The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I see sporting Lisbon had a friendly cancelled at the weekend due to two players testing positive for covid, as of today they have 8 players and 2 backroom staff testing positive also, will make next week very interesting for whoever makes it through. Also I'm lead to believe that if Viking make it through they can't travel to Portugal, lots of decisions to be made by UEFA in the coming days.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

image.jpeg.a7cb61d96c94ef2af8f3f5a968740aa9.jpeg

McInnes version 2014-2017 apparently in the dugout. The guy has rediscovered his mojo, we're as good to watch as we were back then.

what the f**k actually happened?

pretty simple lost good players and replaced them with signings that didn't work out or terrible players. The new signings have been excellent so far :) 

2 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

image.jpeg.a7cb61d96c94ef2af8f3f5a968740aa9.jpeg

McInnes version 2014-2017 apparently in the dugout. The guy has rediscovered his mojo, we're as good to watch as we were back then.

what the f**k actually happened?

Totally agree, we're playing very attractive football at the moment, we just need to find the same cutting edge we had back then. I have no doubt that will come. I think we're actually more solid defensively than we were in the 2016 vintage also.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Totally agree, we're playing very attractive football at the moment, we just need to find the same cutting edge we had back then. I have no doubt that will come. I think we're actually more solid defensively than we were in the 2016 vintage also.

I think we have the "cutting edge". Been putting loads of good balls in the box and just need a finisher like peak Rooney to put them away. 

image.png.cdd4386106ea21faf56e087d9b0d17ce.png

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think we have the "cutting edge". Been putting loads of good balls in the box and just need a finisher like peak Rooney to put them away. 

image.png.cdd4386106ea21faf56e087d9b0d17ce.png

That's kinda what I meant, should have worded it differently.

Said to the old man last night, what a player you would have if you could have Watkins all-round play and Cosgroves goals. I like Cosgrove, but I worry we'll regress with him back in the team. If that means scoring more though, I'll take it tbh.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

pretty simple lost good players and replaced them with signings that didn't work out or terrible players. The new signings have been excellent so far :) 

Not so fast my friend (01/02)

The hoofball, attrition fitba has gone. Indeed the very possibility of launching it seems to have been scrubbed from the teams conscience and there's a determination to play to a different philosophy. Maybe better players, but certainly different kind of players.

Far be it from a miserable b*****d like me to get carried away with a half a dozen good performances but I am getting carried away with half a dozen good performances.

I mentioned this on the Europe thread, but it's a big help to have a defender in Hoban who is comfortable stepping out of defence and playing fast, accurate, forward passes. One of the highlights of last night's game for me was when he did that to thread through Watkins early in the second half. 

I'll be interested to see how different we look without Hoban on Sunday, especially if it's a back three. If it is a back three, for me, McCrorie has to play on the right of that - if Taylor does play, he should be in the middle of the three with either Considine or McKenna dropping out and being rested for Sporting. 

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I mentioned this on the Europe thread, but it's a big help to have a defender in Hoban who is comfortable stepping out of defence and playing fast, accurate, forward passes. One of the highlights of last night's game for me was when he did that to thread through Watkins early in the second half. 

I'll be interested to see how different we look without Hoban on Sunday, especially if it's a back three. If it is a back three, for me, McCrorie has to play on the right of that - if Taylor does play, he should be in the middle of the three with either Considine or McKenna dropping out and being rested for Sporting. 

What’s up with Hoban for Sunday?

Rested due to number of games so close together?

Agree with this.

I’d go

Lewis
Logan McCrorie Taylor McKenna Hayes

Ferguson McGeough

Hedges McGinn

Watkins (but subbed early)