The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If I had a homesick player at the club who had 2-3 players ahead of him in his position, I'd send him home until January to see his family rather than have him sit on the bench every game and get 5 minutes up at Dingwall at most, that must affect your homesickness even more.

Dave Cormack seems to pride himself on clarity with fans, and this situation is anything but clear.

Presumably some form of deal where he either thrived at Aberdeen, got a move to England and Atalanta got their £800k back plus Aberdeen got what was above that, or Atalanta took him back whenever they wanted.

I doubt Aberdeen really spent a penny on him beyond wages.

9 hours ago, big al said:

Don’t hate him at all, that’s a ridiculous comment.

I don’t even mind him being in the squad. Could be useful off the bench for a goal and a different type of threat.

I just originally asked, wonder who will pay a decent fee for Cosgrove?. 
Goals or no goals, he is a very limited footballer. Poor control, does not dominate in the air, not pacy, can’t take a man on and doesn’t even have good workrate. 
No hate here bud. 
Cormack talking about winning things and improving the brand of football played etc. 
In that regard, I class Cosgrove similar to Considine, happy enough to be in the squad but won’t achieve those aims with them as starters every week.

We already had a 2.7 million offer for him. So its not hard to imagine who would pay good money for him id say.

Fair enough on some of the points. A portion of our support do truly hate Cosgrove though  . Some who couldnt stand him proving them wrong on initial assessments of him.

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

We already had a 2.7 million offer for him. So its not hard to imagine who would pay good money for him id say.

Fair enough on some of the points. A portion of our support do truly hate Cosgrove though  . Some who couldnt stand him proving them wrong on initial assessments of him.

A similar offer would be a great bit of business for the club, especially with the financial shortfall. 

On 28/12/2020 at 05:19, big al said:

It was fairly apparent in Anderson’s fleeting appearances that he had a good bit to improve, both in physicality and ability,to get a regular game for Aberdeen.

If that’s not happening at Ayr, then adios.

It’s definitely not happening at Ayr for Bruce. He’s being sent back to Aberdeen in January.

Been a total flop at Ayr, I believe it’s attitude rather than ability.

The last Dons player we sent back to Pittodrie with his tail between his legs was a certain Scott McKenna. 😂

14 hours ago, Hazbart said:

It’s definitely not happening at Ayr for Bruce. He’s being sent back to Aberdeen in January.

The last Dons player we sent back to Pittodrie with his tail between his legs was a certain Scott McKenna. 😂

Very true. But his attitude turned out to be top drawer.

16 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Mark Kerr upset with an Aberdeen players attitude smells like karma to me.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Seen a few folk mentioning this as he wasn't in their squad.

He's a different option but not sure if he's what we need.

He's only 24. He's been involved in the Scotland squad. He's actually got a better scoring ratio then Anderson, Main and Edmundson - I admit a desperate attempt to make him sound more appealing.

On his day he's a good player but I agree that although he may be marginally better then what we currently have he's not a massive improvement.  Same applies to Ross Stewart.

Looks like we may potentially see: Out: Main, Cosgrove, Anderson and Edmundson. In: Ross Stewart and Brophy. 

EXCLUSIVE: Championship duo battling Scottish quartet for free striker (teamtalk.com)

Barnsley had already shown an interest in the 24-year-old – who has been capped by Scotland – and now they are ready to offer him a pre-contract in January.

A number of Championship rivals are also believed to be looking including Luton, but he will also have the chance to remain in Scotland.

We understand Aberdeen, Hibernian, Hearts and St Mirren are all looking to open talks with him over a free transfer move in the summer.

Brophy recently reached 100 league appearances for Kilmarnock. In that time, he has scored 29 goals.

So far this season, he has scored two goals from eight starts in the Scottish Premiership. Last season, he managed nine goals from 24 starts.

A full swap of all our strikers would be really good, if possible. The fact that we’ve got Main, Cosgrove and Edmundson who are all pretty much the same player, to varying degrees of shite/arsed, means in games like today we are incapable of shaking it up. 

Stewart means we retain a bit of physicality and Brophy is more of a nippy attacker who can get in behind. He’s a decent talent who I think could do well for us. 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's only 24. He's been involved in the Scotland squad. He's actually got a better scoring ratio then Anderson, Main and Edmundson - I admit a desperate attempt to make him sound more appealing.

On his day he's a good player but I agree that although he may be marginally better then what we currently have he's not a massive improvement.  Same applies to Ross Stewart.

Looks like we may potentially see: Out: Main, Cosgrove, Anderson and Edmundson. In: Ross Stewart and Brophy. 

What makes you think that Main will be leaving? 

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can't see anyone taking Main plus he started the past three or four games hasn't he?

Anderson won't be away as he can only play for ourselves or Ayr.

From what I remember of Brophy he's a decent player but his decision making is terrible. Hits random shots from miles out that are never troubling anyone.

We don't often get to play on the break either which makes it difficult for folk to get in behind.