The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

You surely don't want to get rid of Tomas cerny? He's about the best back up keeper you could ask for, and one of the best keepers we've had at the club in the last couple of decades.

I'd love to see Leigh, Edmundson, Hoban and Watkins all sign extensions though and I agree about Campbell going out on loan, sitting in the stand will do him no good.

Totally agree with you. He's a brilliant goalie and we couldn't ask for a better back up goalie. 

Apparently, he was set to start a University course in Glasgow this September however Covid happened. Instead, he has postponed that until next September.  I don't want him to go however it looks like he is set to leave at the end of the season. Woods appears to be a decent backup. He won the league cup with Ross County.

No-one I've spoken to who usually doesn't go has bought any of the games. 
I live in the South of England an maby get to one game every couple of years. I am absolutely loving being able to buy a TV ticket to watch matches live i definately would never have managed to under normal circumstances.

In fact if TV guaranteed season tickets were available every year I would be first in line get that.

2 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

I live in the South of England an maby get to one game every couple of years. I am absolutely loving being able to buy a TV ticket to watch matches live i definately would never have managed to under normal circumstances.

In fact if TV guaranteed season tickets were available every year I would be first in line get that.

I'm also an expat in the uk and have spent more on watching the Dons this year than since last century. Ppv should have a role in the new normal. 

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Ppv should have a role in the new normal. 

It would need to be a delicate balancing act, as there's still a risk that the majority of fans would switch to PPV permanently, and you'd end up with so few fans at games it wouldn't be worth opening the stadium.

Guess we wouldn't know until it happened though.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would need to be a delicate balancing act, as there's still a risk that the majority of fans would switch to PPV permanently, and you'd end up with so few fans at games it wouldn't be worth opening the stadium.

I agree, we have a lot of central belt fans who may effectively never be back at Pittodrie for your run of the mill league game if PPV is the norm.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree, we have a lot of central belt fans who may effectively never be back at Pittodrie for your run of the mill league game if PPV is the norm.

Agreed, it would probably impact our Shitey tv revenues as well. 

I just want to see more games

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Agreed, it would probably impact our Shitey tv revenues as well. 

I just want to see more games

One of the biggest issues in making ppv new normal is people sharing logins / taking them to the pub, club etc etc.

Our football clubs are not unaware of this and I expect the ppv to disappear once we are (if we are !!) back to normal.

Someone at the club has forgotten to tell Ryan Edmondson not to do interviews with the Weegie press. Daily Record are rubbing their hands with a “Celtic and Rangers? Who are they? We’re going to batter the f*ck out of them and win all four trophies this season, no problem” type quote from the naive young guy.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Someone at the club has forgotten to tell Ryan Edmondson not to do interviews with the Weegie press. Daily Record are rubbing their hands with a “Celtic and Rangers? Who are they? We’re going to batter the f*ck out of them and win all four trophies this season, no problem” type quote from the naive young guy.

Like it though!

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

One of the biggest issues in making ppv new normal is people sharing logins / taking them to the pub, club etc etc.

Our football clubs are not unaware of this and I expect the ppv to disappear once we are (if we are !!) back to normal.

Correct

6 hours ago, Green Day said:

I wonder if they might do a season ticket plus TV option. I can’t always get to games due to work commitments. I’m enjoying the chance to see the games I would otherwise have missed. My son is too young to have made some of the evening games if these were at the ground, but without travel time can watch most of the matches at home. These are often bigger matches to work for TV scheduling as well.

Clearly I would like to get back to live games to cheer on the team, but I would value this option if it was available.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

According to Wikipedia, Ebbe Skovdahl passed away today.

Sad news. I liked Ebbe, his quotes, the conga etc but not regular 5-7 nil pastings. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/former-aberdeen-full-back-kevin-mcnaughton-boss-ebbe-skovdahl-was-ahead-of-his-time/