioned how much we missed him since he was injured. He wasn't going to be benched for 5 months.

He was anything but a fringe player this year. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He was anything but a fringe player this year. 

That's my point.

He's injury riddled and it looks like you're going to sign a better winger.

Be aswell trying for a move now than when he's inevitably out the team again. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's my point.

He's injury riddled and it looks like you're going to sign a better winger.

Be aswell trying for a move now than when he's inevitably out the team again. 

Wright isn’t even a winger.

Yer talking shite bud. He’s showing himself to be a mercenary, nothing more.

Only just establishing himself as a regular starter, and has been well supported by the club for several years. 

If he doesn’t want to stay , get shot of him ASAP. And please don’t re sign in a couple of years.