The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Quite like a lot of big target man types, he struggled to win over many of our fans - and was often chief scapegoat. This is because a lot of our mainstream social media types always need  one, even when things are going well.  A couple of high profile missed chances vs the uglies didn't help.

I liked him - get the right service in and there was a fair chance he'd win it - recall him being unplayable in the Maribor home tie, where Rooney kept missing sitters set up by Jayden terrorising their defence.  Then in the away leg, he was a the victim of the scandalous Bulgarian referee and was red carded - and he kind of started getting a similar bad rep here, especially when wonderkid Kieran was floored by him.

The fact Exeter sold him for a seven-figure sum into the Championship a year after him leaving us tells its own story.

I've adjusted my shit again, to equate for strikers who are setting up high quality chances for team mates, and yer man Cosgrove has now overtaken him.

He still comes out well though.

2020-11-27_20-46-20.png.49bdaa570944c5f8c97f69c74180bf16.png

*Stewart 18/19 includes his time at Kilmarnock.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Jayden was like a modern day/social media version of Ernie Winchester.

Ok, maybe not, big Ernie was a lot better, but he was similarly hammered for the slightest of missed chances.

Actually forget that Ernie had something like 70 goals in about 150 games, kill for that strike rage these days but he was the “boo boy” for a while

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

His actions recently over Covid and the manner in which he left Bournemouth were perhaps even worse.

This is when he didn't sign an extension to his contract at a club that was likely to be relegated, then let his contract expire, then signed for another club?  I never quite got why that was considered so controversial TBH, seems pretty normal.  

48 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Jayden was like a modern day/social media version of Ernie Winchester.

Ok, maybe not, big Ernie was a lot better, but he was similarly hammered for the slightest of missed chances.

Actually forget that Ernie had something like 70 goals in about 150 games, kill for that strike rage these days but he was the “boo boy” for a while

Ernie Winchester was the first Dons scapegoat that I can remember.

30 minutes ago, resk said:

This is when he didn't sign an extension to his contract at a club that was likely to be relegated, then let his contract expire, then signed for another club?  I never quite got why that was considered so controversial TBH, seems pretty normal.  

It wasn’t quite like that. His contract expired in June and the club asked him to sign, like loads of other players in England did, a short term extension to the end of the elongated season and then he would still have been free to find another club. But he didn’t want to in case he got injured, which could happen at any time anyway. He then made things a lot worse after Bournemouth had been relegated by saying that if had stayed with the club to the end of the actual season, he would have kept them up. Good luck to him if he ever has to play in Bournemouth again in front of fans.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It wasn’t quite like that. His contract expired in June and the club asked him to sign, like loads of other players in England did, a short term extension to the end of the elongated season and then he would still have been free to find another club. But he didn’t want to in case he got injured, which could happen at any time anyway. He then made things a lot worse after Bournemouth had been relegated by saying that if had stayed with the club to the end of the actual season, he would have kept them up. Good luck to him if he ever has to play in Bournemouth again in front of fans.

Just found the quote I guess you are referring to.  "I think I would have helped massively" or something of that ilk.  Quickly spun into "I would have kept them up" (apologies if there is an actual "I would have kept them up" quote that I have missed, I just did a quick search).  Yeah, I understand the contract extension thing... seems to be that every other player whose contract expired in June signed an extension, so he must too?  

I kinda get your point, and it seems to be the prevailing opinion, but I pretty much disagree.  He did the work he was contracted to do for his employer, declined an extension, then moved on to a new employer.  All the rest of it just seems to be standard issue fitba fans working themselves up in to a rage for no real reason, and projecting a higher standard of behaviour on to fitba players because .... well I don't actually know why... they're highly paid?   They're in the public eye?  

8 hours ago, resk said:

Just found the quote I guess you are referring to.  "I think I would have helped massively" or something of that ilk.  Quickly spun into "I would have kept them up" (apologies if there is an actual "I would have kept them up" quote that I have missed, I just did a quick search).  Yeah, I understand the contract extension thing... seems to be that every other player whose contract expired in June signed an extension, so he must too?  

I kinda get your point, and it seems to be the prevailing opinion, but I pretty much disagree.  He did the work he was contracted to do for his employer, declined an extension, then moved on to a new employer.  All the rest of it just seems to be standard issue fitba fans working themselves up in to a rage for no real reason, and projecting a higher standard of behaviour on to fitba players because .... well I don't actually know why... they're highly paid?   They're in the public eye?  

