The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

From Richard Gordon’s ‘Tales From The Dugout’:

“Referee Kenny Clark, when he was fourth official as the Dons were being routed by Motherwell,

“Ebbe turns to me and says, ‘I want to make a substitution’. I remind him I need the numbers of the players going on and coming off so that I can input them into my electronic board. He returns with the sheet, but it’s only got the number of the player he wants to put on. I tell him I need to know who he wants subbed off, and he replies, ‘You pick. They’re all pish’.”

Did he not describe Lovenkrands as ‘faster than a bag of cheetahs’ ? Different class.

RIP Ebbe.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Just had a wee look back to remind me of the players we had during Ebbe's tenure. There's a few gems dotted about, but generally what a frightening amount of pish. No wonder he didn't have the best record.

Aye but he signed a lot of them!

I mind seeing Ebbe at Borough Briggs at a pre season friendly. I was stood just behind the dug out (when they were still at the halfway line) and he was speaking to Jim Leighton.  He then whipped out the fag packet and pulled out the longest super king I’ve ever seen and sparked up.  Swear to god it was like drawing a claymore. What a guy.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And his departure paved the way for Steve Cider Paterson.

Aye, Stavrum looked like he should be on a bench at the Castlegate on a Tuesday morning, Paterson was on a bench at the Castlegate on a Tuesday morning.

Scott McKenna and Graeme Shinnie playing against each other for Nottingham Forest and Derby just now. The match is available on Sky Sports, and I'm sure extensive clips will be made available on most middle-aged Old Firm fans' Twitter accounts.