The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, d31 said:

what sort of fee for magennis? you'd suspect we are not serious this summer

I suspect somewhere in the region of 200-300K. 

Hibs have possibly attempted to get him on the cheap (half his compensation value).

St Mirren are probably reporting it was a substantial bid to generate a greater fee.

With the sale of McKenna we could potentially afford to do a deal if McInnes wants him. 

It could be in St Mirren's interest to sell him now to help cover their forecasted losses over the next 6 months instead of losing him for nothing next summer.

55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It could be in St Mirren's interest to sell him now to help cover their forecasted losses over the next 6 months instead of losing him for nothing next summer.

They won't lose him for nothing next summer*. They'll be covered by training compensation for every year he's been at the club.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 10.14.32.png

* - unless he fucks off to MLS.

Edited by capt_oats

I think we may see Aberdeen sell Cosgrove in the next week for (2.5-3 million) and The Rangers/Celtic or English side put a bid in for Ferguson.

That may prompt Aberdeen to sign Allan Campbell for say 800k (or at least explain our interest in Magennis). We dished out the same fee on Hernanbez in January.

Would also keep us financially stable for the remainder of the season. Could be greedy and really p**s off Hibs by signing both Campbell and Magennis. Hibs can happily have Ojo.

I see Ross county are considering a bid of 300k plus significant add ons from MK Dons. I wasn't overly impressed by him on Sunday although he appears to be a very similar type of player to Cosgrove.

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think we may see Aberdeen sell Cosgrove in the next week for (2.5-3 million) and The Rangers/Celtic or English side put a bid in for Ferguson.

That may prompt Aberdeen to sign Allan Campbell for say 800k (or at least explain our interest in Magennis). We dished out the same fee on Hernanbez in January.

Would also keep us financially stable for the remainder of the season. Could be greedy and really p**s off Hibs by signing both Campbell and Magennis. Hibs can happily have Ojo.

I see Ross county are considering a bid of 300k plus significant add ons from MK Dons. I wasn't overly impressed by him on Sunday although he appears to be a very similar type of player to Cosgrove.

Not sure why Celtic or Rangers would sign Ferguson, or football reasons why he would go there. 
Celtic just signed Turmbull and not getting a game as an example. 
You may be right about Cosgrove, but I would be very surprised if Ferguson goes this season. 

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

They won't lose him for nothing next summer*. They'll be covered by training compensation for every year he's been at the club.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 10.14.32.png

* - unless he fucks off to MLS.

This prompted me to look up the spfl rule, they have £5k a season for 12-16 then £10k for the next 5 years. But that's the bare minimum training fee. Compensation will be set higher if the training club has spent a lot more, turned down bids, offered a high salary or if the player has played internationals. 

On a completely unrelated note, what's Cambell's contractual situation? 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This prompted me to look up the spfl rule, they have £5k a season for 12-16 then £10k for the next 5 years. But that's the bare minimum training fee. Compensation will be set higher if the training club has spent a lot more, turned down bids, offered a high salary or if the player has played internationals. 

On a completely unrelated note, what's Cambell's contractual situation? 

His current deal is up at the end of the season. Unsurprisingly been offered a new one. He joined the club in 2008: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/player/allan-campbell/

For comparison our training compensation fees that have come in have been £350k for Hastie to Rangers, £210k Ben Hall to Brighton and £500k for Lee Erwin to Leeds. Chris Cadden to Columbus Crew is still in dispute - the story was that had he went to Oxford we'd have been due €300k as they're a Cat III side.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

His current deal is up at the end of the season. Unsurprisingly been offered a new one. He joined the club in 2008: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/player/allan-campbell/

For comparison our training compensation fees that have come in have been £350k for Hastie to Rangers, £210k Ben Hall to Brighton and £500k for Lee Erwin to Leeds. Chris Cadden to Columbus Crew is still in dispute - the story was that had he went to Oxford we'd have been due €300k as they're a Cat III side.

Well done getting half a mil for Erwin. You'd be hoping for more than that for Campbell? Maybe we could use our Atlanta tie up for some unethical shafting. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Well done getting half a mil for Erwin. You'd be hoping for more than that for Campbell? Maybe we could use our Atlanta tie up for some unethical shafting. 

Considering they started Jon Gallagher and Jake Mulraney at the weekend Campbell would probably get a game for Atlanta now.

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Funnily enough there was a rumour about Hastie to Atlanta prior to him signing for Rangers: https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/17545591.rangers-pull-race-sign-jake-hastie-english-sides-atlanta-united-target-motherwell-kid/

Depends where Campbell ends up going. There's been rumours that a couple of Championship sides being particularly keen, Stoke being one - the O'Neill/Robinson connection makes that seem quite a good fit.

Just having a quick check, with Ferguson's tribunal the fee you paid to Accies was £237,950. Comparatively Ferguson had been at Accies from 2013-2018 and had 14 first team appearances. Campbell's been with us for 12 years (13 by the end of his contract) and is sitting on 131 appearances and 21 u21 caps.

I think we'd hope that a Cat II development fee would be significantly more than you guys had to pay for Ferguson.

I'd imagine our position is probably similar to it was when Moult was heading out of contract in so much as Campbell's has more value to us in the side just now and we also have the protection of training comp next year (which we obviously didn't have with Moult).

Edited by capt_oats

Daily Record claiming Dons want to look at Campbell as option in January or next summer but the Sun is claiming we'd be up for paying a fee now to get him.

It would be very very random for us to sign him unless we knew Ferguson was leaving soon

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Could be greedy and really p**s off Hibs by signing both Campbell and Magennis. Hibs can happily have Ojo.

The "Campbell interest from Hibs" is entirely a fabrication from his agent and regurgitated by that journo, and Ojo isn't  Ross type of player.

Aye, we are seething about it right enough.............

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The "Campbell interest from Hibs" is entirely a fabrication from his agent and regurgitated by that journo, and Ojo isn't  Ross type of player.

Aye, we are seething about it right enough.............

You dont think Hibs are interested in campbell?