The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

So, we’re after the Motherwell guy, and not the St Mirren guy? Or is it both? Or is that Hibs?

Also, could people stop talking about selling Ferguson please. Don’t give anyone any ideas.

They are on the free transfer list for the summer. It would be standard that we should be looking at the whole list.

5 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

So, we’re after the Motherwell guy, and not the St Mirren guy? Or is it both? Or is that Hibs?

Also, could people stop talking about selling Ferguson please. Don’t give anyone any ideas.

We are after both Alan Campbell and Kyle Magennis. Both are out of contract at the end of the season. Its been reported that we'd always had intentions of attempting to sign the pair on a pre-contract in January however the recent Hibs interest has accelerated that. Much like the McCrorie deal.

Logan, Main, Devlin, McGinn and Cerny are all out of contract at the end of the season. They are all fringe players and some are verging mid 30's. I don't expect them to be with us next season. Taylor, Considine and Wright may be offered new deals depending on how they get on this season.

Ferguson will be with us next season unless we receive an offer we simply can't refuse next summer.

Campbell would be a great signing but I think he's similar to McCrorie, just a couple years ahead in playing time at this level, probably. Ferguson is also better deeper than advanced imo. 

Don't think Campbell would want to come somewhere he's not guaranteed to start every week as would be the case with us. However, if we want to begin to challenge for trophies, we need strong players everywhere and not just average squad players such as Ojo.

I really hope not. McRorie and Ferguson in centre midfield is really strong,  Mcgeough an option aswell when we play 5.
I'd much rather we signed a centre back to replace McKenna than move McRorie into defence.
I agree but it is not outwith the realms of a possibility.

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Campbell would be a cracking signing whether we have room in the team for him or not. This could be a great team for next season:

Lewis

Hernandez Hoban Findlay Hayes

McCrorie Campbell

Wright Ferguson Hedges

Cosgrove*

Of course if we were to receive an acceptable offer for Ferguson, Magennis could come in, in that role.

*Although Cosgrove would probably have to be sold to afford the new signings!

I would have Gallagher Hoban Findlay back 3

Kennedy/Hernandez for RWB and Hayes left

McCrorie and Campbell with Wright in the hole

A new striker (Kabamba maybe, I have always liked Brophy too) with Hedges 

Wright would have to up his game, still hopeful he can keep improving.

3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

bring on the silverware

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, big al said:

3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

bring on the silverware

That's a bit crazy. We've a great squad this year we should avoid changing too many at once. 

I can see us moving on a couple in January and a couple in the summer.

1 hour ago, big al said:

3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

bring on the silverware

Personally, I wasn't impressed by Brophy at all when Killie played us recently. He's not as good as what we have.

Kabamba looks a decent player going by his performances for Killie. However like Ross Stewart, Kabamba was poor against us. 

I quite like the idea of Liam Polworth - I believe he is an attacking midfielder. Both Motherwell and Inverness fans claim he should be playing for either half of the OF. He's referred to as a better version Scott Allan.

In a fantasy world, I'd like to see Polworth, Findlay, Campbell, Ross Stewart, Gallagher and Kyle Magennis all sign. Let Main, Ojo, Bruce Anderson, McGinn, Devlin, Logan all find new clubs. 

4 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Now that he has returned to training and the likelihood he will appear on the bench tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if an English Championship side comes in with an offer in the coming days.

Portsmouth are preparing a bid for Funso Ojo. Hibs really need to act now or they will miss out. 

If Ojo is leaving this window that would leave us with a 24 man squad. If Cosgrove is also sold we'd have a small amount to spend. I think we may see one last signing this window.....maybe Campbell or Magennis?

Edited by HarleyQuinn

17 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I quite like the idea of Liam Polworth - I believe he is an attacking midfielder. Both Motherwell and Inverness fans claim he should be playing for either half of the OF. He's referred to as a better version Scott Allan.

I mean, I'm a Polworth fan but this is an absolutely wild claim.