The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

How many season tickets have Aberdeen sold for this season ???

Say 1000 or even 2000 fans are allowed in I take it they will all be season ticket holders by ways of a ballot for each game. 
Could end up messy you get a Hamilton game and your mate gets an old firm game. 
So with all the extra procedures that will have to be put in place and no paying customers how does the club make money ??

The big bucks are from hospitality and I’ve had hospitality at Aberdeen and there crammed in … this ain’t going t happen anytime soon ( hospitality I mean ) 

Genuine question how many paying customers do Aberdeen need through the gate before they make money from them 

Aberdeen aren't making any more money this season.

The plan was always that no one but season ticket holders would get in. They took that into account. They technically have the money they expected to use to let 1/3 capacity in for every game. 

However season tickets go on sale in March where they would be looking to take in millions to keep things running. With 10% of the city on unemployment benefits, a whole lot more damage to come, people having got to 0 games for their money and already down to 8000 holders this season, sales are in deep trouble. 

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It has been explained to him, many times, why his nonsense proposals were knocked back. That's one lie right away. 

The transmission rates change, which is why there can't be firm timescales. It's also why Aberdeen city is still at a higher tier as rates haven't been low enough for long enough. This is reviewed regularly though. You don't have to 'do' anything to Tier 1 other than the usual stuff, but an area is limited in what it can do, so often it's down to luck that folk don't do daft things that would increase transmissions.

No approach will change fans not being allowed in Tier 2. Cormack will simply have to accept that. Since no firm timescales can be put on when places move to different tiers and when things will change overall, what is the point in more meetings to hear Cormack bleat on about the same things? He and Aberdeen are ready to go when they are allowed. What will further meetings achieve?

I've explained already why and how Aberdeen won't get into tier 1 for as long as the tier system is in place.

It would have to drop to a sustained 7 cases or less a day to reach the rates that the Scottish government seem to want. Dumfries and Galloway just got there and their population density is 1/50 of Aberdeen. 

That's why Cormack is arguing for fans in tier 2, and the people saying you have to get in tier 1 and have to get the transmission rate down are fucking idiots detached from the population density and economic activity in Aberdeen City reality. 

20 minutes ago, snafu10 said:

I've explained already why and how Aberdeen won't get into tier 1 for as long as the tier system is in place.

It would have to drop to a sustained 7 cases or less a day to reach the rates that the Scottish government seem to want. Dumfries and Galloway just got there and their population density is 1/50 of Aberdeen. 

That's why Cormack is arguing for fans in tier 2, and the people saying you have to get in tier 1 and have to get the transmission rate down are fucking idiots detached from the population density and economic activity in Aberdeen City reality. 

Then tough luck. No fans for Aberdeen.

20 minutes ago, snafu10 said:

You understand you've just explained perfectly why we're not getting fans? 

21 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

You understand you've just explained perfectly why we're not getting fans? 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Indeed.

'We can't wait until tier 1 because Aberdeen is too risky for tier 1, so just let us gather in tier 2' isn't the most cogent argument.

The 3 storey Primark on Union Street has a capacity of over 300. It's indoors with no windows, there's no tracing and people moving about at random quite close. It's open 8am-8pm every day. You could have that amount in the South Stand for 2 hours every once in 2 weeks sat one per 26 seats. 1000 across just the South Stand could be 1 in 8. 

Wailing about saving lives, public health, crowds gathering and pissing the bed over something that blatantly has no risk compared to the other things open in tier 2 is a very strange argument to all of us with brains.

3 minutes ago, snafu10 said:

The 3 storey Primark on Union Street has a capacity of over 300. It's indoors with no windows, there's no tracing and people moving about at random quite close. It's open 8am-8pm every day. You could have that amount in the South Stand for 2 hours every once in 2 weeks sat one per 26 seats. 1000 across just the South Stand could be 1 in 8. 

Wailing about saving lives, public health, crowds gathering and pissing the bed over something that blatantly has no risk compared to the other things open in tier 2 is a very strange argument to all of us with brains.

You've not followed things one bit or are completely ignoring the explanations for the above that have been stated numerous times.

A shocking surprise for everyone I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, snafu10 said:

Didn't realise you had a brain. I now realise I'm out of my depth. Apologies.

1 hour ago, snafu10 said:

I don't agree with this but at the moment Aberdeen are very lucky to be in tier 2 which I think next week it could move up to tier 3. Grampian got a mention today on the stats which is a concern hopefully it is a outbreak at a factory or a care home or Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire will move up another tier next week. 

Edited by betting competition

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You've not followed things one bit or are completely ignoring the explanations for the above that have been stated numerous times.

A shocking surprise for everyone I'm sure.

I don't know what you're referring to. Do you mean about them being essential? Or the silly argument about how they get there and what else they do that day? 

4 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't agree with this but at the moment Aberdeen are very lucky to be in tier 2 which I think next week it could move up to tier 3. Grampian got a mention today on the stats which is a concern hopefully it is a outbreak at a factory or a care home or Aberdeen will move up another tier next week. 

2 of the last 3 days have been huge spikes in cases. They're normally explained a few days later as an outbreak in care homes or factories but I think Aberdeen will be moved up to tier 3 regardless because the case rate will be far too high. 

I see Mr Cormack is in the back pages again today, this time pushing for the worst iteration of the “Atlantic League” rubbish yet.

Lets go through the countries involved in this league:

Scotland - makes sense

Norway - yep

Sweden - some big teams there 

Denmark - aye go on then

Ireland - hahaha what

Irish domestic football isn’t even fully professional. The LoI is full of part time clubs. And it isn’t even the most popular football competition in the country, everyone in Ireland supports an EPL team. There would be zero interest in this competition in the Republic, you’d genuinely be better off trying Wales or NI.

These ideas are always shite but this is the worst one yet.

Given McCrorie has now accumulated enough bookings for a suspension, shouldn’t the SFA do the honourable thing and deem that he has already served it, given his two-match absence due to something that happened on their watch?

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Given McCrorie has now accumulated enough bookings for a suspension, shouldn’t the SFA do the honourable thing and deem that he has already served it, given his two-match absence due to something that happened on their watch?

Yellow cards in the league don't count towards Scottish Cup suspensions.