The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

31 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Fucking hard men sucker punching and kicking guys on the deck from behind.  Apart from being *** c***s who are those p***ks?

Looks like the Greggs pie tasters RFC supporters club...........................

Slightly concerned if we're to stick with a back 3 now.

Hoban can't really be relied on, McCrorie ain't a centre half and Taylor/Considine showed their limitations yesterday, not just defensively which was obviously poor, but on the ball too we missed Hoban and even Mckenna to an extent coming out from the back.

I'm guessing McCrorie was bought knowing that Mckenna would bring cash in so it may be that we're not spending any of this money coming in, which slightly concerns me.

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hoban can't really be relied on, McCrorie ain't a centre half and Taylor/Considine showed their limitations yesterday, not just defensively which was obviously poor, but on the ball too we missed Hoban and even Mckenna to an extent coming out from the back.

I'm guessing McCrorie was bought knowing that Mckenna would bring cash in so it may be that we're not spending any of this money coming in, which slightly concerns me.

I really didn’t like us playing a back three in the past, but was getting pretty comfortable with it with McKenna being a huge part of it. But, like you, now that’s he’s going/gone we have to go back to a back four starting on Thursday. At the back end of last season I thought that Ash Taylor was back to playing really well, but he was all over the place yesterday and if he is to play it has to be in a four. Not so sure that we won’t try for another centre back, albeit that he will probably be an out of contract player with no transfer fee involved. There’s no question that the club need the transfer fee for McKenna, and possibly Sam Cosgrove as well, and no one should have any issue with the sale/s.

This move has been on the cards for over 12 months now, but with a big game coming up for The Dons on Thursday, the timing is really poor.

But McKenna shouldn't go into this with his eyes shut. Forest are in free-fall at the moment with 4 straight defeats and 9 games without a win. Their signing policy is erratic to say the least, and this might not be the move that will further his career the way he hopes.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yip. Taylor and Considine both too slow and ponderous on the ball and want an extra touch. You can get away with one of them but not two.