The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

35 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Decent read.

Quite a good article to read. I do fear that even one injury in any of the positions apart from wing backs and we don't have a like for like replacement for any of those other 8 players in the squad, maybe McGinn in behind the striker at a push.

Edited by BodDon

1 minute ago, TommyDickFingers said:

All for spending money on more midfielders just for the banter if true.

Just to hear Hibs fans rage again 🤣 don't even think we have a scouting team anymore, just sign who Hibs want.

1 hour ago, BodDon said:

Hibs have had two bids rejected for Kyle Magennis and we are apparently interested. Strange one as we certainly don't need another midfielder.

Where you hearing this?

I read on Hibs.net months ago that they were interested in him. 

I don't know how he would fit into our current squad. Ferguson, McCrorie and McGeough are all doing well.

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Where you hearing this?

I read on Hibs.net months ago that they were interested in him. 

I don't know how he would fit into our current squad. Ferguson, McCrorie and McGeough are all doing well.

Tweet has since been deleted. 

I could see us possibly being interested on a pre-contract, young Scottish talent.

IMG_5105.jpg

5 minutes ago, BodDon said:

I could see us possibly being interested on a pre-contract, young Scottish talent.

IMG_5105.jpg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6094019/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-premiership-latest/

Just read it in the Sun. Apparently a substantial bid by Hibs has been turned down. 

Ojo out and Magennis in?

32 minutes ago, BodDon said:

IMG_5105.jpg

A pre-contract would cost Aberdeen probably in the mid six figures. 

Magennis has been with us since he was 6, so the development fee would be sustantial.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A pre-contract would cost Aberdeen probably in the mid six figures. 

Magennis has been with us since he was 6, so the development fee would be sustantial.

Still surely would be cheaper than any bids we can place right now? 

And also we will know much more about our finances than we do right now in this uncertain times.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Love to see Hibs fans furious that we apparently look to see who they're signing and then come in with more money.

A more likely scenario may be the agent making both clubs aware of the availability...

With St Mirren also confirming that they have rejected bids from Hibs, it sounds like they are trying to create a bidding war.