The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, BodDon said:

Devlin has an ongoing hamstring problem and he should be back after this international break.

I think Leigh coming in will help relieve the problem at the back, he'll play left centre half of the three at times.

There isn't any outstanding prospects at centre back in the youth team, no, unless we put Calvin Ramsay as a right centre half as he is a tall right back. Plenty of promising attackers however.

That's because we like to let them leave to go to Ayr.

3 hours ago, BodDon said:

Devlin has an ongoing hamstring problem and he should be back after this international break.

I think Leigh coming in will help relieve the problem at the back, he'll play left centre half of the three at times.

There isn't any outstanding prospects at centre back in the youth team, no, unless we put Calvin Ramsay as a right centre half as he is a tall right back. Plenty of promising attackers however.

I'm hopeful that Leigh is able to step into that back three, feel it would hugely benefit Considine to be able to play in the central position.

Specifically about Devlin, I'd much rather he was the like for like replacement for Hoban (if he is unavailable). Taylor doesn't inspire confidence at the best of times but if he is shifted wider, it really would worry. Getting dragged wider and potentially have to defend against wide players would be a major struggle for him.

Unfortunately, it's all relative and Devlin really hasn't been the same player he looked at the very start of his time at the club. Seems mad he was playing for Scotland last year.

Edited by ScoRoss

5 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
3 hours ago, Illgresi said:
That's because we like to let them leave to go to Ayr.

Bruce Anderson is in no way ready for the first team. Best place for him is on loan.

I was talking about Michael Rose and Sam Roscoe in reference to the comment about having no centre back prospects. But I was also being facetious.

13 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
35 minutes ago, Illgresi said:
I was talking about Michael Rose and Sam Roscoe in reference to the comment about having no centre back prospects. But I was also being facetious.

My apologies.

No problem, don't let it happen again. 😆

Delighted with Hoban signing an extension. Ideally he'll sign another extension in the coming months probably with an agreement that if a club comes in for him that he wants to move to we won't stand in his way. 

He's a cracking defender and hopefully he remains fit. Such a calming influence and really good at bringing the ball out of defence. 

52 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Delighted with Hoban signing an extension. Ideally he'll sign another extension in the coming months probably with an agreement that if a club comes in for him that he wants to move to we won't stand in his way. 

He's a cracking defender and hopefully he remains fit. Such a calming influence and really good at bringing the ball out of defence. 

That sounds like a shit clause. We'd be on the hook for wages if he spends 2 years injured but he can waltz off if he's not? Fair enough a £1m release clause or something but not a one way option. If he doesn't want to commit it'll be short term contracts. 

Agree that he's quality though.