I apologise if you are a relation or friend of Ryan, but you’re really going out of your way to defend him. I suppose the simplistic way to look at it is that, again by his own admission, he was one of the reasons and part of the team that got Bournemouth into the situation that they were in, which was not irretrievable. So he should have signed the extension to try to help them out. When he signed his original contract it was supposed to be to the end of season 2019/20, so in my mind he certainly left Bournemouth in the shit.

I just realised that I can watch the st Mirren match, as my premier sports month of subscription from the semifinal doesn’t stop until 1/12/20.

Saturday November 28
St Mirren v Aberdeen – Live on Premier Sports, ko 5.15pm

Sunday November 29
Celtic v Ross County – Live on Premier Sports, ko 2.00pm
Falkirk v Sevco – Live on Premier Sports, ko 5.00pm

I don’t think Ojo or Campbell passed the ball forwards for that entire game. The drop off having the two of them in the centre was stark. We could probably get away with one of them alongside Ferguson, Mccorie or Mcgeoch, but  together they are a painful watch.

8 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I don’t think Ojo or Campbell passed the ball forwards for that entire game. The drop off having the two of them in the centre was stark. We could probably get away with one of them alongside Ferguson, Mccorie or Mcgeoch, but  together they are a painful watch.

They are too similar. One of them needed to be making a dart forward but they were both happy to sit back.

I'm a big fan of Campbell. there's a real talent there but he'll be playing Championship football in January if he doesn't step up.

He’ll have lost a fair chunk of support this week

Sadly probably have to include myself in that 

Could overlook the Sevco score but the team have been woeful against successive games against Hamilton & St Mirren

He’s not going anywhere soon but it is time for someone else to have a go 

Guest Bob Mahelp

We'll never win another game with the players we had out today. 

The midfield is a disaster. Ojo and Leigh nowhere near good enough, and Campbell has to step up, play 20 yards further forward, and learn how to stamp his authority on a match or he'd be as well fucking off to Arbroath or Ayr to learn how to play the game. 

Their inability to inject forward momentum into the game means that Hedges drops deep with his back to goal to try and become available for a pass.  10 seconds later the ball's lost and the opposition is on the attack. 

Kennedy and Hayes don't look match fit, and playing Main and Cosgrove together just isn't working. It all means that the ball comes back quickly to a defence that is creaking at the seams. 

I'm not sure what we can do about it, other hope that injuries clear up quickly and that we can get our SFA/covid players back. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He’ll have lost a fair chunk of support this week

Sadly probably have to include myself in that 

Could overlook the Sevco score but the team have been woeful against successive games against Hamilton & St Mirren

He’s not going anywhere soon but it is time for someone else to have a go 

Were you saying or thinking anywhere along these lines 7 days ago when we had been playing great stuff with our strongest team, and the squad and tactics put together by this manager? 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Were you saying or thinking anywhere along these lines 7 days ago when we had been playing great stuff with our strongest team, and the squad and tactics put together by this manager? 

Joey, looking at the team sheets is there any players from either the Hamilton or St Mirren team you'd have taken at Aberdeen before the game?

Cammy MacPherson maybe? That's about it.

Just because we're missing several players is no excuse for the absolute lack of fight shown by that team in the past three games. The manager has signed every single one of those players to a contract.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Joey, I know you’re President of the McInnes fan club but the 18 months prior to that have been pathetic

Anyone could see that a mile off today, so predictable and shite 

Dozen of awful signings over the last couple of years, so much money wasted and we have nothing to show for it 

I’m not a seething, relentless anti-McInnes bore but he’s been here almost 8 years 

We need a fresh pair of eyes 

Defending him to the death no matter what is genuinely bewildering to me 

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Joey, I know you’re President of the McInnes fan club but the 18 months prior to that have been pathetic

Anyone could see that a mile off today, so predictable and shite 

Dozen of awful signings over the last couple of years, so much money wasted and we have nothing to show for it 

I’m not a seething, relentless anti-McInnes bore but he’s been here almost 8 years 

We need a fresh pair of eyes 

Defending him to the death no matter what is genuinely bewildering to me 

What is predictable and shite is the reaction to the result tonight.