The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

fwiw I am all aboard the Stevie May silverware express and fully back our brothers in arms St Johnstone to lift the third biggest trophy in world football (behind the European Cup Winners Cup in second and of course the daddy of them all, the European Super Cup in first). 

It would be terrific to see a true hibsing on a big stage. It has been a while, and that patter well and truly ran its course in 2016, but it would be nice for it to get a wee revival. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I must say, St Mirren beating the **** last night makes me feel a little better about our latest  results v them. We were unlucky to come  up against a team just finding form when we had so many players out. I think the perception of St Mirren now is much more favourable than when we played them in the cup. 

The flip side is obviously, I am FURIOUS that hibs now find themselves in the semi final of an OF-less cup, something that weve just not had in the last few seasons. Even when we beat the **** (which we did twice in one season, both in glasgow, lest we forget) we end up having to play Celtic. Envy isnt a good look on me. 

Hibs do generally get very lucky in cup competitions. 

On the plus side, they're Hibs. As soon as they feel they're a stick on to win, something hilarious happens to them. 

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:
On 17/12/2020 at 16:42, G51 said:
Celtic game moved as well. Everyone seems to wanting an earlier kick-off for some reason?

So they can get up the road a bit earlier I would guess. If there were no fans to worry about then every midweek game would probably kick off at 3pm.

Not great for the tv as most work at 3pm midweek usually so unlikely.

22 hours ago, tarapoa said:

McInnes trying to explain the situation with our chronic injury list this season, a question put to him at the AGM, feels that Cormack Park could be to blame.

Back to Seaton Park and the dunes then?

Are you saying McInnes said Cormack Park is causing the injuries?

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Not great for the tv as most work at 3pm midweek usually so unlikely.

That's included in "if there were no fans to worry about too" - if it was just up to the footballers then they'd choose to work in the afternoon rather than traipsing across the country at 11pm after a game.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's included in "if there were no fans to worry about too" - if it was just up to the footballers then they'd choose to work in the afternoon rather than traipsing across the country at 11pm after a game.

Fair enough mate

Are you saying McInnes said Cormack Park is causing the injuries?

Words along the lines of the players “over-training”, just because they can now - and Cormack Park surfaces being different to what they play on and maybe their bodies not adjusting, leading to more muscle injuries than normal.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Words along the lines of the players “over-training”, just because they can now - and Cormack Park surfaces being different to what they play on and maybe their bodies not adjusting, leading to more muscle injuries than normal.

We've had dreadful injury problems every season the entire time McInnes has been at the club. That would suggest that either the training methodology or the staff overseeing said training are the problem.

Edited by Illgresi

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Deary me