The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Bingo! 

I don't actually know if he's any good but i recall being impressed by sportscene highlights a couple of times and the biography fits a pattern. 

Whats the story with him? no involvement last 7-8 months?

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Bingo! 

I don't actually know if he's any good but i recall being impressed by sportscene highlights a couple of times and the biography fits a pattern. 

Aye, IIRC he's left footed as well. If you're looking at a McKenna replacement he ticks a lot of the boxes.

Edited by capt_oats

31 minutes ago, BodDon said:

I see there's someone claiming on Twitter that we are looking at getting in a third choice keeper, but surely that's just crap unless Tom Ritchie is getting put out on loan.

That would be an absolutely mental waste of money. Unless we're bringing in a young keeper with potential with a view to replacing Lewis long term. That would be a long, long term view though, as Lewis has got 5 years left at this level.

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That would be an absolutely mental waste of money. Unless we're bringing in a young keeper with potential with a view to replacing Lewis long term. That would be a long, long term view though, as Lewis has got 5 years left at this level.

Only heard fantastic things about Tom Ritchie though, I could see him as a long term replacement for Lewis. It just depends whether he wants to stay for the next 4-5 years being second choice to Lewis.

1 minute ago, BodDon said:

Only heard fantastic things about Tom Ritchie though, I could see him as a long term replacement for Lewis. It just depends whether he wants to stay for the next 4-5 years being second choice to Lewis.

Looks like he's only 17, so when Joe's contract runs out in 2024 he'll be 21 which is still a bit young for a keeper. That said, if he's good enough...

21 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Looks like he's only 17, so when Joe's contract runs out in 2024 he'll be 21 which is still a bit young for a keeper. That said, if he's good enough...

Could get two loans in before he's 21 so he's ready for first team football.

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's why Mair left.

Not sure his chances of first team football are any better at Norwich short or long term. Would imagine he's on a better wage there and the chance to develop at a Premier League (at the time) team would be hard to turn down.

53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not sure his chances of first team football are any better at Norwich short or long term. Would imagine he's on a better wage there and the chance to develop at a Premier League (at the time) team would be hard to turn down.

Yeah exactly. We were still training in fields at this point.