The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Good move for him I think.

As I said it wouldn't be logical to have 5 strikers up until January so good that he's got a move. Interesting that it is a move until the end of the season with a recall in January, must be banking on either Edmondson or Watkins to stay for the rest of the season.

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Gallagher’s pushing 30 so not sure he would get that great an offer down south. Not that I hope we go for him either. Findlay I wouldn’t mind as much.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

Findlay however is another matter all together

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

When is he out of contract with us?

May 2021

This is make or break for him.

As others have said, think he might be like Shankland and only realise what is required when he has to permanently drop a level to make the step back up

2 minutes ago, d31 said:

The likes of St Johnstone should have taken a punt on Anderson with the promise to involve him in every game. Not a big deal when its 5 subs.

They probably don't think he's good enough, just like McInnes doesn't.

14 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

May 2021

This is make or break for him.

As others have said, think he might be like Shankland and only realise what is required when he has to permanently drop a level to make the step back up

Yeah very much so. Would much rather it was Main being shipped out than Anderson but Mcinnes clearly doesn’t rate him that highly so no point him hanging round just getting a few minutes every so often.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yea possibly correct and in any event probably better to go somewhere that is going to guarantee him a start and possibly guarantee support up front 

12 minutes ago, d31 said:

The likes of St Johnstone should have taken a punt on Anderson with the promise to involve him in every game. Not a big deal when its 5 subs.

Why would we do that? We've our own young striker to develop. As for promising to involve him in every game, ohh aye that'll work when he proves to not be good enough at this level. Great deal that would be for us!

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Why would we do that? We've our own young striker to develop. As for promising to involve him in every game, ohh aye that'll work when he proves to not be good enough at this level. Great deal that would be for us!

I'd say he's worth the gamble for any team looking for goals. I guarantee he'll be back in the top flight within 15 months. He'll score goals.

He'll grab 15-20 for Ayr this season

I don’t know about guaranteeing a certain amount of involvement but didn’t St.Johnstone loan in a young striker from Millwall that they’ve just bombed out so it’s not like it’s that ridiculous a notion.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Don't St Johnstone have Chris Kane and the boy from Millwall?

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

I don’t know about guaranteeing a certain amount of involvement but didn’t St.Johnstone loan in a young striker from Millwall that they’ve just bombed out so it’s not like it’s that ridiculous a notion.

theyve got a new israel striker but sometimes foreigners utterly bomb in scotland (lets see how celtic left back goes) for no known reason so its risky to depend on that. To be fair i was forgetting about hendry who is a good prospect