The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, d31 said:

You dont think Hibs are interested in campbell?

I think most clubs in our division would like him, maybe even Celtic/Rangers.

But that we are in for him? And the "gazumping" bit by you lot?  Entirely made up for effect by Scott Burns.

Same guy recently said Hibs were "trying to sign" Scott Fraser when he already knew the guy had signed a new contract. Next day "Hibs fail to sign Fraser".

It's laughable, and no Hibs fans take his scoops seriously.

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

I think most clubs in our division would like him, maybe even Celtic/Rangers.

But that we are in for him? And the "gazumping" bit by you lot?  Entirely made up for effect by Scott Burns.

Same guy recently said Hibs were "trying to sign" Scott Fraser when he already knew the guy had signed a new contract. Next day "Hibs fail to sign Fraser".

It's laughable, and no Hibs fans take his scoops seriously.

Ah ok and yes I saw the Scott Fraser one which was a bit of a boob

Daily Record claiming Dons want to look at Campbell as option in January or next summer but the Sun is claiming we'd be up for paying a fee now to get him.

It would be very very random for us to sign him unless we knew Ferguson was leaving soon

Unless mcinnes has an eye on using mcrorie in the back 3.

38 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

Unless mcinnes has an eye on using mcrorie in the back 3.

I really hope not. McRorie and Ferguson in centre midfield is really strong,  Mcgeough an option aswell when we play 5.

I'd much rather we signed a centre back to replace McKenna than move McRorie into defence.

8 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I really hope not. McRorie and Ferguson in centre midfield is really strong,  Mcgeough an option aswell when we play 5.

I'd much rather we signed a centre back to replace McKenna than move McRorie into defence.

100%.

When Hoban picked up a hand injury on Sunday I was worried about Hoban obviously but one of my first thoughts was 'shite McCrorie is going to be moved out the midfield'.

Goes from being an absolute powerhouse midfielder to an adequate centre half.

It'll be an interesting one to watch.

It felt like there was no interesting free transfers in spfl summer 2020 but there is going to be plenty summer 2021.

Campbell

Brophy

Findlay

Polworth

Stewart, R

Gallagher

Magennis

Pittman

and heaps of others too. Basically as no new contracts have been handed out in 2020 so far.

Aberdeen have a lot of fringe players too who would attract plenty interest.

1 minute ago, d31 said:

It felt like there was no interesting free transfers in spfl summer 2020 but there is going to be plenty summer 2021.

Campbell

Brophy

Findlay

Polworth

Stewart, R

Gallagher

Magennis

Pittman

and heaps of others too. Basically as no new contracts have been handed out in 2020 so far.

Hopefully we're not still interested in Pittman. Has Tansey written all over.

Edited by Merkland Red

Campbell would be a cracking signing whether we have room in the team for him or not. This could be a great team for next season:

Lewis

Hernandez Hoban Findlay Hayes

McCrorie Campbell

Wright Ferguson Hedges

Cosgrove*

Of course if we were to receive an acceptable offer for Ferguson, Magennis could come in, in that role.

*Although Cosgrove would probably have to be sold to afford the new signings!

22 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Campbell would be a cracking signing whether we have room in the team for him or not. This could be a great team for next season:

Lewis

Hernandez Hoban Findlay Hayes

McCrorie Campbell

Wright Ferguson Hedges

Cosgrove*

Of course if we were to receive an acceptable offer for Ferguson, Magennis could come in, in that role.

*Although Cosgrove would probably have to be sold to afford the new signings!

Why are you moving away from the sexy 3-4-3?

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That would involve moving McCrorie into defence unfortunately.

True. I really can't see Ferguson being here next year though.

A midfield two with a squad that includes Campbell, Ferguson and McCrorie would be ridiculous. The type of options you want to have at this level.

We've usually had a good to great XI at this level with not much on the bench.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

True. I really can't see Ferguson being here next year though.

A midfield two with a squad that includes Campbell, Ferguson and McCrorie would be ridiculous. The type of options you want to have at this level.

We've usually had a good to great XI at this level with not much on the bench.

We shouldn't be in a rush to sell Ferguson imo. Summer 2022 should be peak value for him, two years left on his contract by then.

I think McCrorie could play the Beckenbauer role very well, leaving space for a midfield of Ferguson and Campbell.

It really is an embarassment of riches when Hibs best player of the past decade is struggling to get off the bench!

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Regarding allan Campbell.

Scott Burns: Off the record, Hibs made the first move and asked to be kept informed. Motherwell have since had Aberdeen on and have now told Hibs that.

It's a decision for the lad.

Stay where he is and trust a big team down south will take a chance.

Move to Hibs and become an immediate first choice as I feel they really lack a player like him.

Move to Aberdeen (who I think have the strongest squad of the three) and potentially kick on in a strong team.

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Campbell

Brophy

Findlay

Polworth

Stewart, R

Gallagher

Magennis

Pittman

Already under Cormack we have increased the playing budget quite considerably. Had covid not happened I think we would have made a few big signings in the vein of McCrorie. In January we spent 900k on players as well as bring McGeouch in.

Those I've highlighted in bold are the players I think we'd be most interested in. I'd be ecstatic to see Findlay and Gallagher alongside Hoban in defence with McCrorie, Campbell and Ferguson in midfield.

If we sell Cosgrove (3 million say) and keep debt free until next summer (hopefully the world has rid itself of Covid) we may be in a position to compete and sign such players. 

Its all fanciful as an Aberdeen fan to be believe any of that will happen. We've made some brilliant signings already this summer.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

What about the lad Roscoe? He left to get first team football even though Mcinnes allegedly didn't want him to go. Isn't he a left sided centre back playing pretty well in the championship?

I cant see cormack pulling out the cheque book again unless we get good money for Cosgrove/Ferguson. I'd also like to see dean Campbell and Bruce Anderson out on loan to get game time, no point sitting on the bench or in the stands for the rest of the season.