The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm talking about come the summer time. His contract expires in the summer. I don't see it being renewed.

I wish I had your confidence. It's not a good look for McInnes this far into his tenure that Main is his first-choice striker, and it's not the best look for Cosgrove either. 

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

EXCLUSIVE: Championship duo battling Scottish quartet for free striker (teamtalk.com)

Barnsley had already shown an interest in the 24-year-old – who has been capped by Scotland – and now they are ready to offer him a pre-contract in January.

A number of Championship rivals are also believed to be looking including Luton, but he will also have the chance to remain in Scotland.

We understand Aberdeen, Hibernian, Hearts and St Mirren are all looking to open talks with him over a free transfer move in the summer.

Brophy recently reached 100 league appearances for Kilmarnock. In that time, he has scored 29 goals.

So far this season, he has scored two goals from eight starts in the Scottish Premiership. Last season, he managed nine goals from 24 starts.

Well if it comes down to money and it often does, then none of the four named Scottish clubs are winning that race.

Can't understand why Hibs would be interested given what they already have unless of course they're about to cash in on Nisbet and take a decent profit

58 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

According the ITK's and rumours we are offering contracts to Allan Campbell, Ross Stewart and Brophy. We are also supposedly trying to sign Chris Cadden or Stephen O'Donnell and GMS is also apparently in McInnes thoughts.

To be honest, there is nothing in any of that that any of us couldn't have gathered from online media

Give me the out of left wing name and your credibility could  soar

Edited by Sheep62

55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

According the ITK's and rumours we are offering contracts to Allan Campbell, Ross Stewart and Brophy. We are also supposedly trying to sign Chris Cadden or Stephen O'Donnell and GMS is also apparently in McInnes thoughts.

1 )  If true , wow !

2 )  the team with by far the most Scottish players in the Premiership ?!

Would be interesting to know what Cormack privately thinks about the current situation. The hatred towards Mcinnes by a growing section of our support is quickly becoming poisonous (I don’t include myself in this).

I just think that in the social media generation, these types can make themselves prominent and possibly give the impression it is much worse than it is.

Things are often quiet on mainstream social media after a good result, but any slip up and these guys are all over it.

One of the mainstream social media sites did a poll and it was still over 75% for sticking with McInnes.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I just think that in the social media generation, these types can make themselves prominent and possibly give the impression it is much worse than it is.

Things are often quiet on mainstream social media after a good result, but any slip up and these guys are all over it.

One of the mainstream social media sites did a poll and it was still over 75% for sticking with McInnes.

Aye the extreme views are always the loudest. You like to think that boardrooms don’t succumb to the nonsense comments immediately after a match. 

25 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

1 )  If true , wow !

2 )  the team with by far the most Scottish players in the Premiership ?!

Tbf Hibs will be offering each of those players contracts as well. Most likely Dundee Utd and Hearts too. 

Findlay and Gallagher will also be in all our respective clubs monitors too.

Controversial on here but despite the dull/hoofball/pragmatic tactics deployed by McInnes I'm still right behind him and don't think there is anyone better available and hasn't been since McInnes joined us. Calderwood, McGhee, Paterson, Ebbe etc all struggled to get us to where we are now. McInnes at least hits the expectations of top 3 most seasons. The last 2 seasons we were very unlucky not to finish 3rd. This season is one of our highest points tallies under McInnes at this stage of the season. I'd be really disappointed if he left.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

32 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Tbf Hibs will be offering each of those players contracts as well. Most likely Dundee Utd and Hearts too. 

Findlay and Gallagher will also be in all our respective clubs monitors too.

Controversial on here but despite the dull/hoofball/pragmatic tactics deployed by McInnes I'm still right behind him and don't think there is anyone better available and hasn't been since McInnes joined us. Calderwood, McGhee, Paterson, Ebbe etc all struggled to get us to where we are now. McInnes at least hits the expectations of top 3 most seasons. The last 2 seasons we were very unlucky not to finish 3rd. This season is one of our highest points tallies under McInnes at this stage of the season. I'd be really disappointed if he left.

Controversial because it's not at all measurable.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Controversial because it's not at all measurable.

anyone who thinks we could find another manager to deliver a better performance over the 8-10 year period mcinnes is doing then their deluded.

Plenty managers could deliver a better performance over 1-2 years though.

It depends what you fancy and it's getting close to being time for a change. Soon.

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

anyone who thinks we could find another manager to deliver a better performance over the 8-10 year period mcinnes is doing then their deluded.

It depends what you fancy and it's getting close to being time for a change. Soon.

No. It's a stupid, lazy argument, no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

11 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think part of that consistency we've had has come down to not chopping and changing our manager every few seasons. We were quick to rush Calderwood out IMO. McGhee and Paterson are the stuff of nightmares.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think part of that consistency we've had has come down to not chopping and changing our manager every few seasons. We were quick to rush Calderwood out IMO. McGhee and Paterson are the stuff of nightmares.

Have you forgotten about the end of Calderwoods time? The football was grim, there was little money in the bank and he was refusing to give the youth a chance. McGhee was the wrong appointment.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/fixtures.cfm?fixture_id=4971&season=2008-09&squad=Senior

Look at our run of performances at the turn of the year.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No. It's a stupid, lazy argument, no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

It's fairly safe to say our next manager wont stay 10 years so its a moot point. It's very very rare in football for someone to stay that long so two in a row would be very unlikely

1 minute ago, d31 said:

It's fairly safe to say our next manager wont stay 10 years so its a moot point. It's very very rare in football for someone to stay that long so two in a row would be very unlikely

I genuinely think McInnes could be here for the opening of our new stadium. It could be another 10 years!