The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Wouldn't fancy Considine playing as a left wing back admittedly.

Yeah, I was more meaning left wing back, I'd view Considine as more of a centre back now, I'd imagine Kennedy and others will be ahead of Consi at left wing back.

I thought our fans overrated Leigh - he was a strong runner and decent in the air, but not the best technically and not great at actually defending. I wouldn't mind having him as a squad player, but Hayes is a far superior option at wing-back and I can't imagine him in a back three. 

Just now, Irrational Behaviour said:

If the left and right sided centre backs have scope to get forward then I can see Leigh playing there. 

You can definitely see that with Hoban bombing forward a few times last night.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean we still have Considine so it’s not the only left back.

Does seem unlikely to be a coincidence though. Can’t see Hayes being dropped and signing Leigh as a backup seems a waste. Can he play on the left of a back 3?

I definitely think he can. Was good in the air for his size and is well built.

I'm all for this.

26 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Wouldn't fancy Considine playing as a left wing back admittedly.

Hedges, Hernandez and McLennan can all play right wing back (I think McLennan could be good there) so Kennedy would be able to go left wing back if Hayes was rested.

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I can’t overemphasise how much I love having Tommie in this team.

Tell me about it ! He's so calm, makes everyone else in the defence look much better, and he's decent on the ball with good passing. Hope he stays here for a good few years, but I can see a return to the Championship ( or even Prem ) calling soon enough.

9 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Would be a decent signing - but a ridiculous size and strength of squad. Are we going to see Ojo and even McGeough shipped out?

No way McGeouch. He is firmly in the plans.

43 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Would be a decent signing - but a ridiculous size and strength of squad. Are we going to see Ojo and even McGeough shipped out?

Ojo just isn't good enough for us and can leave. Same applies to Main (Wasn't on the bench again last night). If those two left it would make sense keeping Dean Campbell and Bruce Anderson for backup.

McGeouch is a very good player and has been unfortunate not to start. He's done very well when played.

1 hour ago, scottorae said:

I would think Ojo and McGeouch to be kept as backup and maybe Campbell been loaned out?

27 minutes ago, scottorae said:

I really like McGeough, again found it odd he got about a minute last night tho.

Ojo can go, Main might go, I’d keep Campbell til Jan

"New striker would give St Johnstone a different dimension, says Craig Conway"