The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Similar to me. Normal RedTV shows the cast symbol on any video but the virtual ST link doesn't. I found going into the Google Home app (for chromecast) and setting up "mirroring" works for playing on tv

This is a bit off-kilter, but asking for a friend. Friend has a season ticket and bought a Google Chromecast to watch the matches from his tablet on to his TV. The casting is fine for everything apart from RedTV which doesn’t cast on to his TV. AFC can’t find a solution. Anyone on here have the same problem?

8 hours ago, wifie said:

Similar to me. Normal RedTV shows the cast symbol on any video but the virtual ST link doesn't. I found going into the Google Home app (for chromecast) and setting up "mirroring" works for playing on tv

Thanks. I’ll get him to give that a try.

On 25/09/2020 at 21:58, DrewDon said:

"Rangers Spares" clearly having a very normal Friday night. 

Incredible lack demonstration of lack of understanding of the game by the *** keyboard warrior.

Experts agreed that at the goal McKenna passed the goa scorer on to Harry Arter (I think that was who it was) as he dropped back to fill the hole, but hey ho don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory.

Reading Nottingham local press and fans forum, the fans seem to be delighted with McKenna's debut together with his central defensive partner and reckon thon boy you had on loan won't get back in the side in a hurry

Newco still fixated with the Dons even after McKenna no longer plays for us

Edited by Sheep62

With no Central Back on the bench today, it highlights the need for another Centre Back (even with Devlin still to come back). I'd even take a English loan, hopefully Cormack puts his hand in his pocket for some extra change.

40 minutes ago, BodDon said:

With no Central Back on the bench today, it highlights the need for another Centre Back (even with Devlin still to come back). I'd even take a English loan, hopefully Cormack puts his hand in his pocket for some extra change.

Moreover, time to get Hoban tied up on a more permanent deal now that it seems he can play a few games without breaking down - hope his finger's okay though - was that a dislocation?

Our only goal conceded this season with him on the park, was in Lisbon on Thursday.

Edited by tarapoa

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Moreover, time to get Hoban tied up on a more permanent deal now that it seems he can play a few games without breaking down - hope his finger's okay though - was that a dislocation?

Our only goal conceded this season with him on the park, was in Lisbon on Thursday.

Totally agree especially when he's fit, he's probably our best defender. Hope we have him for a good few years.

2 minutes ago, BodDon said:

Totally agree especially when he's fit, he's probably our best defender. Hope we have him for a good few years.

McKenna really upped his game this season and was absolutely brilliant. However I honestly believe Hoban is as good if not better. Had it not been for injuries he'd be playing in the EPL. He won't be here long before he gets a big move back down south. Hopefully we sign him up permanently.

I'm looking forward to Cosgrove coming back into the squad. I'd also sell him if someone does come in with a decent bid. Sign Watkins and Hoban up long term.

Despite that blip result last week (bad luck in the opening 20 mins) we have a really good squad. We proved that against Lisbon on Thursday. 

On 25/09/2020 at 17:19, kingjoey said:

This is a bit off-kilter, but asking for a friend. Friend has a season ticket and bought a Google Chromecast to watch the matches from his tablet on to his TV. The casting is fine for everything apart from RedTV which doesn’t cast on to his TV. AFC can’t find a solution. Anyone on here have the same problem?

Joey, a bit late now but if he has a smart tv (which he must as he's casting) then there's a good chance he'll have an internet app. I watch the games through this on my tv.

A bit of a chore but it works.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Joey, a bit late now but if he has a smart tv (which he must as he's casting) then there's a good chance he'll have an internet app. I watch the games through this on my tv.

A bit of a chore but it works.

Cheers Merkie, I'll let him know. He was actually able to watch today's match with the Chromecast, but he can't seem to be able on RedTV. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Cheers Merkie, I'll let him know. He was actually able to watch today's match with the Chromecast, but he can't seem to be able on RedTV. 

RedTV has become hopeless with Chromecast this year. I tried 3 times to cast the post-match videos this evening, and gave up. YouTube and BT Sport cast perfectly to the same TV, so I presume it's a RedTV issue.

17 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

McKenna really upped his game this season and was absolutely brilliant. However I honestly believe Hoban is as good if not better. Had it not been for injuries he'd be playing in the EPL. He won't be here long before he gets a big move back down south. Hopefully we sign him up permanently.

I'm looking forward to Cosgrove coming back into the squad. I'd also sell him if someone does come in with a decent bid. Sign Watkins and Hoban up long term.

Despite that blip result last week (bad luck in the opening 20 mins) we have a really good squad. We proved that against Lisbon on Thursday. 

I actually laughed seeing McGeouch come off the bench at 2-0. An embarrassment of riches for this level.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I actually laughed seeing McGeouch come off the bench at 2-0. An embarrassment of riches for this level.

How’s that?

Mcgeouch is a bang average midfielder, more of a 5 a side player, who is decent when in the lead and you just want to keep the ball a bit without trying to hurt the opposition.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

How’s that?

Mcgeouch is a bang average midfielder, more of a 5 a side player, who is decent when in the lead and you just want to keep the ball a bit without trying to hurt the opposition.

Any team not called Rangers or Celtic would be delighted to start him every week.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Any team not called Rangers or Celtic would be delighted to start him every week.

I’m not so sure.

Doesn’t score goals, make goals or prevent goals. Not box to box, no sign of a long range radar pass. 
Some would call that a passenger.
I would call him a short term ball retainer, as eventually it will end up back at the keeper who  will launch it.

Not interested in what he supposedly did at Hibs, whatever that was, it’s what happens at Aberdeen that counts.

10 minutes ago, big al said:

I’m not so sure.

Doesn’t score goals, make goals or prevent goals. Not box to box, no sign of a long range radar pass. 
Some would call that a passenger.
I would call him a short term ball retainer, as eventually it will end up back at the keeper who  will launch it.

Not interested in what he supposedly did at Hibs, whatever that was, it’s what happens at Aberdeen that counts.

Ok he's shite mate.