The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

41 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We have struggled in the final 3rd for most of this season,  but are slowly showing signs of improvement. 

With home advantage for the 2 games, I live in hope that we can at least get a positive result from one of them.

I posted after the game I couldn't see you going down. Looks like it's coming together now.

22 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Are you likely to have any of your injured players back for Saturday?

I'd doubt it. Campbell might be ready to play in midfield though.

I know that I shouldn’t, but I do get drawn to Aberdeen fans Facebook sites. There are people on there that wait to pounce on any defeat to do their “McInnes Out” stuff. It gets right on my tits and I have to hold myself in check not to reply to the shite on there. No credit given for the style of football played this season so far. No credit given for the fact that it’s our first away league defeat since last December. No credit given for the fact that it’s the first time we’ve lost a goal away from home in the league this season. No cognisance that we were playing a team that have won every home league match this season without losing a single goal, and are miles ahead of every other team in the country at this the moment.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know that I shouldn’t, but I do get drawn to Aberdeen fans Facebook sites. There are people on there that wait to pounce on any defeat to do their “McInnes Out” stuff. It gets right on my tits and I have to hold myself in check not to reply to the shite on there. No credit given for the style of football played this season so far. No credit given for the fact that it’s our first away league defeat since last December. No credit given for the fact that it’s the first time we’ve lost a goal away from home in the league this season. No cognisance that we were playing a team that have won every home league match this season without losing a single goal, and are miles ahead of every other team in the country at this the moment.

f**k me Joey, this being reasonable lark will never catch on amongst our support 😉

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think Mcinnes could win the league and you'd still have some fannies who might accept him until our first defeat of the following season.

I seriously considered not watching the game yesterday when the news broke about the under 21's. It was clear that yesterday would end up somewhere between a battling defeat and an absolute pumping.

In fairness to the Mcinnes out brigade, I suppose you could say that despite the players missing, the characterisation of the performance was similar to previous efforts in Glasgow. Sitting way too deep and way too passive. For me, the most frustrating thing is the lack of composure/belief when we do get the ball. As I said on the match thread, if you just hand possession back to them every single time then it doesn't matter who's in defence, you will lose.

I really wanted Ojo to show us something yesterday, but it's clear he is dross. No protection to the back 4 (see goal number 1 and penalty he should have conceded), no ability to get his foot on the ball/retain possession/dictate play and no creative ability. Move him on.

I was quite surprised to see Mcinnes say he thought the performance was alright, and then I remembered he's basically going to have to stick with that team on Wednesday night.

11 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Your last sentence there is spot on Dons_1988 although I'm not convinced he would have had a go at them even if he had options for mid week.

Who knows - I think it's quite clear when Derek doesn't have a great deal of faith in the players on the pitch.

He protected last seasons side quite a bit, didn't ever raise expectations of us competing with the OF as I think he knew we were a bit shit. Similar to yesterday. Contrast that with his pre/post match comments in the two recent Celtic games, he was quite bullish about our chances and clearly fancied us.

I don’t think that there is any doubt that we have our strongest squad for years. However, what  we don’t have is the strength of squad that can cope with eight of our best players being out at the same time. We can cope with two or three being out at once, but not eight. In particular our most important players this season, Ferguson, McCrorie, Hayes, Wright and Watkins all out, with two of their replacements, McLennan and McGeouch also unavailable.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t think that there is any doubt that we have our strongest squad for years. However, what  we don’t have is the strength of squad that can cope with eight of our best players being out at the same time. We can cope with two or three being out at once, but not eight. In particular our most important players this season, Ferguson, McCrorie, Hayes, Wright and Watkins all out, with two of their replacements, McLennan and McGeouch also unavailable.

There is a difference from playing sevco to Hamilton,I think the diddies are getting better you can't have it both ways.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea what that post means in relation to what you are replying to.

Just ignore him.

It's not the result I'm unhappy with. We just seemed to stop doing what we had been doing as soon as they scored. Nobody taking care of the ball. Add that to Hamilton getting a bit of belief and it was like de ja vu.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm not sure we'll ever have a the depth of squad to deal with that Joey, very few clubs can.

I think we saw what Campbell needs to improve if he's to be a really influential player for us. He was good at 1-0, very comfortable on the ball, controlling play etc but at 1-1 he lacked urgency, progressiveness with his passing and quality. He seemed to want to continue with that relaxed style of stroking it about the midfield.

I'm not blaming him, but Ferguson/McCrorie would have stepped up the pace and tried to force matters more. He needs to have that bravery.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not sure we'll ever have a the depth of squad to deal with that Joey, very few clubs can.

That was kinda my point. 

And it gets on my wick every time we don’t win the vocal tossers in our support are right in about the manager and team. What’s the matter with enjoying our wins, which have been many this season so far, enjoying the style of football this season, which in the main has been exciting stuff, and if we lose or draw a match, accept it for what it is and move on to the next match. Utopia!

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think we saw what Campbell needs to improve if he's to be a really influential player for us. He was good at 1-0, very comfortable on the ball, controlling play etc but at 1-1 he lacked urgency, progressiveness with his passing and quality. He seemed to want to continue with that relaxed style of stroking it about the midfield.

I'm not blaming him, but Ferguson/McCrorie would have stepped up the pace and tried to force matters more. He needs to have that bravery.

I'm a fan of Campbell, but as you say the form of Ferguson and McCrorie shows the level that he needs to reach. 

He seems to have plateaued at 'tidy'. But we need more than that from him. McGeough can do the 'tidy' job, and he does it better than Campbell. 

At the moment, he's well down the pecking order. He's still young and has good potential, but he needs to raise his game. 

30 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm a fan of Campbell, but as you say the form of Ferguson and McCrorie shows the level that he needs to reach. 

He seems to have plateaued at 'tidy'. But we need more than that from him. McGeough can do the 'tidy' job, and he does it better than Campbell. 

At the moment, he's well down the pecking order. He's still young and has good potential, but he needs to raise his game. 

Considering the disparity in wages and the fact Dylan us made of glass, I know which one I'd be going with.