The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It would be absolutely unforgiveable if the club let Wright and McLennan sneak off like Fraser. It's unfair to tarnish both of them with the same brush as that wee snake b*****d just yet, but best not to give them the chance.

Edited by Illgresi

28 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It would be absolutely unforgiveable if the club let Wright and McLennan sneak off like Fraser. It's unfair to tarnish both of them with the same brush as that wee snake b*****d just yet, but best not to give them the chance.

Not much the club can do to stop them if their minds are made up. Hopefully they aren't though.

We'd get compensation for either this season, i think we'd lose that for Wright next year. It might be better financially to let him go this year if he wants to than to have a short term deal. Obviously a longer contract works better for the club but there'll be more to negotiate on that. 

I think you're being a bit harsh on Fraser. I don't recall him being duplicitous. I do recall him looking out for number one though, so f**k him anyway. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Not good news. Boy has no luck at all.

Shite

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would i be daft to claim Jayden Stockley was a good player for you lot in 2016/17?

No. I was always staunchly of the opinion Jayden was unfairly hounded out.

Boy just couldn't control his elbows.

ETA -not always a bad thing

Tierney.PNG.d6d67ce3ef481350b9334ab574b89f17.PNG

Edited by Dons_1988

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No. I was always staunchly of the opinion Jayden was unfairly hounded out.

Boy just couldn't control his elbows.

ETA -not always a bad thing

Tierney.PNG.d6d67ce3ef481350b9334ab574b89f17.PNG

Aye, I've got him in 16/17 slightly better than Cosgrove 18/19, 19/20, which ill admit doesn't feel right to me.

Just curious how folk felt about him. I've got him as your best striker in terms of "goals p90" from 16/17 to today.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I've got him in 16/17 slightly better than Cosgrove 18/19, 19/20, which ill admit doesn't feel right to me.

Just curious how folk felt about him. I've got him as your best striker in terms of "goals p90" from 16/17 to today.

He was decent, young and fitted the mcinnes target man striker mould. His goal against partick at firhill was a glimpse of what he could do. 
However he had multiple needless red cards and missed a sitter at ibrox at 0-0 which he just never recovered from. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Not good news. Boy has no luck at all.

It's truly fucking unbelievable how many injuries this boy has had. 

The club is cursed at this point in time...all we need is for Hedges to get a leg break tomorrow and we're back to a Craig Brown XI.

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was decent, young and fitted the mcinnes target man striker mould. His goal against partick at firhill was a glimpse of what he could do. 
However he had multiple needless red cards and missed a sitter at ibrox at 0-0 which he just never recovered from. 

Was his goal against Partick a long-range lobbed volley? Or have i made that up? 

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye. Was also a bit of an arse allegedly.

He was being given starts when a large percentage of our fanbase were yet to realise Rooney was past it.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Not much the club can do to stop them if their minds are made up. Hopefully they aren't though.

We'd get compensation for either this season, i think we'd lose that for Wright next year. It might be better financially to let him go this year if he wants to than to have a short term deal. Obviously a longer contract works better for the club but there'll be more to negotiate on that. 

I think you're being a bit harsh on Fraser. I don't recall him being duplicitous. I do recall him looking out for number one though, so f**k him anyway.

He lied to the club about some nonsense about losing his wallet as a reason for missing training, when in reality he was down in Bournemouth signing a pre-contract. His actions recently over Covid and the manner in which he left Bournemouth were perhaps even worse. He's shown himself to be the absolute definition of a modern footballer (that's not a complement).

Still not as much of a fucking dug wanking, rat b*****d as Jack though.

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

He lied to the club about some nonsense about losing his wallet as a reason for missing training, when in reality he was down in Bournemouth signing a pre-contract. His actions recently over Covid and the manner in which he left Bournemouth were perhaps even worse. He's shown himself to be the absolute definition of a modern footballer (that's not a complement).

Still not as much of a fucking dug wanking, rat b*****d as Jack though.

His decision to not sign with Bournemouth cost us far more than his decision to not sign with us didn't it? Vaguely remember the wallet story but didn't realise that was related to him going to Bournemouth. 

Jack was very definitely a lying p***k- worse than David Robertson in my book. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

His decision to not sign with Bournemouth cost us far more than his decision to not sign with us didn't it? Vaguely remember the wallet story but didn't realise that was related to him going to Bournemouth. 

Jack was very definitely a lying p***k- worse than David Robertson in my book. 

Very definitely cost us more, given the shape of the club at the time I think we'd have caved for a handful of magic beans.

Don't remember Robertson too well as I was only 7 when he moved, but at least he got us a fee.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would i be daft to claim Jayden Stockley was a good player for you lot in 2016/17?

Quite like a lot of big target man types, he struggled to win over many of our fans - and was often chief scapegoat. This is because a lot of our mainstream social media types always need  one, even when things are going well.  A couple of high profile missed chances vs the uglies didn't help.

I liked him - get the right service in and there was a fair chance he'd win it - recall him being unplayable in the Maribor home tie, where Rooney kept missing sitters set up by Jayden terrorising their defence.  Then in the away leg, he was a the victim of the scandalous Bulgarian referee and was red carded - and he kind of started getting a similar bad rep here, especially when wonderkid Kieran was floored by him.

The fact Exeter sold him for a seven-figure sum into the Championship a year after him leaving us tells its own story.