The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You have to admire the old firm fans on any notable post regarding McKenna. Going out of their way to let everyone know how shit the boy is.

Strange behaviour.

A good Scottish player had the temerity to develop at a Club that wasn’t there’s 

They’ll be fizzing again in two years when he moves to Everton for £40 million and scoops the Dandies £10 million :D

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Great deal for Aberdeen they’ve scored big time.

Clearly it's a great deal but the club (and the player) deserve credit.

A year ago he handed in a transfer request and the whole thing could have turned nasty. His form dipped but he's got it back in recent times and now both parties win.

40 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You have to admire the old firm fans on any notable post regarding McKenna. Going out of their way to let everyone know how shit the boy is.

Strange behaviour.

Seen plenty talking about how slow he is which makes it clear they have no idea what they're talking about and just toeing the old firm da party line.

34 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Strange behaviour.

Searched his name on Twitter the other day and most posts about him from Forest fans seemed to be filled with replies from OF fans informing them of how much of a "donkey" McKenna is. Absolute weirdos. 

Anyway, I'm disappointed he has gone, although I am a bit surprised that we managed to hold onto him for as long as we did. In my eyes, our best centre-back since Anderson - hopefully McKenna has more luck in England than Anderson did, mind. 

That goal against Kilmarnock stands out in the memory, but he produced one of the few genuinely 10/10 performances I have seen from an Aberdeen player in this win at Ibrox:

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Searched his name on Twitter the other day and most posts about him from Forest fans seemed to be filled with replies from OF fans informing them of how much of a "donkey" McKenna is. Absolute weirdos. 

Anyway, I'm disappointed he has gone, although I am a bit surprised that we managed to hold onto him for as long as we did. In my eyes, our best centre-back since Anderson - hopefully McKenna has more luck in England than Anderson did, mind. 

That goal against Kilmarnock stands out in the memory, but he produced one of the few genuinely 10/10 performances I have seen from an Aberdeen player in this win at Ibrox:

:lol: I'd forgotten that red card for big Sam.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: I'd forgotten that red card for big Sam.

Unbelievable decision* 🤓

*Fancy having the temerity to get kicked in the back of the leg by some current at the PoundlandArena (nailed on sending off offence).  You'd think he went to the wrong school/lodge or something!

Whether 3 million is a good deal or not, losing McKenna is a big blow if trying to achieve success and trophies. Him and Hoban gave us a chance at the back.

Taylor, Considine and Devlin are not at that level. I would like to see Logan on the right of the back 3 unless we sign a promising defender on loan. 

My seven year old son's favourite player is Scott McKenna. Showed him the photo of him in his Nottingham Forest strip. The wee man looked like he was about to burst in to tears and then spent the next 5 mins trying to convince me he didn't care.

Took me back to my reaction when Eoin Jess left Coventry at the same age!

Probably be good for McKenna to enter a more physical league, I think. 

Seemed pretty easy for him to dominate a lot of opposition attackers without much thought. Championship down there will have stronger and quicker attackers coming up against him, which should help.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

My seven year old son's favourite player is Scott McKenna. Showed him the photo of him in his Nottingham Forest strip. The wee man looked like he was about to burst in to tears and then spent the next 5 mins trying to convince me he didn't care.

Took me back to my reaction when Eoin Jess left Coventry at the same age!

I was gutted about Jess going but nothing will ever top seeing Billy Dodds on the back page wearing a Rangers top

Part of me died that day 

I know he went via one of the wee Dundee teams but f**k I was genuinely appalled 

I was gutted about Jess going but nothing will ever top seeing Billy Dodds on the back page wearing a Rangers top
Part of me died that day 
I know he went via one of the wee Dundee teams but f**k I was genuinely appalled 
Think Theo x 10000000000000000
Gutted wasn't the word

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably be good for McKenna to enter a more physical league, I think. 

Seemed pretty easy for him to dominate a lot of opposition attackers without much thought. Championship down there will have stronger and quicker attackers coming up against him, which should help.

I think a change for him in general will be good. As sad as it sounds there's a lot more to play for down the road too.