The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So kind of what everyone was expecting his role to be then.

“With Scott McKenna leaving he provides us with another natural left sided defender. He can play left of a three, left centre back and left wing back, so he provides real competition in those areas.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Sky supposedly saying Aberdeen will make one more signing today. Assuming it must be the 3rd choice keeper unless there’s something out of the blue coming in.

Rumours of a keeper for the youth wasn't there? Which is strange as there's no development games.

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So kind of what everyone was expecting his role to be then.

“With Scott McKenna leaving he provides us with another natural left sided defender. He can play left of a three, left centre back and left wing back, so he provides real competition in those areas.

Hopefully this'll be an indication that he can play as part of a back three, ideally:

Hoban - Considine - Leigh

Would be hopeful to see two defenders as comfortable on the ball as Hoban and Leigh in the 'wider' positions and shield Considine a bit more.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I don’t know about guaranteeing a certain amount of involvement but didn’t St.Johnstone loan in a young striker from Millwall that they’ve just bombed out so it’s not like it’s that ridiculous a notion.

Rumours suggested he was getting paid next to nothing. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Sky supposedly saying Aberdeen will make one more signing today. Assuming it must be the 3rd choice keeper unless there’s something out of the blue coming in.

Hearts+v+FC+Infonet+Tallinn+UEFA+Europa+

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I'd say he's worth the gamble for any team looking for goals. I guarantee he'll be back in the top flight within 15 months. He'll score goals.

He'll grab 15-20 for Ayr this season

I wouldn't be so sure. If he doesn't score goals, and become a contender for Championship player of the season, then it's a pretty certain sign that he's not good enough. By the age of 22 it's looking increasingly like he isn't unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If he doesn't score goals, and become a contender for Championship player of the season, then it's a pretty certain sign that he's not good enough. By the age of 22 it's looking increasingly like he isn't unfortunately.

I don't think it was ability this time. He had his chance and then fucked it catching covid. We were then desperate for another striker and then he got injured too!

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think it was ability this time. He had his chance and then fucked it catching covid. We were then desperate for another striker and then he got injured too!

They've had their punishment for that though. I know everybody thinks McInnes has his favourites, but he would lose the respect of the dressing room if he treated some of 'the 8' differently to others.

When you look at a comparable young Scottish striker Nisbet. He's scored 6 and has one assist from 8 appearances this season (assuming wiki is correct). Anderson has scored less than that in his career so far, and he's only a year younger. Even Cosgrove is less than 2 years older and he's been our top scorer for 2 seasons in a row. I'd love to be proven wrong, but save from an absolute knockout season at Ayr, I would expect he'll be away permanently next summer.

Just now, Illgresi said:

They've had their punishment for that though. I know everybody thinks McInnes has his favourites, but he would lose the respect of the dressing room if he treated some of 'the 8' differently to others.

When you look at a comparable young Scottish striker Nisbet. He's scored 6 and has one assist from 8 appearances this season (assuming wiki is correct). Anderson has scored less than that in his career so far, and he's only a year younger. Even Cosgrove is less than 2 years older and he's been our top scorer for 2 seasons in a row. I'd love to be proven wrong, but save from an absolute knockout season at Ayr, I would expect he'll be away permanently next summer.

No I meant he got covid and a knock then missed games. Edmondson got injured and then we had to get Watkins in. He's now ended up fourth/fifth choice when he would have had the chance to be first choice.

He also didn't suit the style of football we were playing previously also. Hopefully he bangs them in and comes back in January ready to score goals for us.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

No I meant he got covid and a knock then missed games. Edmondson got injured and then we had to get Watkins in. He's now ended up fourth/fifth choice when he would have had the chance to be first choice.

He also didn't suit the style of football we were playing previously also. Hopefully he bangs them in and comes back in January ready to score goals for us.

Ahh apologies, I thought you meant that McInnes has stopped trusting him since the Covid incident.

Agree he doesn't suit the punt and run style of the previous two seasons.