The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I like McGeouch, but you just knew it wasn't going to be anything trivial as soon as he pulled up. Assuming it's a 3-4-3 on Sunday, it's a no-brainer that McCrorie and Ferguson start in the middle. If McInnes does want an extra body in there, more like a 3-5-2, which I don't think he will, Ojo is probably the only option, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I like McGeouch, but you just knew it wasn't going to be anything trivial as soon as he pulled up. Assuming it's a 3-4-3 on Sunday, it's a no-brainer that McCrorie and Ferguson start in the middle. If McInnes does want an extra body in there, more like a 3-5-2, which I don't think he will, Ojo is probably the only option, unfortunately. 

It'll probably persuade him to stick with the 343 (if he had been thinking of 352).

Kennedy, McLennan or Logan will get a start wide right. 

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

McLennan McCrorie Ferguson Hayes

Hedges Edmondson Watkins

Cosgrove and Wright on at 60 mins

24 minutes ago, d31 said:

It'll probably persuade him to stick with the 343 (if he had been thinking of 352).

Kennedy, McLennan or Logan will get a start wide right. 

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

McLennan McCrorie Ferguson Hayes

Hedges Edmondson Watkins

Cosgrove and Wright on at 60 mins

Yeah, I think it will be something like that, although I'd prefer Cosgrove to Edmondson if he is ready to start (and probably Kennedy for McLennan too, but that seems less likely). Could even play Wright on the left of the front three and move Watkins central. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, I think it will be something like that, although I'd prefer Cosgrove to Edmondson if he is ready to start (and probably Kennedy for McLennan too, but that seems less likely). Could even play Wright on the left of the front three and move Watkins central. 

Yea there is plenty permutations. I'd prefer Kennedy too if he is ready.

Neutral on Wright start/sub but I think it may be better to have Cosgrove as a sub as he was very effective coming on at the end. He was winning everything.

3 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I don’t get the whole bring Wright on when they’re getting tired thing.
We’ve found ourselves 3-0 down against them at hampden far too often to sit and wait.

He’s playing well, get him on from the start.

I would have no problem with Wright starting and I think the 'he only plays well for 20 minutes' argument is demonstrably untrue, but I also think Hedges, Watkins and Cosgrove is probably the best bet as a front three for this game. You would have to leave out one of them to accommodate Wright, which is difficult - Watkins and Hedges have been great recently and are as good as automatic starters if they are fit; I suppose if Cosgrove isn't fully fit you could move Watkins into the middle and take in Wright, but I think Cosgrove with his physical presence, goal threat and ability to occupy defenders has an important tactical role to play here. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I don’t get the whole bring Wright on when they’re getting tired thing.
We’ve found ourselves 3-0 down against them at hampden far too often to sit and wait.

He’s playing well, get him on from the start.

Won't happen. It's too much of a risk to start Wright and then see him drop out of the game completely after 25 mins. 

It's a stick on that he'll replace Edmondson with Cosgrove and drop Watkins deeper. Ojo is a feckin bombscare, so I'm hoping that he'll replace McGeough with Kennedy. 

That offers us decent balance with pace and attacking threat from both wing backs. In all honesty, it's probably the best XI we'll have put out all season. 

Hedges and Watkins are no brainers. It's one from Wright, Cosgrove or Edmondson knowing that Wright may drift out of game before the game opens up and also knowing Cosgrove has only played 30 mins in the last 7.5 months.

I'd punt for Edmondson.

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Ojo will likely have to start when Aberdeen visit Ibrox

Cross that bridge after the next two games. Not even worth thinking about until we know who is fit and available.

21 minutes ago, d31 said:

Cross that bridge after the next two games. Not even worth thinking about until we know who is fit and available.

25 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Ojo will likely have to start when Aberdeen visit Ibrox

What's the deal with Campbell? Is he injured? 

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Nobody mentioned the carry on with Logan and a local plumber? Sad days boys.

Excruciating stuff

Do some people just hit a certain age, about 14 in this guy’s case, and just stop mentally maturing?

Imagine playing all that out on Twitter 

How was that ever going to go well for the daft c**t?